• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Soulmates? Dream or Reality?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

It's still funny.

(sigh) Walter, Walter, Walter .....

#32 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

If a divine being created soulmates for each of us, why didn't She put us close enough so we could actually meet without resorting to Internet dating sites and the like?????

#33 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

If a divine being created soulmates for each of us, why didn't She put us close enough so we could actually meet without resorting to Internet dating sites and the like?????

Because then we would be less likely to see the divinity in it...and yes, I do believe God uses the internet for many things, including, for some, putting soul mates together.
"

#34 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

I believe that soulmates are real. I think sometimes when they meet, while their souls are mated somehow, the decisions they've made previously to that meeting might prevent them from being together. For example, I truly believe that I met mine, but the decision she made to get married without being in love with her husband yoked her to that life before we could build ours.

If you linger in a relationship with someone who isn't your soulmate, that eats away time and opportunities to find your soulmate.

For some people, a soulmate may be of the same sex and the pairing isn't a romantically based connection. I think that many identical twins are indeed "soulmates" because they will often have the same tastes, ideas, moods, habits and even dress similarly on the same day even when miles apart. Two lifeguards I worked with were identical twins and I dated a swim coach who was an identical twin and it was uncanny how they (all girls) seemed to be in the exact frame of minds at the same time. Best friends who "share a brain" so to speak may also be soulmates.

I think that once you think you've met another you, or you can see yourself so well in another, or you have an unbreakable bond with someone even if life distances you from each other and you each share that feeling that you are soulmates... it is what it is.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#35 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

I believe I have found my soul-mate but, unfortunately, distance has kept us separate. :wakawaka: And yes, she dives. :cool1:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#36 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:45 AM

I believe I have found my soul-mate but, unfortunately, distance has kept us separate.  :teeth:  And yes, she dives.    :teeth:

Wow... if I thought I'd found my soulmate (and of course she would dive... or at least want to), I'd be boarding a plane yesterday (unless a boat will do). And if she lives in Africa or South America (or for that matter Australia, Asia, Europe or North America) I might get there even sooner>

Edited by drbill, 22 October 2005 - 12:46 AM.

#37 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

I believe I have found my soul-mate but, unfortunately, distance has kept us separate.  :teeth:  And yes, she dives.    :(

Wow... if I thought I'd found my soulmate (and of course she would dive... or at least want to), I'd be boarding a plane yesterday (unless a boat will do). And if she lives in Africa or South America (or for that matter Australia, Asia, Europe or North America) I might get there even sooner>

I would if I could... believe me!!!! And I'd be a heck of a lot closer to you lot... I'd be in :teeth:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#38 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

I believe I have found my soul-mate but, unfortunately, distance has kept us separate.   :teeth:  And yes, she dives.    :(

I would if I could... believe me!!!! And I'd be a heck of a lot closer to you lot... I'd be in :teeth:

Let's see, you live in western Australia and I live on Catalina. I'd like to be there and you'd like to be here (closer to the soulmate). Hmmm... maybe we could arrange a house swap!! Oh, that's right... job issues. Hmmm. I don't have a "job" so no problem here.

#39 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Let's see, you live in western Australia and I live on Catalina. I'd like to be there and you'd like to be here (closer to the soulmate). Hmmm... maybe we could arrange a house swap!! Oh, that's right... job issues. Hmmm. I don't have a "job" so no problem here.

Catalina, AZ? She's in Toronto, Ontario.

I'm a bit closer to the ocean than you are. :teeth:

SD's Aussie Connection.

#40 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

I believe I have found my soul-mate but, unfortunately, distance has kept us separate.  :teeth:  And yes, she dives.    :(

Wes,

Although I don't expect an answer, I can't help but wonder why the two of you are letting something so *trivial* as distance keep you apart. I recall you once had written that she was quite close to her family, I believe. What is preventing you from moving to be with her?

If you truly believe she is your soul mate, and she feels the same way about you, does it really matter where you live (within reason)? Isn't it more important that you are together if you know that you were meant to be together? :teeth:

#41 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

I believe that soulmates are real. I think sometimes when they meet, while their souls are mated somehow, the decisions they've made previously to that meeting might prevent them from being together.

.... I hold this belief as well .... Circumstances may prevent you from being together even though you know you should be. On the other hand, you may run across your soulmate (of which I think there may be several), but be in such a state of turmoil at the time (perhaps from a bad relationship - or present stress in your life or job)... or be so tainted and damaged from previous relationships that you are unable (or unwilling) to recognize them and the opportunity passes you by once again .............. and you withdraw some more.............. and the opportunities to meet someone who may become your soulmate happen less and less often......... and the loneliness you have come to know, becomes it's own self fulfilling prophecy.

I have no doubt that I have passed by many 'potential' soulmates due to things like this (and continue to pass them by). Am I too tainted now?..... good question. I guess that only time will tell. The human spirit is quite resilient and time seems to heal, so I will hope for the best.

#42 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

In the mythos that has soulmates - If you believe a person in your soulmate - and you don't do everything in your power to be with that person, are you not trying to thwart the will of god?
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#43 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

In the mythos that has soulmates - If you believe a person in your soulmate - and you don't do everything in your power to be with that person, are you not trying to thwart the will of god?

Hawk,

We thwarted the will of God by being together. We had an affair. She let go for the love of her kids. That's one reason I still love her. So, there's always that aspect of doing everything in your power to be together.

But, if people are single, I think you are right. They need to move nations to be together if possible.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#44 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:58 PM

Bill, that's because your divinity is a "She." Soap-operas, Lifetime Movie Network, Desperate Housewives, you get the idea. It's about the drama, the pain of the search, the heart-wrenching loneliness in fruitless wanderings.

Now, if you believed in a male-minded divinity. If you've got a problem and if no one else can help, and if you can find Him then maybe you can hire the A-team ("A" for Angels?) and have a rapid resolution (60 minutes) rather than years and years of Days of Our Lives. :twist:

Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:25 PM

Well if my soulmate has found me...I wish he'd hurry up and tell me! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users