• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Problem with moderator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#61 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:36 PM

The views are mine.. and if you don't like it BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if we do like it.... can we still bite ya??...oh BTW I just nibble.. :teeth:

So back to the post...I fully support and respect the Mods. and Admins. and find them to be equally respectful...even with some things they dont agree with..they're doing a job that requires them to set aside their personal views and do a job that no one else will.....Thank You...I also regret seeing this brought into the forum and think that an alternate way should have been sought..an email if PM is not available or a phone call to Kamala...this is not the place to discuss personal differences or disputes....
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#62 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:39 PM

s for the thread itself, it has now gone from members singing Walter's praises to attacking scuba1231. Granted, these attacks may be warranted, but still. How necessary is this behaviour?

It really isn't necessary. As the Mona Monkeys would say, "Leave a man with one banana and he won't take yours".

I think most of us feel that the positive action of supporting Walter is much more productive to the group (which is what REALLY matters) than attacking this obvious troll. Like everything in life and love, what you get out is what you put in. We all have a lot of fun here and that's why we participate. If you don't participate, I don't think you much of a right to b****. Being negative really doesn't get anyone anywhere. You can be indignant and not be negative. Just my two cents worth.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

:birthday: ALL!!!

For your support...for your faith in our belief that people from all walks of diving can come and play and have fun and when someone comes along that doesn't 'get it' that they are welcomed anyway but gently advised by other members how to fit in around here. And if they still choose not to fit in...well we hope that they will find someplace else to have 'that kind of fun'.

But the past few weeks have made us realize that some of the rules and tenants of our community are not widely known...nor are they in a single place easy to find. We believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt...until they prove themselves wrong or we find out that their intentions are not honorable.

As a result you'll see some new policies for our community being posted shortly and you'll see a procedure for asking a member to either take a short vacation from the site or permanently leave the site if they break our rules. But first we need to make sure that everyone knows the rules...kinda hard to play a game where the rules aren't known...or change mid-stream.

So we thank you for your support...your suggestions on how to make the site better and yes for the chance to reinforce that we have created a unique culture in the message board world...and in the diving world...that being nice prevails over everything else! Afterall....who gets into diving for grief? controversary? or stress? Diving is the escape from all of that...and SD.com is the escape between dives aka your 'surface interval' from the day to day hassles. So if you want some fun...some diving...some relationship help...and some great friends...you've come to the right place.

If you want to cause trouble, troll, start an argument or a host of other negative behaviors....please go elsewhere. Its not welcome here. -Kamala aka ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

I just wanted to clarify that my post was not directed against the people dissing scuba1231, just to point out that it wasn't necessary to do so. I just feel it's more important to be positive than to be negative. We all have enough negative stuff in our day to day lives we don't need it here.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#65 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

Yeah girls you are right, I am a troll and you are such easy targets. Especially RichardB.

Baiting.

Ban this troll.

#66 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

Captain Dr D..

You are of course correct that I should not have let it come to this but as I have no plank to make him walk or keel to keel haul him at this time. I have to suffice to venting my anger at the fact that one of my fellow sailors has been personally attacked.

I guess that I'll have to take my lashes for this but if it had been anyof ya'll I'd of stood my ground and stood up for you!!!

ARRUGGGGHHHHHHH
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#67 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

Pony Boy if you want to take a bite get in line... 3 Am next Thrusday morning behind the rest that want to take a whack at me or a bite out of me!!!!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#68 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

ahh, yer a good mate and you can sail on my boat anytime. Just remember that famous latin quote.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

#69 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

Thanks just don't ask me to set the direction we are sailing in. I have no sense of direction.. I get lost in the parking lot....

I'll handle shoving the buttheads off the plank!!!! It's the evil wench in me!!!
Kay

#70 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

Thanks just don't ask me to set the direction we are sailing in. I have no sense of direction.. I get lost in the parking lot....

I'll handle shoving the buttheads off the plank!!!! It's the evil wench in me!!!

YEAH!

Girl I LOVE your attitude. (Real men love a dependent lady!)

I'm on any trip you're on! Where we going? Texas FG? Bonair? Figi?

#71 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

Pony Boy if you want to take a bite get in line... 3 Am next Thrusday morning behind the rest that want to take a whack at me or a bite out of me!!!!

I told ya I dont bite...I just nibble...alot :birthday:
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#72 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

For anyone who was wondering, that's Latin for "Don't let the bastards get you down."

I'm calling for everybody reading this to immediately stop posting on this topic, as I believe we're only giving this guy the attention and audience that he seeks.

Walter, you know we're all behind you 100%. An inexorable rule of life is that your critics can never forgive you for being right.

Rick
:birthday:

Responsibility is the prerequisite for freedom.

#73 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (scuba1231 @ May 31 2005, 06:35 PM)
Yeah girls you are right, I am a troll and you are such easy targets. Especially RichardB. 

Baiting.

Ban this troll.

Absolutely. Get rid of him once and for all.

#74 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

To Funny :lmao: I bet your laughing your ass off over this :teeth:

:thankyou: For the shack-down :wakawaka:

123 Fess-Up tho are you really a diver ?
This would be a good time to join in because everybody knows You :D

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#75 scuba1231

scuba1231

On a roll now.....

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

you have no clue who I am......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users