• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I've been using the online dating sites...

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:05 AM

I tried one, once. I filled out all the questionnaires and got back a reply that sad:
"Sorry but in a small percentage of cases etc. . . ." Basically -- we wouldn't want to match any of our members with you. Now my goal is to be the first lifetime member of SD :wakawaka:

P.S. Hah - it's their loss! :wakawaka:

We love you Hawk! And remember, SD does not require you to be single, only in need of a dive buddy! Which means you can still find the love of your life AND be the first lifetime member of SD! :wakawaka:

#17 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:13 AM

I tried one, once. I filled out all the questionnaires and got back a reply that sad:
"Sorry but in a small percentage of cases etc. . . ." Basically -- we wouldn't want to match any of our members with you. Now my goal is to be the first lifetime member of SD  :lmao:

P.S.  Hah - it's their loss!  :P

We love you Hawk! And remember, SD does not require you to be single, only in need of a dive buddy! Which means you can still find the love of your life AND be the first lifetime member of SD! :o

:)
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:18 AM

"Sorry but in a small percentage of cases etc. . . ." Basically -- we wouldn't want to match any of our members with you. Now my goal is to be the first lifetime member of SD  :)

P.S.  Hah - it's their loss!  :P

We love you Hawk! And remember, SD does not require you to be single, only in need of a dive buddy! Which means you can still find the love of your life AND be the first lifetime member of SD! :lmao:

Actually the best part of Hawk becoming the first SD lifetime member is then I'll have someone to keep me company! :o

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:12 AM

Actually the best part of Hawk becoming the first SD lifetime member is then I'll have someone to keep me company! :)

I now have this visual of you and Hawk sitting on rockers on a porch somewhere in years to come...

" 'member that time..?"

"Yep...we were Narced to the gills!"

..and then you two just keep rocking and taking hits off your Nitrox tanks, nodding and smiling into space....

Platypusman
..scouting out the next HH site as you read this.

#20 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:36 AM

Getting this thread back to the original topic:

Many folks, including myself, have tried online dating services. If you are adament about meeting a diver, you can:
1)Go with Briny's suggestion and find a local dive club (Scubadillos and Diving Rebels in the DFW metroplex for example)

2)Surf other message boards if your not already a part of them and see what happens

3)While this is not a dating sight, becoming active here, attending a local HH, meeting with others to dive, etc, you just never know as it has worked for a few members of this community.

Just my 2 psi-hope it helps

Best of luck to you!!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#21 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:10 AM

I don't know how you guys can do on-line dating sites!! How do you filter out all the creeps!?? I've seen enough in my time, that I decided NOT to go anywhere near dating sites. eek!
Sempar Partus!!

#22 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

I don't know how you guys can do on-line dating sites!! How do you filter out all the creeps!??

apparently some of the sites filter out the creeps for you (see my previous post) :P
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
WHO DAT!!!!

#23 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

I've been using several of the online dating sites and my biggest complaint is that so many non-divers seem to reply to my profile. They don't even lie and say they are interested in diving. :P

Does anyone have any helpful ideas on using them more effectively or what to avoid? How about profile ideas? What kind of profile works better? And does anyone ever really read them?

All potential date applicants must provide "C" card before 1st date can occur.

Problem solved.

#24 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:27 AM

All potential date applicants must provide "C" card before 1st date can occur.

Problem solved.

:birthday: Good answer! :P
WHO DAT!!!!

#25 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

Besides the C-card any guys dating scuba cutie or any of our other fine ladies should provide their latest 1040 to prove they can afford to take them diving in a manner they would like to become a customed to. :P :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#26 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

On a more thread related note, as many on this site already know, I used an online dating site with very good success. Almost 8 months later and still counting... Mind you, he doesn't dive but is serious about wanting to and is busy enough that he doesn't care if I go off and dive on my own... :P

#27 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:57 AM

and is busy enough that he doesn't care if I go off and dive on my own... :birthday:

could be that he would want you to go even if he wasn't busy because he knows how much you enjoy it.... Sounds like you may be one of the 'success' stories. :P

#28 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

On a more thread related note, as many on this site already know, I used an online dating site with very good success. Almost 8 months later and still counting... Mind you, he doesn't dive but is serious about wanting to and is busy enough that he doesn't care if I go off and dive on my own... :P

Women in general seem to have much better success with the online dating sites. In part because the guys vastly outnumber the women.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#29 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

I don't know how you guys can do on-line dating sites!! How do you filter out all the creeps!?? I've seen enough in my time, that I decided NOT to go anywhere near dating sites. eek!

I'm curious, what is your definition of a "creep"?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

I find that putting in my profile TITLE, & FIRST SENTENCE THAT THEY CAN READ without opening up your profile and then in several places in the body of the profile how strong my love for diving is and how important it is that I find a diver helps to reduce the number of non-compatible suitors.

So far I have a number of men who can't read at all...several that havent' dove in years and several interested in getting certified! :lmao:

Hm...Oh Narwhal where are you? Looks like I'll be keeping you and our other DFW area instructors busy! :birthday:

And yes...maybe a real possibility or two...but the other key to making any relationship work including an online one is that you need to be available. Working 2 full times jobs does not leave me much time to be available...and when I am available... I only want to go diving with you all! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users