• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Oct 6-8 NCSeafood Festival&Artifacts!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#106 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:37 AM

Just 3 more weeks!! Is it too early to pack yet?

Hee! Hee! I am packed! (Oh yes...its not clean yet so I'll take it out from the Roatan trip and wash it and then repack it!) :fish2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#107 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

Nitrox Class Update:

I want to thank you for signing up for the Nitrox class. I need anyone interested in the class to purchase a PADI nitrox book and complete the knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter by the start of the class in NC. We will review each question, answer any questions, and then do some practice questions and tables before I give you the exam. I would like to be able to do this the first night there so that you can take advantage of Nitrox on every dive. I am confident this will not be a problem. If you can not find a PADI dive shop near you, I can ship you the PADI Nitrox book for $25 plus s/h. I wll be out of town from Sept 16 to 23 so if you need me to ship you a book I must do so by tomorrow. Let me know your shipping address, contact info and email address.

I will need the email address so that I can send you the medical release that you need to complete before the class. Thank you, Bill aka OTWDiver

You can contact me via pm, or at 864-944-9255 or 864-903-3483 :twist:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#108 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

Deep Class Update:

I want to thank you for signing up for the Deep class. I need anyone interested in the class to purchase a PADI Deep book and complete the knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter by the start of the class in NC. We will review each question, answer any questions. If you can not find a PADI dive shop near you, I can ship you the PADI Deep book for $25 plus s/h. I wll be out of town from Sept 16 to 23 so if you need me to ship you a book I must do so by tomorrow. Let me know your shipping address, contact info and email address.

I will need the email address so that I can send you the medical release that you need to complete before the class. Thank you, Bill aka OTWDiver

You can contact me via pm, or at 864-944-9255 or via bill@offthewalldiving.com
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#109 Dawn Dobson

Dawn Dobson

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

My apologies for having to do this but, I'm going to have to cancel my plans for this trip. Long story short, I received some unexpected :diver: news yesterday about my dog of +12 years and my fun money and attention are on her at this moment. I hope to meet you all sometime on a future trip. Have fun and get some good pics.

Dawn

#110 Photographic Mercenary

Photographic Mercenary

People are starting to get to know me

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Cert Level:USCG Captain AOW, Been diving actively since 1978 in the mid atlantic and all over the world
  • Logged Dives:well over 500, the dives get numbers and ratings now

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

Dawn,

My camera will be your eyes for this adventure.
I know how much our four footed compaions mean to us.
Buccaneer has gotten me thru the darkest times of my life.
To para phrase Rick in Casablanca "Here's looking for you kid. "
Yea it was on TCM tonight and I could not resist watching it again.

norm

Norman J. McCullough

Photographic Mercenary,

Crisis Management,

Defender of Dumb Animals, & Damsels in Distress,

Licensed  Fool.

#111 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

My apologies for having to do this but, I'm going to have to cancel my plans for this trip. Long story short, I received some unexpected :cool2: news yesterday about my dog of +12 years and my fun money and attention are on her at this moment. I hope to meet you all sometime on a future trip. Have fun and get some good pics.

Dawn

Dawn,

Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope everything turns out okay. Maybe we will meet on another trip.

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#112 barracudababe

barracudababe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:09 AM

Hi! Just wondering if you had seen my check yet? I sent it off just over a week ago and wanted to make sure you received it.

Thanks

#113 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Hhi to the WW, just wondering if they have DIN 100's on this boat.
Thanks,
The Orcaman!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#114 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hi! Just wondering if you had seen my check yet? I sent it off just over a week ago and wanted to make sure you received it.

Thanks

I've sent a PM to Admin to folllow up with you! :angel2:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#115 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

Barracudababe...I am in Grenada so won't be able to update payments until I return this Sunday. I know we spoke via pm but I no longer recall our final decision regarding your ability to arrive in NC early enough to get enough sleep to safely do these dives. This can be an agressive dive destination and you really do need plenty of sleep! We'll pm again to make sure we are on the same page! :angel2:

Larry...they do not have DIN tanks.

Ok off to get some sleep...we have a great day of diving ahead of us tomorrow! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#116 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:29 AM

Barracudababe...I am in Grenada so won't be able to update payments until I return this Sunday. I know we spoke via pm but I no longer recall our final decision regarding your ability to arrive in NC early enough to get enough sleep to safely do these dives. This can be an agressive dive destination and you really do need plenty of sleep! We'll pm again to make sure we are on the same page! :wakawaka:

Larry...they do not have DIN tanks.

Ok off to get some sleep...we have a great day of diving ahead of us tomorrow! -ww

Ok. have a great trip, no problemo on the DINs,
So say Happy Birthday Larry!

Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#117 naeshy

naeshy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water + Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:13

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

Ok, I hope I've sent the right amount in. I'm driving in, renting Nitrox 100's and fills and doing the Nitrox cert. Let me know if I have it wrong. :wakawaka: I'm still having trouble upgrading my membership, but I've emailed the admin so hopefully they can help me out.

Bill, what time do I need to be in town so we can do the review session?

Also, if I want to bring a drive-in non-diver with me, how much would it be for them?

Thanks all,
Naeshy/Shea

#118 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

Kamala,

I'm not sure if we need to schedule our lead weights for this trip, but I'm going to need 8-12 lbs, depending on whether I dive a 1 or 3 mil suit. (Need to see what the temps are like as we get closer to the dates before I decide) Would like this to include two (2x) 2lb slotted weights if possible that I can attach to my shoulder straps.

thks.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#119 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

Kamala,

I'm not sure if we need to schedule our lead weights for this trip, but I'm going to need 8-12 lbs, depending on whether I dive a 1 or 3 mil suit. (Need to see what the temps are like as we get closer to the dates before I decide) Would like this to include two (2x) 2lb slotted weights if possible that I can attach to my shoulder straps.

thks.

Thanks for the lead update! We do need to plan for lead for the fly in people. Just post what you think you'll need. The boat only offers slotted weights and has a limited number of weight belts so I suggest you bring your own belt. Also if you use trim weight in 1 pound configurations please be advised that they offer a limited number of 2 pound weights and no 1 pound weights.

formerly...

#120 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

Ok, I hope I've sent the right amount in. I'm driving in, renting Nitrox 100's and fills and doing the Nitrox cert. Let me know if I have it wrong. :usflag: I'm still having trouble upgrading my membership, but I've emailed the admin so hopefully they can help me out.

Bill, what time do I need to be in town so we can do the review session?

Also, if I want to bring a drive-in non-diver with me, how much would it be for them?

Thanks all,
Naeshy/Shea

Cool! Usually I say to people to post their questions in the thread but since I am out of town I will ask that you pm or email me a reminder to give you a non-diver price. Usually if they are a bubble watcher the price is the same. If they do not plan to be on the boat then they will not be charged for the diving protion of the package. I'll confirm the final price for you when I get home from Grenada this weekend if you shoot me an email to remind me. And yes...we can certainly take a non-diver if they desire to go!

Nitrox Class Update:

I've spoken with the instructor and he says if we all arrive in NC by 7pm we can all do dinner and then if you have read the book and done the knowledge reveiws, it will take about 2 hours to do the test and add'll instruction. If you need more time he will take what it requires but that is a normal scenario. Depending on how comfortable you are with dive tables determines really how long the class takes. A good review would be to brush up on your ow tables. Please make sure that you got the crew pak which contains the tables as you will need the book as well as the dive tables. If you have any questions please contact OTWDiver for clarification.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users