• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#166 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

All in the name of research..... and I am VERY thorough!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#167 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

[note to self: add locking cable drawstring to swimsuit waistband]

why jexy, do you have a tat hidden under there?

#168 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:31 PM

How many of you gals have tattoos? And also, men...what do you think about gals having them????

For me, it would depend on what you have and where you have it. A female friend of mine with whom I go country dancing with a lot has a tatoo of a heart on the inside of her right breast. It does show when she wears a low-cut shirt or dress and it especially shows when she wears a bikini. It does look good on her though.

For most part, though, I would not be crazy about tatoos on women, but it would not be a deal-breaker for me.
-Mitch-

#169 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:27 PM

A friend once told me to get a tattoo, because men find them attractive. I would not want anything to do with a man who was more interested in me because I had a tattoo. I guess because they are just not me. On a man, I would view them more as a scar, than art. Not a deal breaker, but not attractive.

When I see eyebrow, lip tattoos in person, or more personal tattoos on European TV, I think, what happens if the ring/whatever snags on something. Ouch! At my last job, they hired a heavily pierced guy to work in the cleanroon. All skin except a goggle sized area around the eyes is covered. His co-workers were curious about why someone would get certain piercings. He mentioned his girlfriend had a tongue piercing too. Someone asked, "Doesn't it hurt when they touch when you kiss?" His response was, "That's the point." Ick! Of course, that ended the discussion.

Permanent makeup, on the other hand, that I am considering. I guess that would be me expressing my laziness.

#170 jamesser

jamesser

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:39 PM

What can really be said here. The question I believe was how men felt about ink work on ladies? Ladies face it, men don't really know how they feel about anything except at that given time .... lol ... Hence that is why so many ladies get upset with guys because we can never really figure out what we want. Yeah I know strong reality break. Ink work to me has to be a very intimate personal thing. I would not consider any ink unless it had deep meaning to me and I would only have it done to suite me, not for anyone else, nor would I refuse to get one for fear about how someone else might view it. Of course this is just my opinion, and a little too philosophical to meet with that "hell raiser" "bad boy" image I get sometimes. So please read it and forget I ever said something like this, because I'll never admit to it. :welcome:

#171 harleyman

harleyman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:03 AM

It's a matter of personal choice. I see many horrible looking Tat's out there. I have three, and they are only visible if I want them to be by wearing shorts, or Tank Tops. Mine all center around Scuba and the tropics. The first one I got was from a picture of a clownfish and anemone that I took in Palau. The secon is a Mermaid that's midsection turns into a Lionfish tail/spines, and a tribal gecko rounds it out. The first two are pretty much original pieces of art in my mind, and I get nothing but great comments from everyone that sees them. My Mom even admits that they look good. If you have a good artist, and it's something that you want - doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Keep them classy and clean, and you will be fine in my book.

Good luck on your new Tat if you decide to go that route.

Cheers.

#172 funlvn66

funlvn66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced diver
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:08 PM

:-D I've never been a big fan of tatoos but I find that was is inside a person I most find attractive. A tatoo wouldn't turn me off of a woman unless.......It was all over her face. I myself don't have any :lmao:

#173 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:22 PM

:-D I've never been a big fan of tatoos but I find that was is inside a person I most find attractive. A tatoo wouldn't turn me off of a woman unless.......It was all over her face. I myself don't have any :lmao:

Or up and down the ENTIRE arm of this otherwise attractive woman. She was very pretty until you saw the whole goth effect she had going with the arm deal from wrist to shoulder. Gross...and yes she was young and yes it was still firm but it was STILL unattractive! She might as well have done her face....-ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#174 desksgt

desksgt

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:85

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:00 AM

Oh My, this Newby has an opinion!!:

I think they are sexy as can be in most cases, on the gals that is. They are certainly addicting. I have a good portion of my back done now, about 16 hours of work or so. It can be confusing though. It took me forever to realize that when I looked at my eagle in the mirror, it was actually on the leftside and not the right! What can I say, "my mind is a terrible thing to waste".

My vote on tats; Yeaaaaahhhhh baaaabbbbyyyy! Go for it! (but only if ya want to)
Contrary to popular belief, Pennsylvania is NOT where they make pencils!

#175 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:02 AM

Damn! All these years I thought it was "A waist is a terrible thing to mind."

#176 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

Damn! All these years I thought it was "A waist is a terrible thing to mind."

Yes and that's why most of have 'waists' we no longer mind....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#177 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

Yes and that's why most of have 'waists' we no longer mind....

yeah, but K, I would be happy to "mind" yours for you!!! :thankyou:
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#178 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:48 AM

And a fine one it is, too!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#179 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:49 AM

I have thought many times about getting one, but then it always comes back to, "Ten years from now, how happy will I continue to be with it?" I think it is really a "to each his own" kind of thing. I know now that I could never get one. But I have seen some that were nice. But the mere mention of tatoos just makes me remember my Grandpa's naked lady tatoo on the inside of his wrist and when he moved his fingers, she danced! :teeth: But he was an old Navy man, and that was the thing. And I think some guys do tend to get carried away, but I agree with the overall....if it is tasteful and kept to a minimum. ;)
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#180 wreck_maniac

wreck_maniac

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:09 PM

My take on tats...and I have a few:

Tattoos are like the storyboard of your life. If in 10yrs you may look at and not like it but...it's a reminder (good or bad) of where you were in that stage of your life.

I was a pro mountain biker for many years. I have a mtn biker on one shoulder that was taken from a picture of me on a magazine cover (crashing) Was the only cover I ever made and I haven't ridden a bike in years now so I get all kinds of questions about it...If I had to choose something for that shoulder right now would it be a mtn biker? No...(unless he had scuba gear on) But I look at it and it reminds me of where I was then. Just like your grandpa that had the naked lady military style tattoo...he may have said he didn't like or wished he hadn't gotten it...or maybe he liked it after all those years, but I'll bet there were times when he would look at it and think back....
~dale

NC Wreck Divers Dive the Graveyard of the Atlantic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users