• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flowers...from secret admirers...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:51 AM

Getting flowers is always nice.  Although, I am such a curious person, that it would kill me to not know who they are from... :birthday:

Ok one for the 'I wish I knew who sent them' category...

and we have one or two from the 'just enjoy them' category...

any other thoughts from the gals?

I would definitely want to know. I am waaaaay too nosey a person. :(

#32 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:18 AM

It's always intriguing at first, but I would eventually want to know. It would be hard to start a relationship without knowing who the other person is! I'd hate for the "wrong person" to spend so much time, effort, and money and get his hopes up if it's not a likely match. The admirer should eventually reveal him/herself if the admiration will ever have a chance of being anything more. If he/she does not, then that could be crossing into the stalking realm.....

Of course, I should caveat what I say here in that I am presuming the recipient is single. Otherwise, there may eventually be trouble in paradise dependng on how insecure the recipient's S.O. is. :(

#33 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

I've sent flowers semi-anonymously twice. Both times the note had clues as to my identity. While the flowers were appreciated by both women, neither ever went out with me.

I tried another tactic years ago. Instead of "flowers" I sent a small bag of "flour." That woman almost married me (she eventually got cold feet, then wanted to get back together but I was heading off into the sunset in my camper).

Another time I sent a "ransom" note (you know, the kind put together with words cut out of newspapers and magazines). I threatened to "kidnap" her and take her on a picnic to the backside of the island. I requested a $5 "ransom" from her sister to get her back.

We had always hit it off and were very friendly before that so I thought she was interested. After she received the note, she called the police who came and talked to me. I asked them if they really thought the note was serious. Apparently she did. No sense of humor.

#34 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:54 AM

After she received the note, she called the police who came and talked to me. I asked them if they really thought the note was serious. Apparently she did. No sense of humor.

Your efforts were so creative! I can't believe she called the police, especially since she knew you and you threatened to take her on a picnic....and the ransom was only $5! Perhaps she didn't like picnics or was insulted by the low ransom??? :(

#35 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:57 AM

Another time I sent a "ransom" note (you know, the kind put together with words cut out of newspapers and magazines). I threatened to "kidnap" her and take her on a picnic to the backside of the island. I requested a $5 "ransom" from her sister to get her back.

We had always hit it off and were very friendly before that so I thought she was interested. After she received the note, she called the police who came and talked to me. I asked them if they really thought the note was serious. Apparently she did. No sense of humor.

drbill, you have such interesting adventures with your women.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#36 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

I sent a bouquet to a girl I was dating years ago. I typed up a card out that said: From your secret admirer. My plan was to give her a box of chocolate when she got home with a card saying "also from your secret admirer." Instead - She thanked me as soon as she got home, and pointed out that I was the only person she knew that could misspell Admirer on a floral card. :(
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#37 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

And how do the guys feel about sending flowers TOTALLY anonymously??? Aren't you worried we'll think they came from someone else???? :thankyou:

I personally wouldn't do that. I'm pretty up-front about my feelings. There was a gal in our office when I worked at the bank who often bought herself flowers. Something about a women having to buy herself flowers that kinda made me feel a bit sorry for her because she was such a doll to work with and she had nobody in her life to buy her flowers.

So, sometimes they gave away flowers in the lobby on various occasions, I would pass them on to her, in person. I always joked with her not to get any ideas, doesn't mean we're engaged or anything.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#38 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

That's it drbill, I'm definitely coming out there to hang out with you... your creativity is truly inspiring. As for the woman calling the cops, I hope she ends up marrying a beer-guzzling couch potato!

Personally, I can't imagine anyone sending flowers completely anonymously... at least not for a very long time. You may leave her guessing for a few hours... maybe a day, but no longer than that... otherwise, what's the point?

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#39 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

She ... pointed out that I was the only person she knew that could misspell Admirer on a floral card. :thankyou:

:thankyou:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#40 blacktar

blacktar

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWSI, Normoxic Trimix, full cave
  • Logged Dives:700

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

I have sent anonymous roses to one of the chicks I dated. The message on the card was: Dans le veritable amour c'est l'ame, qui enveloppe le corps. She suspected it was me, but I didn't let on for about six months.
BLACKTAR
"The edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson

#41 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

I have sent anonymous roses to one of the chicks I dated. The message on the card was: Dans le veritable amour c'est l'ame, qui enveloppe le corps. She suspected it was me, but I didn't let on for about six months.

Jesus, if I sent a note like that to my girlfriend, she'd call Homeland Security.
I'd probably end up in Guantanamo.!!!

:lmao:
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#42 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:56 PM

If you really want to know, call the florist back and insist on knowing.

As far as I know, they are not allowed to share that information.

Which end is up?

#43 austinbrunette

austinbrunette

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:OW - just received my certification!
  • Logged Dives:5

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

I think that receiving flowers annonomously would be quite romantic....but eventually, I'd like to know who sent them so I could thank them "in person"!

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:16 PM

I think that receiving flowers annonomously would be quite romantic....but eventually, I'd like to know who sent them so I could thank them "in person"!

Yep... I think I'm in this camp too! However a hint or two about now would be 'just right'!!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#45 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:08 PM

I think we should start a betting pool on who sent flowers to WW... kind of a hidden bid sort of thing. :teeth:

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users