• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flowers...from secret admirers...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

I think we should start a betting pool on who sent flowers to WW... kind of a hidden bid sort of thing. :teeth:

Ummm lets not and say we did!!!

Now if you want to guess who will send me the NEXT batch of flowers...that would be ok! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

I think we should start a betting pool on who sent flowers to WW... kind of a hidden bid sort of thing. :teeth:

Interesting idea, Neptuner! But how will we know if the "guilty ones" aren't betting in our ranks? :lmao:

#48 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:24 PM

I think we should start a betting pool on who sent flowers to WW... kind of a hidden bid sort of thing.  :lmao:

Interesting idea, Neptuner! But how will we know if the "guilty ones" aren't betting in our ranks? :wakawaka:

Either you are very clever or you have done this before! :teeth:

Which end is up?

#49 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

I think we should start a betting pool on who sent flowers to WW... kind of a hidden bid sort of thing.  :lmao:

Interesting idea, Neptuner! But how will we know if the "guilty ones" aren't betting in our ranks? :wakawaka:

Either you are very clever or you have done this before! :teeth:

Who me? Or Neptuner? When you say "done this before"....do you mean get or give flowers? I'm innocent! I swear! :wakawaka:

#50 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:09 PM

Ummm lets not and say we did!!!

Now if you want to guess who will send me the NEXT batch of flowers...that would be ok! :wakawaka:

Do we use the address you have posted on the board? :teeth:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#51 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:37 PM

Well of course we would make a rule that no one can bet on themselves... but then again, they may consider a joint venture with a silent partner and split the booty! Alas, I think we will simply have to ponder in silence as WW is doing, for I suspect the lad, if any connection to the board, will be even more shy about coming forward now.... :teeth:

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#52 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

It's always intriguing at first, but I would eventually want to know. It would be hard to start a relationship without knowing who the other person is! I'd hate for the "wrong person" to spend so much time, effort, and money and get his hopes up if it's not a likely match. The admirer should eventually reveal him/herself if the admiration will ever have a chance of being anything more. If he/she does not, then that could be crossing into the stalking realm.....

Of course, I should caveat what I say here in that I am presuming the recipient is single. Otherwise, there may eventually be trouble in paradise dependng on how insecure the recipient's S.O. is. :teeth:

First...I love flowers, pink ones in particular. Do I get any? Only from my sons.

Second...Never assume anything. Maybe the person is sending the flowers just because it puts a smile on your face and not necessarily for romantic reasons. Just knowing he or "she" made you smile is gratification enough without being thanked in person, making more sense to stay anonymous.

Third...Men take women to dinner, to the movies, etc., before knowing if it's a likely match; so what's the difference if he or she spends the money on flowers before knowing for sure. Maybe he or she just wants to see the reaction of the recipient to know if he or she wants to pursue the situation further.

Ok, would I want to know who they're from? You bet! I'm single and without a significant other. I'm not necessarily looking to get tied down immediately, but I am looking for someone to share quality time and do things with - a best friend and more. If there is a possibility that the person sending the flowers is the person I'm looking for...I don't want to miss out by not knowing.

If I never knew...I would hope that whoever sent them knew what a big smile they put on my face and how good it made me feel.

You know this is one of those double-edged swords...wasn't me who got them so I don't have to worry about it; darn!!! :-)

Twinklez

#53 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

Second...Never assume anything.  Maybe the person is sending the flowers just because it puts a smile on your face and not necessarily for romantic reasons.  Just knowing he or "she" made you smile is gratification enough without being thanked in person, making more sense to stay anonymous.

Third...Men take women to dinner, to the movies, etc., before knowing if it's a likely match; so what's the difference if he or she spends the money on flowers before knowing for sure.  Maybe he or she just wants to see the reaction of the recipient to know if he or she wants to pursue the situation further.

Ok, would I want to know who they're from?  You bet!  If there is a possibility that the person sending the flowers is the person I'm looking for...I don't want to miss out by not knowing.

:teeth: :lmao: :wakawaka:

Great points, Twinklez!

Just because a woman receives flowers anonymously, doesn't mean they were from a man with romantic intentions. From what I see of Kamala on the board, she has a most winning way about her with a delightful personality and sunny outlook on life! Anyone would be wise to appreciate that and send her flowers in recognition! (I think the whole man/woman romantic thing is bred out of society's expectations/stereotypes of people. When you see a typical man/woman couple out to dinner, the immediate assumption is that they're a romantic couple. In reality, they could be relatives, friends, co-workers, etc.)

As well, who cares if someone spent money on flowers for you and the feeling isn't mutual? (Assuming it was based on romantic attraction in the first place!) Enjoy them! Just as it was his/her choice to send them, your reaction, whether positive or negative, is your choice too!

If the person is romantically inclined, I would think -- sooner than later -- he/she would obviously make his/her interest known. Or else what was the point to it all?

While I'm in *agreement mode*, I'd also have to agree with Neptuner here as well . . .

The poor (potential) romantically-inclined guy! :( I'd imagine it would be rather awkward to step forward now after all this hullabaloo if he's from the board!

Regardless, Kamala, do keep us posted! :wakawaka:

#54 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

From the tremendous positive reaction we've seen here, I'm sure that the guy (I'm assuming it's a guy) who sent them is probably kicking himself for not getting the "credit." Then again, maybe he has come forth to Kamala, and she's keeping a secret.

Rick
:teeth:

You can hear ’em on the coconut telegraph (telegraph)
Can’t keep nothin’ under their hat
You can hear ’em on the coconut telegraph (telegraph)
Sayin’ who did dis and dat
Dis and dat, dis and dat

--Jimmy Buffett

#55 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

And how do the guys feel about sending flowers TOTALLY anonymously??? Aren't you worried we'll think they came from someone else???? :teeth:

I wouldn't do it. Personally, I think any guy who would do this does not have confidence in themselves and, tell me if I have this wrong, ladies do not like men without confidence. Besides, I wouldn't want another guy taking or getting credit for it.
-Mitch-

#56 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:04 AM

Micheal, having seen you work your magic with the ladies, I am tempted to put odds on that it was you who sent the flowers! However, I doubt you would send them anonymously, you would deliver them yourself ... all the way from Colorado!!! :lmao:
-Mitch-

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:23 AM

From what I see of Kamala on the board, she has a most winning way about her with a delightful personality and sunny outlook on life! Anyone would be wise to appreciate that and send her flowers in recognition!

Girl...you just made my day!!! :teeth:

Just because a woman receives flowers anonymously, doesn't mean they were from a man with romantic intentions.

I have on several occassions rec'd flowers anonymously that were not intended to be romantic...they were intended to make me think that someone(s) liked me and help me feel good about myself in one instance and in the other...just to acknowledge that the sender thought I should have flowers to cheer up my day.

In both instances I was so moved by the gesture that I think those flowers meant more to me than most of the romantically inclinded flowers that had been sent to me in the past.

As for flowers from senders sent with clues or a name...the most moving I've recieved were those that said....'you made me smile today' or 'I know things have been busy/difficult/rough for you lately...just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you' or some other similar sentiment.

Receiving flowers is a powerful experience....heightened by either the mystery of not knowing who sent them or the simplicity of the reason for sending them. They are a gesture that require planning...effort and thought...all very sexy attributes to women (and men I'm sure) in today's hectic, last minute, no planning world we live in. Very wise men understand this and have had great lasting impact on a woman by such thoughtful gestures.

As for my secret admirer...I've started to receive clues so hopefully I'll know soon who it is. :wakawaka: And for all of those not so secret admirers who have contacted me saying they'd wish they sent the flowers...you are just as wonderful...and do keep in mind that there are 52 weeks in a year...I don't have to get them all on July 12th! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#58 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

Dear Miss Twinklez, Miss annasea and Miss Wreck Wench,

Thank you ladies... your kind words and simple, yet powerful summaries have enlightened me even further. This is another one of the wonderful reasons that I adore women... they actually LIKE to share their thoughts and feelings... a quality that many of my Neanderthal brethren have not perfected (present SD.com gang excepted of course). It's also another reason I love SD.com!

Micheal, having seen you work your magic with the ladies, I am tempted to put odds on that it was you who sent the flowers! However, I doubt you would send them anonymously, you would deliver them yourself ... all the way from Colorado!!!

Mitch, my southern brother... I appreciate your sentiments (and you're right, I would hand deliver), but it is not I who possesses the magic, it is the ladies themselves. Remember bro', each women is a mysterious treasure in every fascinating aspect of the word... the secret to unlocking their treasure lies not in frantically searching for the key, but in joyfully basking in the brilliant lustre of the ornate chest which contains it, until one day they eagerly open the chest for you and graciously share the riches within.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#59 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:37 AM

All very good points, Annasea. You are well-versed on this subject as with so many others in matters of the heart! We shouldn't be surprised if someone sent Kamala flowers "just because"! In any event, no reason to think that Kamala's secret "admirer" would have "come out" on the board whether there was any "hullabaloo" or not. I think the intended audience was really only Kamala anyway, and it only really comes down to what she thinks that should matter to this person.

So Kamala, you deserve some sunshine! And since it can be just to bring a smile to your face, here's one from one of your SD'ers: :flower:

Enjoy and applause to the admirer(s)...sounds as though he/she is in process of revealing him/herself.

#60 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:28 AM

Since I rarely get flowers, I love to get them no matter what. Though I am extremely curious and would go crazy trying to figure out who sent them. So I"m in the I would want to know category.

Once when I was in college I got a huge vase of flowers and I had to walk all the way across campus to get them. That meant I had to walk all the way back with them and people were talking. Well, they were from my parents, but when people asked, I said I didn't know. That got them talking even more!

Sometimes mystery is a good thing. My friends say I'm too curious and that I should just let some things be. I've been getting better at it, but I still over analyze everything... and that's another thread.

Blacktar
- where is that French quote from? It sounds so familiar... I was a French major in college and read a lot of books...

:flower:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users