• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 SPOT LEFT!...2006: Sea Cortez & Socorro & Revillagigedo Islands

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#226 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

20 days and counting!!!!!!! :clapping:

Yep, me 222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#227 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

20 days and counting!!!!!!! :usflag:

HEY I GET TO COME!!!!!!! We will all be well hydrated on this trip - drinking lots of Diversitea! I have been waiting for something to resolve in my scheduling, and it has, so I am booking my airfare (reserved last night) today! I will be in the 2nd dorm bunk, and am happy to be there! It will be a little crazy coming right after DEMA, as I do a lot of shipping then, but this trip was very unusual, and one of my Diving Dreams - so along with Wreck Wench, I wil be diving dry, and doing the Manta Ballet......

OH! And it's also my 50th post - how apropos! On a roll indeed!

Edited by Diversitea, 03 November 2006 - 12:11 PM.

Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#228 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:28 AM

20 days and counting!!!!!!! :)

HEY I GET TO COME!!!!!!! We will all be well hydrated on this trip - drinking lots of Diversitea! I have been waiting for something to resolve in my scheduling, and it has, so I am booking my airfare (reserved last night) today! I will be in the 2nd dorm bunk, and am happy to be there! It will be a little crazy coming right after DEMA, as I do a lot of shipping then, but this trip was very unusual, and one of my Diving Dreams - so along with Wreck Wench, I wil be diving dry, and doing the Manta Ballet......

OH! And it's also my 50th post - how apropos! On a roll indeed!

Hi, any other special events or anniversaries on this trip. We have had some interesting ones in the past, someone's 100 dive with celebrated and taped with a stick and two beer cans showing only the bottoms illustrating 100. The WW's 900th was taped, well, you would have to see it. Cannot you say, it was taped by the Orcaman and on the trip video. I am hoping the will be many personal events to make this one of the best trips and trip videos yet, although the Fiji one was pretty good.
C U at DEMA
The Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#229 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:15 AM

I think we have a birthday or two....come on gang...fess up!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#230 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:20 AM

I think we have a birthday or two....come on gang...fess up!

Yep, good , had dinner with Que and annasea last night at our Friday night SF gang dinner,
Had a lot of fun,

SO Everyone Fess UP!!!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

#231 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

Forms Update:

1. Henry aka ScubaHawk - Waiver ONLY
2. Liz aka Liz - Waiver & Survey
3. Bill aka GrayFins - Survey ONLY
4. Terrie aka TaraTerrie - Survey & Waiver
5. Joni aka critterwatcher - Waiver

:) all for getting your forms in! Please get them in as soon as possible as we'll have one more for the boat shortly.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#232 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:21 AM

Availability Update:

Were you bummed when you found out that there were no StateRooms left? Well bum no more...we NOW have 1 stateroom for a lucky diver!

Let me know asap if you want it!

formerly...

#233 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:24 AM

I'm putting my birthday on hold for a week, so I can celebrate it on the trip. So that means I'll be . . . uh, what I always do.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#234 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'm putting my birthday on hold for a week, so I can celebrate it on the trip. So that means I'll be . . . uh, what I always do.

:respect:

And we'll REALLY enjoy wishing YOU a Happy Birthday with all the belated spankings you can handle!

formerly...

#235 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Here is what the recent diving press says about this trip: (reprinted with full permission.)

Another unique diving opportunity on the Nautilus Explorer

It is very rare to dive legendary Socorro Island and world famous Sea of Cortez on the same trip. We are pleased to announce limited availability on 2 such trips later this fall. Boarding November 6, 2006 for a 12 night adventure and November 20th for an 11 night adventure.

This is the perfect charter for those who want to snorkel with whalesharks and dive with California sealions, turtles and cormorants in the Sea of Cortez as well as the usual cast of giant manta rays, dolphins, at least 5 different kinds of sharks and the first visiting humpback whales of the season at Socorro (Revillagigedos). All of this plus the warmest water of the year (low 80's)!!!

A QUICK NOTE FROM CAPTAIN MIKE ON WHALESHARKS. We "batted" 100 percent on whaleshark encounters last season and successfully put our guests in the water with these magnificent animals on all 6 of our Sea of Cortez trips. Almost all of our divers were enormously pleased with their encounters and the photo opportunities were awesome with some guests spending more than an hour with a single animal. However, please note that the visibility at El Mogote is typically only 20 - 40 feet and "greenish" rather than the "blue, blue, blue" that the rest of this area is famous for. November and December gives the best chance of the year to see whalesharks in the incredible blue waters of the Revillagigedos but sightings are not as reliable out there.

NOTE: We have (1) VIP spot for a male or female that does not mind a male roommate and a stateroom berth for either a male or a female.

Ask about the boat's last minute booking special to fill out these last 2 spots...

formerly...

#236 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

And we'll REALLY enjoy wishing YOU a Happy Birthday with all the belated spankings you can handle!

You know it's not a requirement that I get beaten on these trips. . .
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
WHO DAT!!!!

#237 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

You know it's not a requirement that I get beaten on these trips. . .

WHAT??? :birthday:

That's like saying its not a requirement that you drink on trips either! Trust me...birthdays and beatings go hand in hand! :birthday:

formerly...

#238 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hawk

man if you cant take the spanking from the wench then you need some help, heck i survived birthday spankings, b eing tied up and other forms of abuse on my birthday at a dallas HH.

FWIW

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#239 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hawk

man if you cant take the spanking from the wench then you need some help, heck i survived birthday spankings, b eing tied up and other forms of abuse on my birthday at a dallas HH.

FWIW

Tooth

:respect: Birthdays have nothing to do with it - trust me! All I do is make an innocent little comment or observation and there's WW hitting me. If not her then every other female on the trip. :birthday:
WHO DAT!!!!

#240 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Hawk

FWIW

Tooth

:teeth: Birthdays have nothing to do with it - trust me! All I do is make an innocent little comment or observation and there's WW hitting me. If not her then every other female on the trip. :birthday:

In Quebec we don't spank people for there birthdays...we kiss them and we give them "la bascule"... I can explain to other members of the trip what it is and if you want to experience it...Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users