• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How often do you date?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#76 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:04 PM

Dating???? What's dating?? Gawd--been YEARS for me...... I'm always told I'm too short too fat too ugly or too stupid for anyone to want me. Guess I've heard it so much, I believe them!!! I would love to find someone to live the rest of my life with and it would be even better if they dived!! I won't sign up for those dating services, as I'm too afraid of the creeps I see on there!! (and believe I've seen some of my former co-irkers up there--yikes!) So I'll just wait, and wait, and then go diving and forget about the whole thing!!! I hope something changes soon for the better!!

I love the whole 'gentleman' thing, but sometimes you gotta let me take care of you!! Only fair right?? I would love to find someone who would except me for who I am and how I will probably look the rest of my life!! But around these here parts, that ain't gonna happen!! Doh!
Sempar Partus!!

#77 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:05 PM

let's see, dr. b! in high school i lusted after the guys on the JETS team (an engineering, building stuff, competition type organization) and some guys who played baseball. the guy that i fell for was a pole vaulter, engineering team hottie but he asked for commitment and children and i wasn't ready, so he married someone who was not his "moon goddess from the east". (in college, i drooled over the swimmers but they would only date other swimmers or athletes, so i was left SOL because i didn't learn to swim until last year (drowning incident as a kid). you probably would have meet my criteria...too bad i'm ten years too young for you and cannot be your "sugar-mama" at this time! :teeth:

i, for one, do not like weak men and do agree with CT. strength doesn't have to entail physical attributes. strength, today, can mean as little as standing up for yourself or not letting another person dictate your life because you feel that you "owe" them something. yes, intelligence is very important. however, so is that drive to be an independent man that can say, "no. you're not doing my manicure right and either redo it or i'll refuse to pay." j/k...but you get the point.

#78 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:16 PM

'Chie- I'm within 10 years? Lusted after engineers- very impressive!

I think the swimmers also tended to be more intelligent than the football, basketball and baseball player (but I may be biased).

Like the definition of strength. At one point I was disliked by a lot of people on Catalina because I spearheaded the effort to remove feral animals (pigs, goats) from the island. Got into a tiff when I stoofd firm in front of some board members who were attempting to change the policy behind the backs of the entire boar (contrary to our by-laws). I was fired. Many of the people who disliked me for the removal program ended up respectin my stand on my convictions and ethics.

Aren't I supposed to be editing the parrotfish from Belize? Guess I got distracted.

Dr. B.

#79 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:30 PM

I want to know, how often do you ladies date?

Not often enough, which is why I'm on this board!
:teeth:

PS I love your signature line....too funny!

Hey..I was just thinking I love yours too!!!

And I think we are all in the right place!!!!!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#80 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:36 PM

Dating???? What's dating?? Gawd--been YEARS for me...... I'm always told I'm too short too fat too ugly or too stupid for anyone to want me. Guess I've heard it so much, I believe them!!! I would love to find someone to live the rest of my life with and it would be even better if they dived!! I won't sign up for those dating services, as I'm too afraid of the creeps I see on there!! (and believe I've seen some of my former co-irkers up there--yikes!) So I'll just wait, and wait, and then go diving and forget about the whole thing!!! I hope something changes soon for the better!!

I love the whole 'gentleman' thing, but sometimes you gotta let me take care of you!! Only fair right?? I would love to find someone who would except me for who I am and how I will probably look the rest of my life!! But around these here parts, that ain't gonna happen!! Doh!

If you believe that, then you need someone that tells you the truth about yourself. The first person who does that should be YOU. Short---> You have no control over.
Fat---> eye of the beholder, Stupid---->H**l no!!!!

I am certain that you are a great person who has been passed over and you deserve the best. Tell yourself that, believe it, and you will find it to be true.

Not all men are creeps, I see several good ones on this board.

BTW, if I read anyone on this board call themselves stupid (except over one action or something like that), I will sic the dragons on them. :teeth: If you are here, you are intelligent to know a good thing when you see it :lol:

I have dated short, somewhat heavy women in the past and it bothers me not one iota until I see them flailing themselves over it. I'll take a short, heavy woman with some brains and morals over a model who thinks that she is God's gift to men and acts like the world revolves around her and her appearance.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#81 oatmeal769

oatmeal769

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor, Tec Trimix
  • Logged Dives:1000 +

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:24 PM

"How often do you date?"

As often as I can talk some poor girl into going out with me!
Jeff Schoonover
www.jetharness.com

#82 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:32 AM

I dated a guy for 3 years.. i was the cheerleader and he was the basketball player... (i was into the guys who played the sport thats season was going on at the time.. COMPLETELY KIDDING just making fun of the typical shallow cheerleader status IM NOT SHALLOW BTW) But anyway, when we broke up I tried the whole dating thing and the boys my age are only looking for one thing. The ones Ive met anyway don't even want to take you on a date anymore unless they are stalkers and they call you the night they met you and tell you they are positive that they think the relationship will last forever or some STUPID thing like that when they dont even know your last name. That is why I don't like boys.. be cause they are just that boys. Not to be bitter or stereotypical. But the boys IVE met are one of the two. So I dunno how I feel about dating currently but when the right guy comes along thats a gentleman and knows how to have a good time I will be like hell ya!! I've even wear my heels on that date haha. So all that to say, not currently dating.. havent found a good guy yet.. shifting through the trashy ones...
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#83 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:54 AM

Dating???? What's dating?? Gawd--been YEARS for me...... I'm always told I'm too short too fat too ugly or too stupid for anyone to want me. Guess I've heard it so much, I believe them!!!  I would love to find someone to live the rest of my life with and it would be even better if they dived!!  I won't sign up for those dating services, as I'm too afraid of the creeps I see on there!! (and believe I've seen some of my former co-irkers up there--yikes!) So I'll just wait, and wait, and then go diving and forget about the whole thing!!!  I hope something changes soon for the better!!

If you believe that, then you need someone that tells you the truth about yourself. The first person who does that should be YOU. Short---> You have no control over.

I am certain that you are a great person who has been passed over and you deserve the best. Tell yourself that, believe it, and you will find it to be true.

BTW, if I read anyone on this board call themselves stupid (except over one action or something like that), I will sic the dragons on them. :teeth: If you are here, you are intelligent to know a good thing when you see it :teeth:

I have dated short, somewhat heavy women in the past and it bothers me not one iota until I see them flailing themselves over it. I'll take a short, heavy woman with some brains and morals over a model who thinks that she is God's gift to men and acts like the world revolves around her and her appearance.

I agree Brian, with the exception of dating women.. I stick to men.. lol (ok bad j/k :P )

Don't ever let anyone put you down or talk to you that way Girl.. you deserve much better!! :respect: You are better than they are!

WG

#84 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:01 AM

How often to I date? I gave up the dating scene for awhile. Have way to much going on with family, full and part time jobs and of course dive trips! I'm a much happier person hanging out with friends and enjoying life :respect:

Stress free Pressure free!

WG

#85 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:37 AM

Dating???? What's dating?? Gawd--been YEARS for me...... I'm always told I'm too short too fat too ugly or too stupid for anyone to want me. Guess I've heard it so much, I believe them!!!  I would love to find someone to live the rest of my life with and it would be even better if they dived!!  I won't sign up for those dating services, as I'm too afraid of the creeps I see on there!! (and believe I've seen some of my former co-irkers up there--yikes!) So I'll just wait, and wait, and then go diving and forget about the whole thing!!!  I hope something changes soon for the better!!

BTW, if I read anyone on this board call themselves stupid (except over one action or something like that), I will sic the dragons on them. :P If you are here, you are intelligent to know a good thing when you see it :-D

I agree Brian, with the exception of dating women.. I stick to men.. lol (ok bad j/k :P )

Don't ever let anyone put you down or talk to you that way Girl.. you deserve much better!! :wakawaka: You are better than they are!

WG

You two are way too sweet!! Thanks for the encouragement. I know who I am and what I want, so maybe that won't scare the guys away!! Besides, if they can't take me for who I am NOW, they can go fly a kite!! (that's how it goes, right?)
Sempar Partus!!

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:12 AM

However today the characteristics for survival don't require a lot of physical strength

Yes, I'll grant you that, Dr. Bill, but it doesn't mean the ladies of today don't admire strength as a quality in the men they choose to date. Probably the reason football players are still getting all the votes for prom king instead of the geeky math wizards who oftentimes end up making more money in the long run. It's not a survival thing in the modern age, but the vestigal traces of neolithic man are still roaming the dating scene, trust me...

Ooga booga :P

Coo's Toe...I think your theory is completely right on the money! :wakawaka: And the corollary to it is my own personal favorite...

Men are attracted to strong women (throw back to caveman days perhaps) however they don't know what to do with them when they find them. (Perhaps also a throw back to cave man days where they could drag them by the hair but today they'd be dragged back if they were lucky or busted if they weren't!)

I also find it difficult to be attracted to otherwise attractive people when they keep telling me how hard it is for them to find a date...or find mutual respect and attraction or basically feeling so miserable and depressed that the rest of us also feel sorry for them!

The last time I checked...most women nor men for that matter are attracted to people who consider themselves losers....afterall...ya gotta ask...what do they know about themselves that I don't know? :P

Athletes...top performers...great entreprenuers and great people all practice a wonderful technique called 'visualization' whereby they visual the results that they want so many times that when they actually perform...they follow that visualization thereby achieving what their mind has conceived. Sounds like we to adapt that technique to our dating lives...HEY....Where is Sweeper when we need him????!!! LOL!!! :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#87 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:54 AM

Perhaps also a throw back to cave man days where they could drag them by the hair

Why did they do that?
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#88 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:10 PM

Perhaps also a throw back to cave man days where they could drag them by the hair

Why did they do that?

Because it's easier to carry heavy loads when you have a handle.... :wakawaka:

#89 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

Nope.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#90 rhondajc18

rhondajc18

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:128

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:11 PM

I LOVE this thread---and have to agree with CT's caveman theory. Weak men are a total turnoff.
And in my experience, WW has it right when she says men like strong women and then don't know what do with them once they've got 'em.
A guy who can't go toe-to-toe with me when it's necessary and still be able to hug me when I'm hurt just isn't worth the time and trouble.

And Chie, I must be meeting your stand-up's brothers out here because that's what I've run into lately. What's up with that???

But it's good to see that there really are a few good one left! :cool2:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users