• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Problem with moderator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#46 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:00 PM

Who's Walter? :lmao:

LOLOL!

It doesn't matter. Consider the source. Several weeks ago, scuba1231 (the guy that's complaining) said he was leaving. Now if we assume that scuba1231 is not a liar, then he couldn't be back here to complain. As such, there is no post and no complaint. That is, unless he's just trying to cause trouble...

#47 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

Who's Walter? :teeth:

LOLOL!

It doesn't matter. Consider the source. Several weeks ago, scuba1231 (the guy that's complaining) said he was leaving. Now if we assume that scuba1231 is not a liar, then he couldn't be back here to complain. As such, there is no post and no complaint. That is, unless he's just trying to cause trouble...

Richard, you beat me too it. I thought 123 left and said goodbye as well.

As Marvel points outs 123 seems to end up in the middle of Doo Doo with his posts.

I am thinking on other sites folks would be yelling TROLL. But that would be name calling and we do not do that here.

So I did not say that, just said what others might say on other boards.

WW, Walter and Marvel have been doing a great job and that is why I like this group.

Mike

#48 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:25 PM

I'll yell it because I am not afriad to say it..

Ok Kamala slapped my hand because I said it but I'll still say it troll!!! And said that isn't very angel like... Geez Kamala, I'd be the same way if he said it about you!!!

The views are mine.. and if you don't like it BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#49 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

So? you're "trying to be nice here". Really? you really are? hmmm...don't think so. Besides who are you? All I can tell from your profile is that your some young dude from Colo. that has no dives, no certs, no nothin'. So, as they say in Louisiana, "be nice or leave". thank you.

Walter? haven't met you yet and from all the great things I've heard about you, I'm looking forward to diving with you and all the other really really NICE people on Single Divers dot com.

1231, you're dismissed. buh bye... :hiya:

2dive4 :teeth:

#50 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

Ok, I am trying to be nice here, but often in threads, I find that walter has this never ending need to nit pick every little error in a post even though most people get the general gist of the discussion. It reeks of arrogance and is not the least bit impressive.

oops, left this "quote" off of my reply which is directed to 1231 or whoever it is. :teeth:

#51 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:32 PM

Don't even get me started, especially while I am dieting. :teeth:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#52 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

Don't even get me started, especially while I am dieting. :teeth:

awe, come on....that's when we do our best "work" ie: telling it like it is. All hungry and hypoglycemiced out. (is that a word?) :hiya:

#53 notsonewbie

notsonewbie

Getting started

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:what's a logbook? (30)

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

And to think that he is from my wonderful state. Time to give him some walking papers.
a true patriot questions authority

#54 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

I'll yell it because I am not afriad to say it..

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The views are mine.. and if you don't like it BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't argue with that! If it looks like, @!&%, smells like @!&%, act's like @!&%, it must be........

(notice I didn't say 123, that would be wrong)

#55 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:44 PM

Ok, I am trying to be nice here, but often in threads, I find that walter has this never ending need to nit pick every little error in a post even though most people get the general gist of the discussion.  It reeks of arrogance and is not the least bit impressive.

As someone who regularly locks horns with folks on other boards/blogs, I'm pleased at how everyone has rushed to Walter's defense. As I stated in a previous post, one of the good things about SD is that we can disagree without being disagreeable. I believe that Scuba1231 is mistaken in his evaluation of Walter, and I'm disappointed that he couldn't have found a better way of saying it.

Rick
:teeth:

I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true--Dorothy Parker

#56 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

Please note that the following contains my own personal observations and thoughts and take it as you will...

While I have made my position clear earlier in this thread that I think Walter and the other administrators and moderators on this board are wonderful, my experience on other boards suggests that we should be careful before actually turning our assault on the person posting the complaint. It is one thing to defend someone being criticized (in this case Walter) but quite another to tell a members of a board that they should leave the board instead of being given a chance to reconsider or rephrase his complaint.

I LOVE this board and my reason for that is its members and how well we all get along. Granted, there will be times where intelligent adults with differing opinions will have to agree to disagree or simply choose to ignore threads that they do not view in the same way that others do but this is all part of being able to express ones self. IMHO, just as the administrators and moderators have a job to monitor the board, our job as members of this board is to keep it civil and maintain a friendly atmosphere whenever possible. Granted, there will be diagreements but I think it is possible to voice them without becoming overly confrontational and, in essence, dropping to the level of the person that you are criticizing.

Anyhow, just my 2 psi and feel free to make whatever comments you like about my post - I'm a big girl and I can handle it!! :teeth:

#57 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:53 PM

I believe that Scuba1231 is mistaken in his evaluation of Walter, and I'm disappointed that he couldn't have found a better way of saying it.

Rick
:hiya:

I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true--Dorothy Parker

:teeth:

As I stated earlier, I think scuba1231 perhaps should have considered PMing Walter, rather than start a thread.

As for the thread itself, it has now gone from members singing Walter's praises to attacking scuba1231. Granted, these attacks may be warranted, but still. How necessary is this behaviour?

(just asking :respect:)

Edited by annasea, 31 May 2005 - 03:55 PM.

#58 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

As I stated earlier, I think scuba1231 perhaps should have considered PMing Walter, rather than start a thread.

As for the thread itself, it has now gone from members singing Walter's praises to attacking scuba1231. Granted, these attacks may be warranted, but still. How necessary is this behaviour?

(just asking :teeth:)

He can't PM. He hasn't forked over the $25 that's required to get PM rights.

#59 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:21 PM

(just asking :hiya:)

He can't PM. He hasn't forked over the $25 that's required to get PM rights.

Thank you for that information, Richard, I wasn't aware. But since Walter is a moderator/administrator, can't he still be contacted by non-premier members through other means?

Either way, my point was not necessarily whether scuba1231 has an opportunity to voice his opinions to Walter or not, but moreso that I, personally, don't believe creating a thread criticising a member in this fashion is appropriate behaviour. It seems a rather childish and immature topic for adults to engage in. I'm sure scuba1231 was aware when he created this thread that no one would agree with him. What was the point of starting such a thread? None that I can think of other than an attempt to cause trouble. Shouldn't he be left alone in his sandbox rather than having so many jump in with such gusto?

Richard, I must confess I enjoyed your Harley/horse joke - surely you have others? (Just trying to place 'nice'.) :teeth:

#60 scuba1231

scuba1231

On a roll now.....

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Yeah girls you are right, I am a troll and you are such easy targets. Especially RichardB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users