• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Men: What do you like?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#301 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

Now you tell me! First you lead a gal on with recipes for crab and champagne, then you drop a bombshell like this?!

I guess no PNW HH for me after all! 

Heheh... see what I mean, it works...

Geesh... he said crawling back into his cave shaking his head in wonderment... (just joking here)

Alki Cove 2 was really good today... 25' vis..
hopefully it will hold till next weekend...
and then I can be ignored.. LOL....
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#302 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

Good seeing you today at the beach Frank! Will look forward to catching up with you over a beverage next weekend. Photos, as always, are looking fantastic!

-d

(oh... and to keep this post on topic, which is a challenge. WOMEN. That's it. Just WOMEN. :birthday: )
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#303 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:05 PM

(oh...  and to keep this post on topic, which is a challenge.  WOMEN.  That's it.  Just WOMEN.  :o )

Why David, is that a touch of cynicism I read in your post? :o

There'd be no need for it if you men didn't provide us women with reasons to make similar remarks first . . . :lmao:

MEN! :birthday:

Hmm . . . where's that smilie sadly shaking its head when you need it? 'Rolling Eyes' above is looking just a little too happy. :o

#304 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

Will look forward to catching up with you over a beverage next weekend.

Heheh.. yah, good and surprised to see you again after 3 years?? Anyway, we'll probably be the only ones there...

Our Great Friends from the North Won't make it.. LOL... either a Dry Suit Problem, or a Food issue... and our Great Friends from the south are bringing their "Boy Toys"... so we'll have a lot of time to talk over things...

see ya then... will be fun...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#305 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

Don't want to sound like an advertisement here, but that is one of the beauties of sd.com trips (or it could be a HH or one day Event). A bunch of single people with at least one common interest getting together & DIVING, hanging out, diving some more & in the process getting to know one another & having a lot of fun in the process. I think that it takes a lot of the pressure off the whole meet & date thing- which I've decided that I am an abysmal failure at anyway. :birthday:

Yes, that's true, but I was speaking/typing more in terms of the one-on-one situations. I have to agree the most social fun I've had are the post-dive "debriefings".
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#306 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:14 PM

But seriously, I'm quite shocked that some women operate like this. I couldn't imagine selecting a guy based primarily on his finances.

You sound like a sweety, but don't be naive! A lot of women operate like that the same way a lot of guys just want to "f*** 'em and forget 'em". However, that's not to say that concern about finances doesn't have a legitimate place among the many other things a lady may be looking for in a mate. Marilyn Monroe put it quite aptly in a line from a movie (I don't remember the name of the movie).
"Women want to marry a man with money the same way a man wants to marry a woman who is pretty. You may not marry a woman because she's pretty, but it helps!"

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#307 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

You sound like a sweety, but don't be naive!  A lot of women operate like that the same way a lot of guys just want to "f*** 'em and forget 'em".  However, that's not to say that concern about finances doesn't have a legitimate place among the many other things a lady may be looking for in a mate.  Marilyn Monroe put it quite aptly in a line from a movie (I don't remember the name of the movie).
"Women want to marry a man with money the same way a man wants to marry a woman who is pretty.  You may not marry a woman because she's pretty, but it helps!"

Why thank you, Briny. I not only 'sound' like one -- I am one! :lmao:

As for the 'f*** 'em and forget 'em' types of your breed -- I hope that's the minority rather than the majority. :birthday:

And the movie? 'How to Marry a Millionaire". Also starring Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall. (The last time I saw it was outdoors in Bryant Park in NYC. Everyone clapped when Miss Monroe came on screen, and for the New York skyline as well.) :o

#308 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

As for the 'f*** 'em and forget 'em types of your breed -- I hope that's the minority rather than the majority. :birthday:

I remember hearing that phrase and attitude more in my teens and early 20s.

#309 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

As for the 'f*** 'em and forget 'em types of your breed -- I hope that's the minority rather than the majority. :birthday:

I remember hearing that phrase and attitude more in my teens and early 20s.

Well, since neither of us are still within that age range, nor interested in dating anyone in that age group either (at least not me :lmao:), let's hope for the most part both men and women have left that attitude behind. :o

Mind you, that's not an entirely fair comment to make. There's nothing wrong with casual sex -- as long as both parties are aware that's what's going on -- and neither is being misled into thinking a 'relationship' is taking place.

#310 David Evans

David Evans

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

(oh...  and to keep this post on topic, which is a challenge.  WOMEN.  That's it.  Just WOMEN.  :) )

Why David, is that a touch of cynicism I read in your post? :P

Nope, not a touch of cynicism. Honest! Your species is my favorite variety on the whole planet, and that's saying a LOT given the presence of octopus and orcas. :)

So.... I should have made the post as follows:

Women. :diver:

Women. :2cool:

Women. :hiya:

Women. :usflag:

Women. :diver:

-david

(and yeah, very rarely, but sometimes: Women. :usflag: )

:teeth:
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."

#311 David Evans

David Evans

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:25 PM

There's nothing wrong with casual sex -- as long as both parties are aware that's what's going on -- and neither is being misled into thinking a 'relationship' is taking place.

I guess I might be guilty of placing too heavy an emphasis (or meaning) on sex... I dunno.

I think there's a general perception that a man's libido "relaxes" as he gets older. At 39, I certainly haven't found that to be the case for me... perhaps someday that will be true, but it isn't the case for me now. Hell, sometimes I forget that I'm not 18 anymore. Suffice it to say that... well... okay. What I've already said is sufficient enough. :usflag:

However, I find that casual sex really doesn't seem to fit into my life right now. I feel that engaging in a relationship where the only objective is casual sex feels kinda like I'm wasting my time... time that could be spent exploring a relationship of deeper substance and meaning to me.

That's not to say I think it's wrong for other folks... it's just not my program.

Casual sex is fun. However, sex of the not-so-casual variety... with someone that I feel *really* connected to... now THAT's awesome. :usflag:

-d

#312 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

Well, since neither of us are still within that age range, nor interested in dating anyone in that age group either (at least not me :usflag:), let's hope for the most part both men and women have left that attitude behind. :usflag:

Mind you, that's not an entirely fair comment to make. There's nothing wrong with casual sex -- as long as both parties are aware that's what's going on -- and neither is being misled into thinking a 'relationship' is taking place.

A well-known actor (I think it was Emilio Estevez) who was known to use the services of call-girls was asked why he did that. "Surely a young, handsome, wealthy guy like you can have his pick of better women to sleep with?" was the question. His response was: "You don't understand. I don't pay these women to sleep with me, I pay them to go home afterwards!"

#313 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

"You don't understand.  I don't pay these women to sleep with me, I pay them to go home afterwards!"

:usflag:

#314 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:23 AM

MEN! :usflag:

Hmm . . . where's that smilie sadly shaking its head when you need it? 'Rolling Eyes' above is looking just a little too happy. :diver:

Try this one.... :usflag:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#315 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

Anyway, we'll probably be the only ones there...

Our Great Friends from the North Won't make it.. LOL...  either a Dry Suit Problem, or a Food issue...

Well, I can't type for Michelle, but it just so happens that I googled this 'pub place' and perused their menu, and found it to be surprisingly promising. You've been forewarned! (maybe) :cool1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users