• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Divers dating divers myth or fact?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's some great diver guy out there for me...maybe one that will hump my doubles... :anna:

I know that I am not a "great diver" (yet). I am also not so sure I am a good humper. But on both counts, I am willing to learn...and no insecurities! :teeth:

Now Doug...why go all the way to the PNW when you can cut the distance in half...hit Texas and if it doesn't work out...still have plenty of options to work with???? Men...I just don't understand their logic...

Look at the Fiji trip -  3 guys and 8 women!

Case in point...and you guys complain that you always go on trips with all men...HA!!! Check out the Saba trip...1 spot left and we have more women then men....Fiji...more women then men....Grenada....more women then men....see a trend here?????

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:08 AM

I recently discovered that by moving to another country, I may indulge two of my fantasies. As most of you know, I prefer Asian women (or dark-haired Latinos, Blacks or Caucasians) and in Japan women divers outnumber men by estimates as high as 4:1. I'm just finishing packing (just my dive gear, the rest of the crap stays here at the condo).

Dr. Bill

#33 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:22 AM

This discussion kind of reminds me of when I was in college. I used to surf every single morning and one girlfriend I had started complaining about it. I told her "if I spent as much time on you as I do on my board we might not be having this conversation!" Needless to say, very shortly thereafter I was encouraged to seek out other dating opportunities.

Jamie,

I had the same conversation in Virginia Beach with a girl who had the same complaint about me surfing all the time. Except she offered to let me spend as much time on her as I wanted. I chose surfing.

Surfing is better than women because:

1) Surfboards never complain about how often you ride them.
2) Surboards never mind if you attach them to a leash.
3) When you wax your stick you don't think about other surfboards.
4) You can wax your stick in public without getting arrested.
5) Surfboards never ask to be held after being ridden.
6) Surboards always have great racks.
7) Surfboards are always shaped well.
8) Surfboards love Sex Wax.
9) You can ride the nose without being kinky.
10) Surfboards never ask you if they look fat!
11) No one ever complained about a fast surfboard.
12) Surfboards never complain if you paddle them.
13) Surfboards never care if you ride other surfboards.
14) When you get off your board you know it isn't pregnant.
15) When you get a rash from surfing it goes away.
16) If you get eaten while surfing you'll remember the experience.
17) Waves are the ultimate "blow job."
18) When a surfboard gets old you can get a new one.
19) When you're ready to get rid of a surfboard you can turn it into a coffee table.
20) You don't go to Hell for riding a surfboard.

If anyone is seriously looking for a woman who dives make sure she has a great set of doubles, is willing to breathe the long hose, and knows how to "Do It Right!"

Personally, I've been hurt way too deeply to want to get close to someone again. The bright side is that I can post stuff like the above without having to worry about scoring points with the women around here! :teeth:

Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#34 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:37 AM

Where do I meet these mythical female divers? It seems almost every dive trip I go on is filled with male divers... why is this sport so unbalanced in that respect? I think all the female divers live in Texas or Florida (with a few sprinkled in Virginia and Vancouver).

:teeth:    :o    :P    :P

Ahem! or Indiana.... how come they always forget about Indiana??? lol But I agree, I could not have a relationship with a non-diver.

Indiana? I didn't think they allowed divers in Indiana. Okay, Illinois, maybe, but Indiana? C'mon...... :P

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

The bright side is that I can post stuff like the above without having to worry about scoring points with the women around here!

Dude...that was a 9.0 in my book!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#36 DiveCandy

DiveCandy

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:18 AM

She was always complaining about how handling all the gear before and after looked like a lot of "work", and all her actions were centered around not damaging her precious fake nails, ruining her make-up, mussing up her hair, avoiding anything that looked "icky". 

Exactly where I got my name....because this is exactly what I am NOT when I am diving.

Make no doubt about it, diving is a mucous intensive, bruise inducing, and weird skin rash introducing sport!! Not for prissy girls or the men who love them!

But when the gear is rinsed and the dives are logged, I do like to clean up. Why do I sometimes wear dresses afterwards? To show off those bruises and "shorty tan lines" of course!! :teeth:

Me date a non-diver? I don't think so!

Kerry

#37 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:22 AM

I agree. The next woman I have a relationship with will have to be a diver. After thinking about it, I decided a non diver just won't do.

#38 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:30 AM

Living in Colorado he not only has to be a diver but able to keep up on the ski slopes! Almost impossible to find, but I plan to keep looking.

Actually I know a few dudes in CO myself included who do both. Of course most of the others are married. You must be looking in the wrong places. Now if I could find me a woman who dives, skiis and loves to backpack I'd be happy.

#39 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:33 AM

Living in Colorado he not only has to be a diver but able to keep up on the ski slopes! Almost impossible to find, but I plan to keep looking.

You are asking for one heck of a combination there Carla. I used to ski avidly but the major knee surgery really took its toll and now I stay to low impact activities. I'm sure your man is out there...
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#40 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:39 AM

But for as much as I dive, I really think it would be hard to not date a diver. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's some great diver guy out there for me...maybe one that will hump my doubles... :anna:

Well, there are quite a few guys here that I'm sure would be more than happy to 'hump your doubles'. After you get back from the diving trip of course. :banghead:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#41 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:54 AM

Case in point...and you guys complain that you always go on trips with all men...HA!!! Check out the Saba trip...1 spot left and we have more women then men....Fiji...more women then men....Grenada....more women then men....see a trend here?????

and you conspire against me by planning all these trips for when i can't go on them.

grrrrrrr
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#42 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:22 AM

Man alive... you guys are really starting to make this sound dreary here. Certainly I can understand that having hobbies... okay obsessions... that are the same as your partners would be a wonderful thing in any relationship, but I gotta say I don't think you're giving women enough credit here. Just because she may not dive doesn't mean you can't enjoy each other's company in every other aspect in life... at least not for me. The important thing to me is that they have a passion for something in life... it doesn't HAVE to be the same as mine, but they do have to understand the need for being living passionately. What if she loves to dance or sing or skydive or climb mountains or surf or sail? Maybe her passion would blend well with yours or even enhance it? Isn't that what a relationship is all about?

I mean really, how hard is it to get a non-diver girl to come along with you on a dive trip? "Honey, would you like to go spend a week at a nice deserted tropical location next month? I'm going to be diving about 6 hours out of the day, but you can tan yourself and shop at 400 million little shops while I'm gone. When I get back we can have dinner with a bunch of really cool friends of mine and although you won't understand much of the "down under" talk, they'll flirt, tease and joke wth you just like everyone else... especially once the margaritas kick in. We can watch the sunset from the beach while I sip champagne from your belly button, then we can sneak over to that little lagoon and make love under the stars, okay."

Somehow I can't imagine this being a real tough sell guys... not if you have the right woman. Of course, I would agree with you, my preference would be to date a diver.... and I don't care of she's from Indiana, Illinois, Japan (I'm with ya' on the dark skinned ones Doc) or Timbuktuh. If she's the right woman, distance will not be a barrier... but neither would the diving issue.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#43 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:35 AM

Excellent points Michael, if you live in Colorado. OTOH, if you live in Florida or other locations where diving becomes a lifestyle and everything else revolves around diving, it becomes much more important to be involved with a diver.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#44 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:06 AM

I can definitely see your point there Walter... at the very least she should have a boat and love the water, hey! LOL!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#45 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:14 AM

Exactly. If I'm involved with someone, I want to spend time with her. If she's not a diver, we're not going to be spending that much time together.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users