• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What's Your Sign?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#76 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:23 PM

Weird huh! :teeth:
I always come out as an introvert on personality profiles. I have no problem MCing in a large club, on stage in front of thousands or being the loud. boisterous one in a group. But given the choice between the party and a quiet evening with a good book - The book tends to win. My public persona tends to be more extroverted than the private persona. Although I do attend concerts - give me a small jazz/piano bar, a beautiful lady and a Bacardi and Coke - I'm set.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#77 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

^
^
^
^

Totally spoken like an INF. :teeth:

In my professional life, I've given presentations in front of probably 250,000 people (not all at the same time, of course, but over my career). I'm VERY good at it.

Yet doing so completely drains me... I will require hours (and in some cases days, depending on the circumstances) to feel fully recharged after such events. Yet other people - extroverts - seem to gain energy from these sorts of events, rather than having it drained from them as it does me.

In a social setting: I have a small group of very close friends... not a large circle of casual friends. And I would MUCH prefer to be in a small group (less than 10) rather than a middle-sized group of folks. A small dinner party at a house sounds fun, but something like a wedding reception or open house with 30-200 people sounds MISERABLE to me.

And of course, given my druthers, I'm much rather spend time with a good friend or mate than even small social events.

Yeah. I'm a total introvert who knows how to pretend to be an extrovert when I need to.

I'm not surprised at all to hear that ScubaHawk's introverted... in fact, I wonder if part of the appeal of diving - the quiet, serene introspective nature of it - doesn't draw out introverts in larger numbers than other hobbies do.

That might very well explain why I like divers so much!

-d
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#78 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

In my professional life, I've given presentations in front of probably 250,000 people (not all at the same time, of course, but over my career).  I'm VERY good at it.

Yet doing so completely drains me...  I will require hours (and in some cases days, depending on the circumstances) to feel fully recharged after such events.  Yet other people - extroverts - seem to gain energy from these sorts of events, rather than having it drained from them as it does me.

Well, since we've already strayed from the original question . . .

Another hijack, anyone? :teeth:

David,

Based on your quote above, in addition to being an *I*, you might also find you're an *HSP* -- Highly Sensitive Person.
HSP Self Test

#79 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

:dltears:

Egads. I'm a HSP too? (scored a 19 - yes, according to this test, I would be a HSP).

Dammit.

Maybe I can find some other tests and pick up the other letters of the alphabet as well. :teeth:

Yeah, I'm a sensitive guy. I admit it.

Suddenly I'm feeling the need to go lift some weights or install a sink and use power tools or something. And drink a beer. Better make it a Budweiser.

Maybe NASCAR is on.
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#80 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

Well I would definitely say my "Gemini" traits ring true... but in all honesty, I don't look anything like the popup picture with the bikini... :cool2:

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#81 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:16 AM

Gemini all the way and I can get away with TWICE as much. :cool2:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#82 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

1%-er
INTJ
Scorpio...

Got enough problems?? hehehh..

1%-er
ENTP on the Meyers-Briggs
Top Gun on PDP
and...an Aquarian

I like me! :-)

#83 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

and...an Aquarian

Aquarian... well to day you do,
what about tomorrow.... (just kidding) :o
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#84 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

and...an Aquarian

Aquarian... well to day you do,
what about tomorrow.... (just kidding) :o

:taz: Oh, I think you have me confused with a Gemini; they're the ones that change from day to day; or is that moment to moment?

#85 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

Blonde...errr...uhhh...Auburn moment. lol....

Is there a delete button? :o

Edited by Twinklez, 18 July 2005 - 10:53 PM.

#86 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:56 PM

Hehe.. my "Impression" of Aquarians is that they're pretty much on the Artsy side of life and just kinda go, like water???, with the tides, flows etc...
Very Creative, swings from one mood to the other on the spur of the moment..
Always fun to be with, but a little difficult to depend on in difficult situations...

Just my rememberance of the sign.. probably got it confused with another... but maybe not??? LOL.. since no one believes in signs these days it doesn't really matter eh?? :o
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#87 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

(fbp) Hehe.. my "Impression" of Aquarians is that they're pretty much on the Artsy side of life and just kinda go, like water???, with the tides, flows etc...

Artsy, sometimes - great ideas but little patience to finish the project; ebb and flow, definately! :taz:

(fpb) Very Creative, swings from one mood to the other on the spur of the moment..

Resourceful - I guess that's a form of creative; mood swings only when under tremendous stress, I cry easily and sometimes I laugh and cry at the same time for no apparent reason :dltears:

(fbp) Always fun to be with, but a little difficult to depend on in difficult situations...

I like to be fun, but sometimes am too serious or intense with my feelings; difficult to depend on in a difficult situation - no way! I'm the one who looks after mom, took in my nephews, cancels my plans to lend a hand; day-to-day mundane stuff - that's where I'm difficult to depend on! :o

(fbp) Just my rememberance of the sign.. probably got it confused with another... but maybe not??? LOL..  since no one believes in signs these days it doesn't really matter eh??  :P

Only if you're ruling me out :o

Twinklez

#88 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

Heheh... a lot to talk about eh??? :o
fpoole