• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

Michelle,

I'm just trying to help a little.

Walter,

I suppose that is true, but I am still just absolutely in amazement nearly every day. Lucky boy, lucky boy, lucky boy! You know the rest of that one. :lmao:
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#92 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

Excellent point, Frank. A lot of the stuff that I used to get a bit worked up about I've come to realize is no big deal ... in fact, I'm starting to think that it is a major liability in dating someone who is a lot younger than you - they still think it is a big deal.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#93 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

I agree, the older I get, the more laid back and less set in my ways I am. (Yes, I really was less flexible in my youth - LOL!)
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#94 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

As I've mentioned previously, most of my dive buddies are ladies who are attached but usually buddy-less. As we've dived together over the years, we've become good friends, Hugs, squeezes and kisses are the norm between us. However, I've never had one BF (or hubby) express any jealousy towards me for that, even though I would love to be with more than one of my buddies if the opportunity arose (she became single).

At first I wondered if they did not feel threatened because I'm just an old fart (you know, an 18-year old trapped in a bottle meant for much more "mature" wine). I talked to them and the reason they did not feel jealous, even if they knew I was very fond of their SO, was because they trusted me (rightly so) and they trusted their partners.

One can express warmth and love for another person without triggering jealousy as long as there is trust and open communication.

#95 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

I feel a Dr. Phil touchy feely intervention moment coming on.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users