• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How often do you date?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#91 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:32 PM

And we've got all of them right here!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#92 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:39 PM

Men are attracted to strong women (throw back to caveman days perhaps) however they don't know what to do with them when they find them.

Make 'em bench press me a few times before bed... :cool2:

#93 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

CT...how much do you weigh so we can start training?

#94 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

And we've got all of them right here!

Thought I'd jump in here. Thanks SH! - And we haven't even met in person yet!! :cool2:

Have found that most of the women out here in So Cal (minus Sapphire, Wrinkles and others) don't have a whole lot of "depth". If the men are only interested in one thing (as I read here earlier in the thread), there are also a great number of ladies that are ALSO interested in just one thing (no, not that) - that is, what I HAVE versus who I AM. I'm a very generous guy and I do well, but that DOES NOT define who I am.

These are just some of my opinions and impressions. They may be wrong, but at least they are all mine!

Scott
Dive Scoop

#95 AndrewJD

AndrewJD

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, DIR-F
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

I haven't been on a date in some time. A friend of mine who had broken up with a long term boyfriend and I had almost got to the point of "seeing each other" around February, but unfortunately she's off fighting the war now. By the time she gets back I'll be moving so I don't think the prospects are good there.

The girls that I do like I usually know or know my friends. I did ask one girl out a couple of weeks ago (she works with my roomate's friends, but I didn't know her) but it turns out she's dating my neighbor. Oops. Didn't do my research there.

I have to agree about the local girls. They tend to be shallow.

Jonathan

#96 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

okay...changed my mind on dating. :lol: now i'm just going to swear off FOREVER! okay...just for a little while...:cool2:...hmmm...okay maybe just a few days off.

i think i've got to be the first sd.com casualty. this guy, who i've been seeing for long enough, told me to leave and never speak to him again. why? he let his friends (who've spent a whole 3 hours in my presence) convince him that i was materialistic and a predator when he told him that i was with my AOW class last night and that's why i didn't meet them at the bar. malfunctioning phone (on my part) and four increasingly irate voicemails later (from him), he decided it was over because he didn't believe me when i told him that i was on the board until about 2 a.m. last night and accused me of unsavory things. in otherwords, i can take my board and my "so-called divers" and get out of his life completely. hah! now i really know that i'm only going to date DM's or DIR-F trained men from now on!

okay...on topic: i used to go out on 5-6 dates a week, but now i'm down to 0!

#97 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:24 PM

Chie...WHAT!!!!! You don't need this guy! You're too GOOD for him.....gheesh!! I bet his 'friends' were jealous so they told him lies so he would spend more time with them....and I thought we were out of high school????
Sempar Partus!!

#98 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:44 PM

Let's see Mischievous.. I can use FF miles to hop on down to DFW, go out on a date with you, then ..... uh oh. What happens then? I might have to think about this a bit more.

Sounds like the guy had issues. If you think that was bad, I has an internet initiated relationship with a woman in Sydney, Australia for almost two years. Numerous attempts to get her to Colorado never worked. Finally I flew there unannounced (so as to surprise her). Found a flower shop near her work...bought roses and a big teddy bear and walked to her address and phoned her.

What happened next will follow in a later post once I get home. Folks can offer opinions on what happened in the next hour.

#99 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:59 PM

My ex tried to tell ME something about football (not that I know everything or even pretend to know everythign about football..that's not the point here) last season.....I am the one who taught him how the game is played!!!!!

That is always an amusing thing for me, too. I played football in college and semi-pro after college up until I was 38. I know a couple things about the way the game is played, and I always just crack up when I sit with a bunch of (usually) guys who are loud and obnoxious and yelling at the TV when it is so obvious to me that they have no idea what they're talking about.

Now, a woman who can talk about the significance of the timing and spacial relation of the 'passing tree' will get my attention any time!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#100 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:03 PM

okay...changed my mind on dating. :taz: now i'm just going to swear off FOREVER! okay...just for a little while...:o...hmmm...okay maybe just a few days off.

i think i've got to be the first sd.com casualty. this guy, who i've been seeing for long enough, told me to leave and never speak to him again. why? he let his friends (who've spent a whole 3 hours in my presence) convince him that i was materialistic and a predator when he told him that i was with my AOW class last night and that's why i didn't meet them at the bar. malfunctioning phone (on my part) and four increasingly irate voicemails later (from him), he decided it was over because he didn't believe me when i told him that i was on the board until about 2 a.m. last night and accused me of unsavory things. in otherwords, i can take my board and my "so-called divers" and get out of his life completely. hah! now i really know that i'm only going to date DM's or DIR-F trained men from now on!

okay...on topic: i used to go out on 5-6 dates a week, but now i'm down to 0!

Good for you. Best advice my grandmother ever game me (and she was a wise woman): No one treats you worse than you let them. Sounds to me like this guy was one big walking Issue with a capital "I".

BTW, glad I'm in the divemaster program!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#101 bigblueplanet

bigblueplanet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

Let's face it, dating in the traditional sense sucks. I suppose there are social butterflies out there that love meeting all the new people. Dating as sport I call it. More power to them, but not my thing. But, I for one, am much more into getting to know people usually over a couple of different events. Then, when I feel there is a connection asking them to have dinner or a beer or a dive or whatever.

Traditional dating, um maybe once a month. I try to get out with a female at least once a week, even if it is just a close friend. I think it is important to stay social. It is like a muscle if not exercised regularly it will weaken and fade away. I have a tendency to isolate myself otherwise. When you are social for a living it can be easy to just not want to deal with people sometimes.

CT, I think you are right. I believe that women want a man that has real confidence in himself without being arrogant. We are all human, but I think if we have a life that we enjoy and are passionate about something, anything, it is attractive. I think the key is to make sure all of that stays there once someone like you.

I have sublimated my life for a few gals in my past and I can see how that would be unattractive. I mean they were attracted to the independent adventurous type I was, not a whippy, no spine, puss I became. But, I think we all have to play the fool for love at least once in our lives to realize that it is not real and benefits no one.

I think if each sex would just be themselves all the time that it would be easier. It is so much easier and less complicated that way. Also, keeping the friendship respect intact as well. That understanding that we give friends that can seem to go away when the heart strings are involved. Don't get that one either. Try to live that way myself.

Good thread. So many good threads on this site.

G2

#102 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:42 PM

'Chie- Whatever you do, DON'T date DIR-F trained men. In their book there's only one way to do things (probably missionary position).

Dr. B.

#103 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:49 PM

dr. B! of all the "bad things" i've heard about DIR-F, that's one's new to me! :welcome:

actually, i'm glad that this site has such a broad spectrum of certifying agencies...it makes it easier to be open-minded and not be swayed by others' opinions when i can say, "well i know so-and-so, and he/she's not like that at all!"

#104 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

lol, 'chie, sounds like you are better off without somebody that is THAT hung up on appearances!
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#105 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

'Chie- Whatever you do, DON'T date DIR-F trained men. In their book there's only one way to do things (probably missionary position).

Dr. B.

Wondering if I should resent this or not???

Don't worry Chie... Doing It Right doesn't mean we have forgotten how to be FUN, and the stuff about being horizontal only applies to being underwater. :wakawaka:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users