• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The difference between male/female sexual desire

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (drdiver @ Jul 29 2005, 08:57 AM)

See Drbill, the tides of social change are all working in your favor. You will soon be swept up in a veritable grunion spawning of available females, I know it!

It is strange DrDiver... when I am single, I rarely get approached (and am a bit shy about approaching). When I am with someone, the ladies seem to come out of the woodwork. Must be something I give off (increased pheromone levels???). Of course I don't think this is unique to me, other men have commented on it too.

I think this is biology in action--if one female thinks you are a good mate, then the other females think so too and want to get in on the action! The reverse works as well I think.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#17 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (drdiver @ Jul 29 2005, 08:57 AM)

See Drbill, the tides of social change are all working in your favor. You will soon be swept up in a veritable grunion spawning of available females, I know it!

It is strange DrDiver... when I am single, I rarely get approached (and am a bit shy about approaching). When I am with someone, the ladies seem to come out of the woodwork. Must be something I give off (increased pheromone levels???). Of course I don't think this is unique to me, other men have commented on it too.

I think this is biology in action--if one female thinks you are a good mate, then the other females think so too and want to get in on the action! The reverse works as well I think.

So why do things like this happen? Today at the gym, I was talking to the massage therapist. He's a guy about my age. We went to the same high school and he graduated a year behind me. We've talked for months, so it's not like he's a stranger. So today he asked me what was up and I told him about the trip next week with the single divers. He was really surprised that I was single! He says to me "I thought you were married!! Come on over here" and he starts to get really close to me. So I ask him if he is single and he says no. :o So I say to him, "Why do you care if I'm single if you're married?" and he says "Hey, I can fool around." And I'm like "Not with me you're not." So what's the deal with that?

#18 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:15 PM

So I say to him, "Why do you care if I'm single if you're married?" and he says "Hey, I can fool around." And I'm like "Not with me you're not." So what's the deal with that?

Well, that is what we call "CHEATING"..... Not a friend and not a benefit...(well, I guess he might think there is). Not an open marriage either since he called it fooling around.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#19 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

So I say to him, "Why do you care if I'm single if you're married?" and he says "Hey, I can fool around." And I'm like "Not with me you're not." So what's the deal with that?

Well, that is what we call "CHEATING"..... Not a friend and not a benefit...(well, I guess he might think there is). Not an open marriage either since he called it fooling around.

Oh, so the whole idea of viewing a male who has a mate more desirable doesn't apply in reverse? :o

#20 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

Oh, so the whole idea of viewing a male who has a mate more desirable doesn't apply in reverse?

Nah, I don't think so. I think a woman with a man may often be viewed as more desirable than a single woman.

#21 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:38 PM

See Drbill, the tides of social change are all working in your favor.  You will soon be swept up in a veritable grunion spawning of available females, I know it!

I think we just addressed this same thing in one of our more "intense" threads. In short, men involved in a good relationship exhibit confidence, and confidence is one of the things women are attracted to. :-)

#22 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:27 PM

See Drbill, the tides of social change are all working in your favor.  You will soon be swept up in a veritable grunion spawning of available females, I know it!

This is why I like to take some girls out who are JUST friends when I want to meet someone...It is always easier to get attention from a gal when they see you with other women. I guess they think that you're obviously not a total jerk or perv if you have other women hanging around and on you!
A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

#23 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

I think we just addressed this same thing in one of our more "intense" threads. In short, men involved in a good relationship exhibit confidence, and confidence is one of the things women are attracted to. :-)

Well, I've never been accused of not appearing confident. I am comfortable in my skin and enjoy people. Apparently I exude a certain level of competence and confidence (but not arrogance I hope) whether I am with a woman or not.

Right now I'm pleased to say that I am "with" a woman that I haven't even had a date with yet. Go figure that one out.

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:15 AM

This is why I like to take some girls out who are JUST friends when I want to meet someone...It is always easier to get attention from a gal when they see you with other women. I guess they think that you're obviously not a total jerk or perv if you have other women hanging around and on you!

I often have women with me when I'm out (my dive buddies for example). However we are apparently "warm" enough with one another that we seem to be paired up and other women don't approach me. I think it is a good strategy to employ, though- fun even if you don't attract another woman's attention!

#25 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:00 AM

I think we just addressed this same thing in one of our more "intense" threads.  In short, men involved in a good relationship exhibit confidence, and confidence is one of the things women are attracted to.  :-)

Well, I've never been accused of not appearing confident. I am comfortable in my skin and enjoy people. Apparently I exude a certain level of competence and confidence (but not arrogance I hope) whether I am with a woman or not.

Right now I'm pleased to say that I am "with" a woman that I haven't even had a date with yet. Go figure that one out.

There are men (and women) who are constantly watching to see who is watching them. It doesn't take them long at all to notice when someone is interested; they're doing everything they can to attract attention.

There are also men (and women) who are just happy as they can be just being themselves. It seems to me that these are the ones you have to practically hit over the head if you're interested, because they are so pleased with themselves they don't have a need to have the radar on all the time. It doesn't mean that the latter doesn't get noticed, or isn't desired; quite the contrary. They probably are noticed twice as much; they just don't realize they are being noticed. Personal preference....I'll take the latter.

DrBill, could this be you? You are accomplished, friendly, confident, intelligent, courteous, and the list goes on... Could you be the man who is simply so comfortable and happy with who you are that you don't find a need to constantly look to see if you're being looked at? :2cool:

Twinklez

Edited by Twinklez, 30 July 2005 - 02:03 AM.

#26 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

Twinklez- I guess I've just never used a "radar detector" (heck my car can't go over the speed limit anyway) and when I'm out at the dive park I'm absorbed in all the fun I'm having below water and topside. Heading down there in a few minutes. See you at the boat terminal tomorrow!

#27 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

My radar detector is on the fritz....
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#28 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

There are also men (and women) who are just happy as they can be just being themselves.  It seems to me that these are the ones you have to practically hit over the head if you're interested, because they are so pleased with themselves they don't have a need to have the radar on all the time.  It doesn't mean that the latter doesn't get noticed, or isn't desired; quite the contrary.  They probably are noticed twice as much; they just don't realize they are being noticed. 

:lmao: So that's why I'm single! :P

#29 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

Twinklez- I guess I've just never used a "radar detector" (heck my car can't go over the speed limit anyway) and when I'm out at the dive park I'm absorbed in all the fun I'm having below water and topside. Heading down there in a few minutes. See you at the boat terminal tomorrow!

Hey I've gone through the full spectrum: looking to see if I'm noticed, doing anything I can to get noticed, purposely "dressing down" so that I'm NOT noticed, and running like h3ll if I am noticed. I'd like to think my radar is off, or at least on it's most minimal setting. Or, better yet, just tuned to a different channel than it has been in the past. I think that's the ticket...really. They say we tend to choose the same type of people over and over again. Not quite sure who "they" are, but I've heard that multiple times. So I'm taking a completely different approach when meeting people. Instead of meeting and evaluating the potential for a romantic relationship, I meet and evaluate the potential for a great friendship. I think that by doing this I may eventually meet the type of person who could one day be my best friend AND lover. If that's not the case, no problem; I've will have gained some wonderful new friends. :lmao:

DrBill, I am really excited about tomorrow. And, this a perfect example of being tuned to a completely different channel. I'm gaining a great new friend and will be experiencing things I've never experienced before. Priceless!

Twinklez

#30 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

Twinklez- I guess I've just never used a "radar detector"

I'm not constantly looking or all that concerned with finding someone, but I believe my radar is on. The only thing is, it seems to be the old "Z" band and it doesn't seem to be picking much up in these new times. Or is it my age, that I can't hear going off?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users