• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Questions for the Men: Why is it SO HARD . . . ?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#286 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:33 AM

We just hope you take good care of your health (that's the trophy aspect).

Im not sure if you intended it, but that is a pretty offensive remark.

:welcome:

All guys are interested in most women who are romantic and uplifting to them. It's our ego. We just hope you take good care of your health (that's the trophy aspect).

I think though I would go a bit further, and comment that this entire statement is potentially offensive -- to women and men, sfret.

Your statement implies that it's all about men and their ego; there is no sense of give-and-take between men and women. Women are just there to provide men with the ego boost you seem to think they so desperately need (I do not believe all men feel this way), and receive whatever the man decides they need in return, i.e. being taken care of.

sfret, we can make our own decisions about what is best for us. Occasionally we might ask for input, but the decision is ultimately ours. As well, in general, women do not need a man to take care of their health. We can do that fine on our own, thank you very much. (At least the ones I know.)

Phwew. People take offense too easily. ***refers back to truth statement*** I guess it's time for me to start studying John Lennon.

Edited by sfret, 23 July 2005 - 10:35 AM.

"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King

#287 Mishelle

Mishelle

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

Well, it seems to me that you imply two things:

1. Only women in 100% good health and stature are worthy.
2. That those who meet that rigided criteria can only be deemed "trophy" worthy.

That is how I read it, again that is why I said that I was not sure if you intended it.
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#288 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:45 AM

Phwew.  People take offense too easily.  ***refers back to truth statement***  I guess it's time for me to start studying John Lennon.

sfret,

This may be the *truth* as it appears to you; this is your perception. Please be aware and respect that people have opinions and *truths* that differ from yours. When you imply that there is only one *truth*, you are bound to offend many people.

As for John Lennon . . . the world would be a much better place if more people felt as he did.

#289 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:47 AM

To clarify.

A lot of men want a trophy looking gal. Most of us are not in trophy shape. As we get older, the trophy thing goes away (as our gut fills out). The "TROPHY" thing is, if anything, a character flaw in MEN (pick up a copy of playboy sometime).

100% perfect health. Not saying that. Hell. My body is racked with pain from a career in the military. BUT, I still work with it, excersize to manage it, and otherwise do what is necessary to keep myself on the slopes and in the water.

Boy. Did I open a can of worms with some literalist interpretations. Good health is relative to what you've been delt in life.

Edited by sfret, 23 July 2005 - 10:47 AM.

#290 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:47 AM

Phwew.  People take offense too easily.  ***refers back to truth statement***  I guess it's time for me to start studying John Lennon.

sfret,

This may be the *truth* as it appears to you; this is your perception. Please be aware and respect that people have opinions and *truths* that differ from yours. When you imply that there is only one *truth*, you are bound to offend many people.

As for John Lennon . . . the world would be a much better place if more people felt as he did.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

and Sfret, I did state that I was unsure if you intended your comments the way I read them. Hence, my asking. You choose to jump to the defensive. I think you will find it that MOST woman will take issue with men who objective women in general.
Whats the old saying about you cant judge a book by its cover?

Edited by Mishelle, 23 July 2005 - 10:58 AM.

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

#291 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

and Sfret, I did state that I was unsure if you intended your comments the way I read them. Hence, my asking. You choose to jump to the defensive. I think you will find it that MOST woman will take issue with men who objective women in general.
Whats the old saying about you cant judge a book by its cover?

I agree. A forum is a hard place to be judged. I guess that's why most books aren't three paragraphs long.

How the heck did mom and dad make it 53 years. Our generations sure are different. Hope the next can get through it with less hurt and more love.

Do you think our generations (me included) are too demanding (demand to be heard, demand to be first, demand to have the best, etc. etc.)?

#292 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

Not completely.

I do think that your generation tends to over think and moreso, think they know all. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU DIRECTLY! lol

I think each generation has a different concept of right and wrong. I grew up in a conservative military household the whole of my life. I believe in honor, loyalty and principle. Many say I was born in the wrong era. Perhaps. But I do have no issue sharing my ideas and opinions. :welcome:

Everyone is a product of their enviroment. And in that we all have to acknowledge that no one grows up in the same way. But each generation does hold the hope for a better tomorrow. That is where the knowledge and experience of the older, and most times, wiser generations become most important.

#293 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:00 PM

Sounds like people just need to step back and just let it die. Now I don't want to have you two kids put your noses in the corner until the both of your can in the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?"

Now shake hands and go back to your respective corners.

Trophy women. Male ego. All amounts to a great big cow pie. JK

:welcome: If I have offended anyone, please grow thicker skin. :welcome:

#294 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

We were just sorting out a misunderstanding, no need for a time out for either of us, I assure you.

#295 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

*** stands in the corner ***

Damn, I've gotta dust the cobwebs.
Sheesh. The baseboards are so dusty I'll have to paint. :welcome:
CRAP! THAT DAMN SPIDER TRIED TO BITE ME !!!! :welcome:

HEY!!! Can I have a drink of water? Is it time yet?

#296 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

:welcome: :welcome: Well as a teacher, the rule of thumb for time out is one minute per year old! :welcome: I snuck out..... you know Im the rebel! :welcome:

#297 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

:lmao: :lmao: Well as a teacher, the rule of thumb for time out is one minute per year old! :) I snuck out..... you know Im the rebel! :teeth:

Is there a limit on how many time out's you can get in one day??? At that rate...1min. per year old, I would probably be in that corner most of the day!!! Well maybe I can get a bed and a fridge put in the corner to help ease the pain! :lmao:

Which end is up?

#298 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:19 AM

Well in my classroom, it depends on the infraction. Just being distruptive, you get three chances. After those three time outs, you go to the office. Hitting, biting, cussing and EW spitting get you an immediate walk down the hall to the office. Two office visits get you a call home to mom and dad. But in the end, it is at my discretion. I generally only have to give "the look" to get immediate change in behavior.
As for the fridge and bed in the corner... nope! :lmao: :teeth: We can not reward negative behavior!!!!!

#299 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

We can not reward negative behavior!!!!!

and I was POSITIVE it was my Behavior... And I thought Positive Behavior was rewarded????? :teeth:

Which end is up?

#300 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

I see we need to set some guidelines for you! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users