• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Questions for the Men: Why is it SO HARD . . . ?

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#301 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

I see we need to set some guidelines for you! lol

I am not a bad person, I am just mis-understood! :teeth:

Which end is up?

#302 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

I have heard that line before lol
But I do not think you are a bad person in the least!
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#303 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

:lmao: I guess there is hope for me after all! :teeth:

Which end is up?

#304 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

:teeth: thats the rumor

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

#305 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

:lmao: I guess there is hope for me after all! :teeth:

Yes there is and someday we "hope" we will understand your posts! :lmao:

#306 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

:teeth: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :)

#307 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

Yes there is and someday we "hope" we will understand your posts! :lmao:

I hope someday to understand my posts as well! :teeth: The medicine is helping! Or so I am told! :lmao:

Which end is up?

#308 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:13 PM

Yes there is and someday we "hope" we will understand your posts!  :lmao:

I hope someday to understand my posts as well! :teeth: The medicine is helping! Or so I am told! :lmao:

Hey I'm an old dead head you got some good meds??? :lmao:

#309 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:33 PM

Yes there is and someday we "hope" we will understand your posts!  :)

Hey I'm an old dead head you got some good meds??? :lmao:

not like one of the concerts! :lmao:

Which end is up?

#310 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:42 PM

No vitamin "C"???

#311 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:06 PM

No vitamin "C"???

:evilgrin: I am sure there is something in the Orange Juice, but it isn't vitamin C :cool1:

Which end is up?

#312 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:21 PM

No vitamin "C"???

:cool1: I am sure there is something in the Orange Juice, but it isn't vitamin C :teeth:

Vitamin "C" was just a name we gave to Lucy in the Sky Diamonds back in the days when Osley was making the vitamins. A couple of times I saw Jesus, really!!!
:evilgrin:

#313 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:30 PM

No vitamin "C"???

:cool1: I am sure there is something in the Orange Juice, but it isn't vitamin C :teeth:

Vitamin "C" was just a name we gave to Lucy in the Sky Diamonds back in the days when Osley was making the vitamins. A couple of times I saw Jesus, really!!!
:evilgrin:

Ahhh yes, I see. I was but a wee lad at that time. I do however have older brother and sisters that were of age back then, so I wasn't completely devoid of involvement and knowledge! :-P

Which end is up?

#314 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:16 AM

drbill - I am 100% positive, without a shread of doubt, that it is a human vs a gender thing.

As for this friend of yours, don't write her off just yet. If she's going through a breakup, maybe she's deflecting some of her anger towards you without really meaning it. She could be looking for reassurance from you, that you are not looking for "just a hookup". Of course there are better ways to find out.

Thanks for the agreement on that. I think it is very fair to say that the lack of open communication is a characteristic of many men and many women (fortunately by no means all of them).

As a scientist I think I'm more open to honest comments, whether they be praise or criticism. However, the way the "criticism" is couched is quite important. My basic principle in life is what most people refer to as "the golden rule" (although Confucius was the one who originated it). I try not to cause anyone intentional hurt (unless the bastard really deserves it!!!).

Fortunately, there is a woman very open about communication who has caught my eye over the past few months (her writing has caught my eye, although recently her presence did as well). This is much better.

I do hope to resolve the issue with my old dive buddy as I value her friendship and I love diving with her. However, my future dives will be with the one I feel is more "honest" in her communication.

#315 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

drbill - I am 100% positive, without a shread of doubt, that it is a human vs a gender thing.

As for this friend of yours, don't write her off just yet.  If she's going through a breakup, maybe she's deflecting some of her anger towards you without really meaning it.  She could be looking for reassurance from you, that you are not looking for "just a hookup".  Of course there are better ways to find out.

Thanks for the agreement on that. I think it is very fair to say that the lack of open communication is a characteristic of many men and many women (fortunately by no means all of them).

Fortunately, there is a woman very open about communication who has caught my eye over the past few months (her writing has caught my eye, although recently her presence did as well). This is much better.

I do hope to resolve the issue with my old dive buddy as I value her friendship and I love diving with her. However, my future dives will be with the one I feel is more "honest" in her communication.

drbill, 2 Cdn pennies coming your way . . . DUCK!! :birthday:

I agree with ScubaPunk as well, although I think too much emphasis is being put on her communication as the problem.

Although all I know about you and this particular dive buddy is what you've written, this is my take on the situation:

She's going through a (probably) difficult and painful break-up from a man she's been seeing for over 3 years, I believe. During this time, she's been diving with this great guy from Catalina Island who has expressed interest in her over a period of time. Now that the break-up is pretty much a done deal, this Catalina guy thinks it's OK to make his move and declares, "Maybe now is the time for us!" (Or words to that effect.)

Personally, I'd be a bit put off as well, drbill. (I'm extremely sensitive though. :birthday:) What your comment would say to me is that you're glad that other guy is FINALLY out of the way so you can now take your shot. It doesn't indicate any empathy for the woman or how she is currently feeling. It just seems like you want to get the show on the road and get what you want, without being considerate of what she may want or need at this time. Make sense? :cool1:

drbill, from your writings here and elsewhere, I have no doubt that you are a most genuine, caring, considerate, sensitive man, so please take no offense at what I wrote, but based on how you described the situation, this is my take on it. As well, I'm sure your dive buddy realizes you're a great guy too, but her mindset may be a bit askew at the moment, and perhaps your words are being misunderstood.

:evilgrin: + :teeth: + :birthday: and all the other *good* emoticons, my friend!

:dazzler:

Edited by annasea, 25 July 2005 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users