• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Pick-up lines

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

I don't know if this counts as a pick-up line, but it was probably a lame pick-up attempt. I was working out in the gym one night a while ago and was on one of the many cardio machines that are typically lined up by the dozens next to each other. A very tan (and looked like he just greased up for a Mr. Universe competition -- ewww) and very well-built (maybe overly-built) man gets on the machine next to me -- someone who obviously knows his way around a gym. He fumbles around with the controls for a while (I ignore him with my walkman headset on) and then interrrupts me to get my attention. He actually asked me for help on how to use the machine! You've got to be kidding me! And that's actually what I said! I actually had seen him on the cardio machines on different occasions in the past! :fish:

I've been told by gym personnel and trainers that there are people who go to the gym in the off-hours to seriously work out, then they come back during the peak hours (5-7 p.m.) to "look good" for the other people working out and cruise the floor for "babes". Don't these people have real jobs??? :diver:

#17 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:52 AM

I've been told by gym personnel and trainers that there are people who go to the gym in the off-hours to seriously work out, then they come back during the peak hours (5-7 p.m.) to "look good" for the other people working out and cruise the floor for "babes". Don't these people have real jobs??? blink.gif

Maybe that IS their real job!!! :diver:
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#18 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:26 AM

I actually had seen him on the cardio machines on different occasions in the past!  :fish: 

Bahamasita, but did you see him when you were there during off hours? :diver:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#19 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

I've been wracking my brain to remember a time when I used pick-up lines. I honestly can't remember any (although they probably were there in my younger days). Early on I was too shy to even consider them. Although I can be pretty creative, I prefer to simply approach a woman (once I get up the nerve... residual shyness I guess) and introduce myself. Of course I'm still single so I'm either not doing a good job of it, or just choosing the wrong women!

Hmmm... maybe I should employ those creative juices.

#20 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

Maybe that IS their real job!!! :lmao:

What's the going salary for that job? :P

#21 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:19 AM

I actually had seen him on the cardio machines on different occasions in the past!  :P 

Bahamasita, but did you see him when you were there during off hours? :lmao:

Very perceptive! ;) Yes, I prefer working out off-hours b/c these "cruisers" are "off-duty" then and I can usually work out in peace, but it's tough when one has a regular job! So sometimes I have to brave the "rush" hour to squeeze in a workout every now and then! LOL! Oh the untold perils of the sharks in the gym! I'll take the aquatic sharks any day! :P

Edited by Bahamasita, 27 June 2005 - 09:20 AM.

#22 jt0001

jt0001

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 100+ dives mostly warm water. Photo & Vid
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

If you have to depend on a pick up line to get somone interested you might be hanging out inthe wrong places. Bars are a nice place to go flirt but a sad place to look for romance unless of course it is after midnight and you have had several drinks.

#23 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

Of course I'm still single so I'm either not doing a good job of it, or just choosing the wrong women!

You have to get off that island once in a while, DrBill! :lmao:

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

Of course I'm still single so I'm either not doing a good job of it, or just choosing the wrong women!

You have to get off that island once in a while, DrBill! :lmao:

No question the island is very limiting... however the diving is great. Come join me! (Is that a pick up line???)

#25 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

You have to get off that island once in a while, DrBill! :-D

No question the island is very limiting... however the diving is great. Come join me! (Is that a pick up line???)

You bet! (BTW, that's not a pick-up line...that's a "fishing" line! :D ) I am doing my NAUI OW cert dives in mid-July in the Keys...so as soon as I get my OW cert, you all will be seeing a lot more of me underwater! :diver: :lmao: :hiya:

#26 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:32 AM

...BTW, that's not a pick-up line...that's a "fishing" line!

Oops, now I'm in big trouble. I don't have a valid California fishing license (since I don't take any more).

#27 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

...BTW, that's not a pick-up line...that's a "fishing" line!

Oops, now I'm in big trouble. I don't have a valid California fishing license (since I don't take any more).

:D You get your "fishing" license, DrBill, I'll get my OW cert, and I'll see you in the water! :fish:

#28 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

I am doing my NAUI OW cert dives in mid-July in the Keys...so as soon as I get my OW cert, you all will be seeing a lot more of me underwater! :fish2: :thankyou: :dance:

Good Luck. It will be great to see you on an SD trip!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#29 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

I am doing my NAUI OW cert dives in mid-July in the Keys...so as soon as I get my OW cert, you all will be seeing a lot more of me underwater!    :fish2:    :thankyou:    :dance:

Good Luck. It will be great to see you on an SD trip!

Scott

:lam:

Thanks, Scott! :)

#30 DivingDolly

DivingDolly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, DivCon in training
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

On the subject of pick-up lines. I joined one of these internet dating sites and just this week was sent a message that read "WOW, you are a very very attractive woman, loved your picture and your profile". Well the picture you see on SD.com is the picture I have showing there too (I haven't come up with a land picture I like).

Do people think be for opening there mouths or put fingers to keyboards. A simple "WOW" you look like your having fun" would be great.

And people wonder why I seldom date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users