• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Single Divers.com

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:41 AM

I should add a proviso with my post.... it's pretty hard to meet ppl from SD when you're the only one in the country, possibly hemisphere.....
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#17 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:15 AM

I should add a proviso with my post.... it's pretty hard to meet ppl from SD when you're the only one in the country, possibly hemisphere.....

Sounds like we need to do some recruiting in distant lands. Oh what fun that could be!

Or...you could always come visit us here. There's only one of you, and LOTS of us! :helpsmily:

#18 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

Fortunately, I met my sweetie before Al Gore invented the internet. I did it the old fashioned way, many years ago, I saw her in Physics class at The University of Florida, in her short white shorts and halter top. Then I worked up the courage to introduce myself. 2 years or so later, she picked me up at a dorm party. I guess she noticed, too.

I do have to say that we saw each other in several EE classes during that time, and once in a great while, we studied together. So, we had become friends long before anything romantic started between us. Not that I wasn't interested, I just didn't know that she was. I was just too stupid to figure it out.

People, it is luck and pheromones that gets us together. It takes hard work and love to keep us there.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#19 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

Nope, but not surprised...
Same thing happens in "Real Life"..
the Ghost... heheh...

Greg,
He actually reminds me of Kevin Costner... when he's cleaned up and all.. LOL...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#20 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

"hooked up" - no.

Met a variety of the human spectrum - YES.

Ms. Right hopefully for ever this time is still out there - I just haven't met her yet. Internet or no internet we'll have to see.

Edited by Trimix2dive, 21 July 2005 - 07:51 AM.

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

Greg aka BrinyBay is right...we are NOT a dating site and so don't want to promote ourselves as such. HOWEVER...I have been asked if we could have an add-on feature that members could do a member sort where you can look for dive buddies and dive dates. (So depending on how you set up your profile you could be searched for either or both!) Whoops...I digress...sorry!

But to FTP's point...when so many dynamic people with diving as a passion get together...a few sparks are bound to fly and some of them even lasting.

We have had one engagement on the site of two people who met at a regional event and their wedding is planned for Oct of this year!

We have at least one more engagement of one of our members from this site and hopefully she will be a member soon as they may be looking at our forthcoming "Couples Only" trip in 2006.

We have several relationships that have blossomed and some are seeing how they will weather the storm called 'relationships'.

Add to this that many of our members are quite a distance from one another since we are still small...long distance relationships make the concept of finding the 'right person' even more difficult.

BUT...some of you are doing it and some have done it and some have tried and decided to just be friends...sort of like we all started...friends!

So as long as we start as friends...grow as friends...and remain friends...we've succeeded in LIFE's greatest endeavor and SD has succeeded in its mission to bring single and married but buddlyess divers from all over the world together to dive the world with dedicated group trips and vacations especially for us!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#22 Warthog

Warthog

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox, & Night
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:48 AM

Fortunately, I met my sweetie before Al Gore invented the internet.  I did it the old fashioned way, many years ago, I saw her in Physics class at The University of Florida, in her short white shorts and halter top.  Then I worked up the courage to introduce myself.  2 years or so later, she picked me up at a dorm party.  I guess she noticed, too.

I do have to say that we saw each other in several EE classes during that time, and once in a great while, we studied together.  So, we had become friends long before anything romantic started between us.  Not that I wasn't interested, I just didn't know that she was.  I was just too stupid to figure it out.

People, it is luck and pheromones that gets us together.  It takes hard work and love to keep us there.

You had girls in your engineering classes?

I knew all the hot women at my school (Embry-Riddle), they both had boyfriends though :cool2:

#23 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

We have at least one more engagement of one of our members from this site and hopefully she will be a member soon as they may be looking at our forthcoming "Couples Only" trip in 2006.

Speaking of 2006 any chance we will get to see a preliminary calendar of possible trips??? Some of us like to schedule trips in advance and 2006 is less then 6 months away. I've heard talk of a New Years Bash in Cozy, is this just talk or is it gonna happen??? Plz don't give the usual line about I'm working on it I'm tired of hearing about that I want to see something.

#24 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

Speaking of 2006 any chance we will get to see a preliminary calendar of possible trips??? Some of us like to schedule trips in advance and 2006 is less then 6 months away. I've heard talk of a New Years Bash in Cozy, is this just talk or is it gonna happen??? Plz don't give the usual line about I'm working on it I'm tired of hearing about that I want to see something.

Chinacat,

There are some things in the works and I'm sure there will be a thread soon! Group headed to Cozumel tomorrow, so I'm sure there are last minute plans to address before departure-you know, like is the hotel still there after Emily rolled through! LOL

Keep the faith, we all await!!!!!!

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#25 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

First of all, I absolutely hate the phrase "hooking up." I had a long talk with my nephew David (17) and his friend Allison (18) last night about it. To me it connotes nothing more than a sexual connection with no emotional content. They distinguished it from "friends with benefits" (which I do understand and accept).

Hmm... come to think of it, "hooking up" isn't any different than what a lot of my friends did during the late 60's. I must admit that I was too shy to participate in the sexual revolution back then. Today I definitely prefer any sexual relationship begin with a good basis of friendship, and thus the idea of "friends with benefits" would be acceptable as well. A "dive buddy with benefits" would be fantabulous.

With that introduction, I have met someone via an Internet Scuba site. We began by noticing one another's posts and sending PM's about them or replies on the threads. Then we progressed to e-mail. She was attracted to me because of my writing, and my "Dive Dry" newspaper columns were a big part of that.

The funny thing is that we didn't really connect until we met in person a while ago. She was out with a group of divers that I joined during surface intervals (I was doing working dives so was solo). We only said a sentence or two to one another. When she returned home that night, there were a few postings and PM's and the sparks flew!

She's an avid diver (a must of course) and surprisingly she's neither Asian nor dark haired. I'm violating many of my "principles" in pursuing this. However, it feels "right" based on the communication.

Of course as the gentleman I am, I will not reveal this unfortunate lady's identity! Why, it might be you!

Dr. Bill

#26 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

Chinacat,

There are some things in the works and I'm sure there will be a thread soon! Group headed to Cozumel tomorrow, so I'm sure there are last minute plans to address before departure-you know, like is the hotel still there after Emily rolled through! LOL

Keep the faith, we all await!!!!!!

DBD

Hey a different way to say we are working on it. I know there are things in the works I want to see something. My two local dive shops have their 2006 schedules already posted. They may add or remove trips but at least they have something more then we are working on it or there are things in the works. It doesn't matter if I'm patient or not as it seems it will get posted when it gets posted and not any sooner.

#27 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

You had girls in your engineering classes?

I knew all the hot women at my school (Embry-Riddle), they both had boyfriends though :cool2:

Yes, there were girls in Engineering. I dated several. I hate to say it, but there were only about 3% in Engineering and I think the percentage is not much different today. It was interesting, there were those that wanted to be Engineers and were nearly straight A students (Donna is one of those.) and there were those that were barely C students. Not many, if any in between. The C students were there because they were looking for a man that could provide for them in the long run. Engineers usually do pretty well.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#28 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

Greg,
He actually reminds me of Kevin Costner... when he's cleaned up and all.. LOL...

Just call me "Dances with Wolf-eels", haha! Costner? I would have to speckle my face more. Kevin is very freckled w/o his make-up.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:43 AM

Hey a different way to say we are working on it. I know there are things in the works I want to see something. My two local dive shops have their 2006 schedules already posted. They may add or remove trips but at least they have something more then we are working on it or there are things in the works. It doesn't matter if I'm patient or not as it seems it will get posted when it gets posted and not any sooner.

Hey CC...the prelim calendar for next year is about ready to be posted. Still have some gaps...most of the trips slotted are from diver's input rec'd so far. I'll try to get it up today as we are definitely behind the power curve what with our growth spurt these past few months and efforts to address that.

Pricing is not ready to be published yet but some trips have been contracted for and will be ready to be published as soon as I can break away from my day job long enough to do it! I'll note the firm trips and dates in the prelim calendar we publish. And you'll see lots of holes still so perhaps you can help us fill those in!
-ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

Sounds like we need to do some recruiting in distant lands. Oh what fun that could be!

Or...you could always come visit us here. There's only one of you, and LOTS of us! :fish2:

Hey, you're not THAT far from Hawaii...but wait, you have the better diving, guess we should all come visit you!
"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users