• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CONTEST: So tell us how you got lucky?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

No, you most certainly will not have the same experience here on SD! We welcome all buddyless divers regardless of their relationship or marital status! We are an equal opportunity diving "singles" site!

Totally true! I have absolutely no desire to date cmt489 (blonde, wrong gender...etc. :P), but we dive together and have become the greatest of friends! :P

WHAT?!?!? You don't want to date me? I'm crushed - I feel so misled.... :unsure:

:D :lmao:

#62 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

WHAT?!?!? You don't want to date me? I'm crushed - I feel so misled.... :unsure:

:P :D

I only held your hand diving for a moment until you got your bearings! Sheesh! :lmao:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#63 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

Coming soon to a theater near you...

... Paramount Pictures presents...

(Sounds of gentle waves caressing the shore...)

WHAT?!?!? You don't want to date me? I'm crushed - I feel so misled....

(Camera pans past an empty hammock for two on a white sand beach...)

I only held your hand diving for a moment until you got your bearings! Sheesh!

(Shot of a dive boat in the Caribbean sailing into the distance...)

Voiceover: It's the story of a girl... ...and another girl... ....and the trip that brought them together...

BROKEBACK LIVEABOARD...

Voiceover: Starring Golden Globe winner Dive_Girl and Academy Award nominee cmt489. Also starring WreckWench as the sloop captain who brings them together... Special guest appearances by drbill, Moose and that guy from Seinfeld who does beer commercials...

The action. The suspense. The drama. The neoprene...

Coming in June 2007 to a screen near you.

Note: No coupons or free passes will be honored for this screening.

Edited by shadragon, 23 February 2007 - 09:11 AM.

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#64 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

hmmm, this movie could prove interesting, VERY interesting :cool2:
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#65 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

I pulled back my curtains (drapes) one non-diving week-end, and so inspired by my view ....

that I decided I wanted to build a monumental dive log.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#66 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

Here is the complete message - Egyptian connectivity failed during my last...

One sunny non-diving week-end, I pulled back my curtains (drapes)...

So inspired by my view .... whilst yearning to be underwater :D .... I decided I wanted to build a monumental dive log. I went online to seek means of finding prospective accomplices in this mission, and hey presto - found SD - via Scuba Board. "Ham de al'lah" as they say in these parts....
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#67 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

"Ham de al'lah" as they say in these parts....

(Best Homer impersonation) Mmmmmmmmm, Ham... droooooooooooolll...
Posted Image
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#68 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

I'm not sure how I actually got here. Am I in an episode of the Twilight Zone? All I know is I woke up one day and had a link to this website called Singledivers.com on my laptop. Ever since then I have been finding myself in different surreal places so that I'm not really sure if I was ever really there. But there are pictures so I must have been there. Is this a conundrum or what. I mean did Egypt really happen or was going backwards down a tunnel in ski position to enter a pyramid just a figment of my imagination?
Wow what a site!!!
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#69 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:42 AM

I was at BTS this past year, trying to drown my sorrows by booking a dive trip to Bonaire. A little more than a year before I had met my soul mate, the only problem was she lived in Sweden,(and no soul), so I was about to move, and in the process I might have to give up diving for good. That relationship didn't work out.

So here I was with my usual buddy, we had airfare but no hotel, and the trip was in about 3 weeks. We had a list of Bonaire resorts to check out, but the show was a bust. We settled for the one resort that wasn't at BTS. On the plus side I met Rodney Fox, and ran into the SD booth, which my buddy insisted I stop at being newly single. There was a lot of "we're not a dating site" claims, which was a bummer as the booth girls were hawt!

After Bonaire I checked out the site, saw a write up on Cooper River, met some people I saw posting on here, and jinxed the Cozumel trip! :cheerleader: The girls here are still hawt, but I am no longer really "single". Hopefully I can get my so to start diving. She wants to, but is a little scared. Im working on her...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#70 Tank

Tank

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

So, I was in a public restroom and there was a man outside walking around in a peculiar fashion, then went into the stall next to me and was tapping his foot and making strange hand signals under the stall.... oops wrong story. :P I learned of this site through a couple other forums as well as my cousin and dive buddy telling me to go and check it out. I have been somewhat behind the scenes for a while, one of the ghosts of SD. I have really enjoyed this sight and have decided to participate a little more...God help you all!!! :P But that is how I got LUCKY!!

#71 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Oh my gosh, Hawkeye! You had me ROFL with your story! :P Sorry to hear about how you became single, but you sure can tell a story! :P So glad you found us!

Kamala - Hawkeye's story gets my vote for the entertainment value alone! :D

I agree!!

Hawkeye - Not to laugh at your misery... but OK, I did!!!! :D

Get that cert so we can all travel with you and enjoy more stories!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#72 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

I saw it on Divewire - a thing about a Singles Dive Week in Grenada. Hmmm. I'm single, I desperately needed a vacation, well, the rest is history. You guys are stuck with me. :P
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

I saw it on Divewire - a thing about a Singles Dive Week in Grenada. Hmmm. I'm single, I desperately needed a vacation, well, the rest is history. You guys are stuck with me. :P

Gosh we are sooooooooooooooooo lucky!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

So, I was in a public restroom and there was a man outside walking around in a peculiar fashion, then went into the stall next to me and was tapping his foot and making strange hand signals under the stall.... oops wrong story. :teeth: I learned of this site through a couple other forums as well as my cousin and dive buddy telling me to go and check it out. I have been somewhat behind the scenes for a while, one of the ghosts of SD. I have really enjoyed this sight and have decided to participate a little more...God help you all!!! :evilgrin: But that is how I got LUCKY!!

Oh you are :evilgrin:....

but I like it!

Glad you got *lucky* with us! Looking forward to getting to know you beter! Post away!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

I was at BTS this past year, trying to drown my sorrows by booking a dive trip to Bonaire. A little more than a year before I had met my soul mate, the only problem was she lived in Sweden,(and no soul), so I was about to move, and in the process I might have to give up diving for good. That relationship didn't work out.

So here I was with my usual buddy, we had airfare but no hotel, and the trip was in about 3 weeks. We had a list of Bonaire resorts to check out, but the show was a bust. We settled for the one resort that wasn't at BTS. On the plus side I met Rodney Fox, and ran into the SD booth, which my buddy insisted I stop at being newly single. There was a lot of "we're not a dating site" claims, which was a bummer as the booth girls were hawt!

After Bonaire I checked out the site, saw a write up on Cooper River, met some people I saw posting on here, and jinxed the Cozumel trip! :evilgrin: The girls here are still hawt, but I am no longer really "single". Hopefully I can get my so to start diving. She wants to, but is a little scared. Im working on her...

YEA!!! BTS paid off!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users