• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SingleDivers.com 1st Regional Dive Event -Athens

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#46 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:47 PM

As I am packing for Key Largo tomorrow ( I am so stoked!) the wekend of the 23rd of May sounds great. When I get bck I'll check my calendar at work to confirm but I promise if something drastic isn't taking place I'll be there for sure. It would be a great pre-lude to a summer trip. divergirl...If it'sgonna take five day from Canada you better get on the road!!!! I'll be flying in and Wreck Wench, r was it Wrench?, has offered to pick me and others up in Dallas to roll out. if that doesnt work or there are others who might fly in for a quick weekend I would be more than happy to get a car, van or whatever and get everyone out there.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#47 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:51 PM

Ohh ya...If Narwal decides to do a navigation class I would be up for that also. I've been wanering around in my yard with a bag over my head, my compass and a flashlight under and have nothing t show but rose bush pricks! :D
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#48 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:59 PM

Deb those dates sound good to me. i'll just be getting back from Vortex springs FL.
I can rest a few days and go meet Deb there with my tent and ice chest. I think narwal has picked a good place for a navigation course because it is just the right vis to get lost! I know it has happened to me a few times there :diver: which way is north ? where's the dock ? and so on :D mabye I need to sign-up in his course ? and if Zendiver can make it we can talk about puters and web sites and get a dive in ? or two ? but that wont happen because of all the mermaids around :anna: diving! Who knows right! sounds Fun!!

Mike
:twist:
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#49 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:06 PM

Hey Blublood
It will be nice meeting you there also. it sounds like we both need to take Narwals course :D Hitting that plane down there at 3 knots has left marks on me LoL

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#50 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:32 AM

As I am packing for Key Largo tomorrow ( I am so stoked!) the wekend of the 23rd of May sounds great. When I get bck I'll check my calendar at work to confirm but I promise if something drastic isn't taking place I'll be there for sure. It would be a great pre-lude to a summer trip. divergirl...If it'sgonna take five day from Canada you better get on the road!!!! I'll be flying in and Wreck Wench, r was it Wrench?, has offered to pick me and others up in Dallas to roll out. if that doesnt work or there are others who might fly in for a quick weekend I would be more than happy to get a car, van or whatever and get everyone out there.

Hey Gar,

Sounds great on the May deal at Athens and hey I know you'll have a blast on the FL trip, you'll have to give us the full details on the board when you get back.

Also, I need to know for the May weekend in Athens are you wanting to camp out or are you going to stay in a hotel?

Dejah

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:12 PM

Ohh ya...If Narwal decides to do a navigation class I would be up for that also. I've been wanering around in my yard with a bag over my head, my compass and a flashlight under and have nothing t show but rose bush pricks! :P

I think I can arrange for Narwhal to do the Nav class...he can also do a Search and Recovery option....maybe and a night dive certification if people are interested! Let me know and I'll get it arranged. I'll also get some pricing for you all as well. ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#52 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:08 PM

UPDATE!!! :dazzler:

Just wanted to let everyone know that for the Athen's weekend in May, we have Dock 11 reserved which has a private pavilion and is right near the Volleyball Courts and Pool for those who wish to play or relax outside of the lake, we'll also have a volleyball for those who wish to play.

For those unfamilar with Athen's Dock 11 is across the lake from Dock 1 which is right near the enterance and is very secluded and a great place to camp out.

Hope to see you there, as this will be a fun filled weekend.. :)

Edited by Dejah, 31 March 2004 - 01:12 PM.

#53 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:22 PM

That date looks good to me. So far so good anyway. As to camping that would be fun but I really don't wanna carry camping gear on the flight over so it's probably a hotel. let me know what most are up to.

#54 tekdiverx

tekdiverx

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Commercial / Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:7000+

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:11 PM

WW,

Let me know if the Nav/SAR class comes together and I'll hide the jet for them to find!!!!! :)

#55 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

As to camping that would be fun but I really don't wanna carry camping gear on the flight over so it's probably a hotel. let me know what most are up to.

Gar, I don't blame you on having to haul diving gear and camping gear on the plane, but if one of the guys has some extra room camping out we may be able to save you from staying at a hotel in town.

Also,

Everyone else coming out on Athen's weekend, please PM me and let me know what your plans are as far as camping or staying at a hotel so I can keep track of what everyone's doing.

Thanks!

#56 tankgirl

tankgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:45 AM

I would love to come to Athens, but unfortunately I am leaving on May 22nd to attend a 7 day Trust School at Pepperdine University in Malibu Beach, CA. I will
try to make the next one that is put together. :welcome:

#57 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:55 AM

I would love to come to Athens, but unfortunately I am leaving on May 22nd to attend a 7 day Trust School at Pepperdine University in Malibu Beach, CA. I will
try to make the next one that is put together. :o

Oh Bummer :welcome: We'll miss you out there Tankgirl.. but hope to see you on the next get together

Deb

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:18 AM

As to camping that would be fun but I really don't wanna carry camping gear on the flight over so it's probably a hotel. let me know what most are up to.

Gar, I don't blame you on having to haul diving gear and camping gear on the plane, but if one of the guys has some extra room camping out we may be able to save you from staying at a hotel in town.

Also,

Everyone else coming out on Athen's weekend, please PM me and let me know what your plans are as far as camping or staying at a hotel so I can keep track of what everyone's doing.

Thanks!

Hey I'm sure we'll have extra camping gear between us all. Either way it will be fun. Dejah...can you make a list of who has extra gear etc.? Does it sound like most people are camping? ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

try to make the next one that is put together. :welcome:

Good luck at your shindig...BUMMER you won't be able to join us!! There WILL be a next time!!! -ww

formerly...

#60 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:30 AM

Hey I'm sure we'll have extra camping gear between us all. Either way it will be fun. Dejah...can you make a list of who has extra gear etc.? Does it sound like most people are camping? ww

I've already started a list on who's coming etc, I have some extra gear as I've been gathering things along the way myself so no worries, Gar will be well taken care of. Also, so far all are camping out, so it will be a fun weekend..

Dejah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users