• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#76 Bombero

Bombero

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:36 AM

I think tattoos can add character. The right tats placed in the right spot on a girl can be very hot. What's lame is if it's just something off the wall that didn't take any thought process to come up with. I have to laugh when I see the same tat on more than one girl. Mine are all unique and represent something. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them and they start great conversations. I like the idea of members posting pics of them too btw. Piercings can be hot too, but they're not very functional. Everyone I've ever had became an injury and had to go.

#77 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

Piercings can be hot too, but they're not very functional. Everyone I've ever had became an injury and had to go.

yee-OOOWWWWW!!!!

been there. :fish2:

#78 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:24 AM

I think tattoos can add character. The right tats placed in the right spot on a girl can be very hot. What's lame is if it's just something off the wall that didn't take any thought process to come up with. I have to laugh when I see the same tat on more than one girl. Mine are all unique and represent something. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them and they start great conversations. I like the idea of members posting pics of them too btw. Piercings can be hot too, but they're not very functional. Everyone I've ever had became an injury and had to go.

I agree with everything you said. How many tattoo's do you have? And how do you feel about a girl having more than one, if they are small. For instance...I have a dolphin right now, (custom made, not off the wall). I am considering another tattoo possibly on the small of my back (I haven't decided what yet, but it will be small).
I have found not only does everyone get wall art, but most of it is somewaht cheesy. I looked at hundreds of dolphins, and everyone of them looked like a mini cartoon clip. I do not like wall art, but it's great for getting ideas. i checked out tons of flash sites and had the artist design mine based on one I had seen on the internet.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#79 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:33 AM

Tattoos don't add character. You either have it or you don't. A tattoo doesn't change that at all.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#80 nycamico

nycamico

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:OW 2, Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:54 AM

Oh Walter, I think we need to add curmudgeon to your profile. No, I don't have a tattoo, and yes I do think alot of people get them for poorly considered reasons, but thank goodness we have the freedom to do almost any stupid, ill considered thing we want. If you're not hurting anyone else it's your own business. It's such a waste of time and energy being judgemental.
oops-did i just pronounce a judgement? :fish2:

#81 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:42 AM

............... thank goodness we have the freedom to do almost any stupid, ill considered thing we want.  If you're not hurting anyone else it's your own business. It's such a waste of time and energy being judgemental.

I agree. You won't find any place where I'd indicated adults shouldn't be allowed to express themselves in any way they please (unless it hurts another). If you want a tattoo, I'll defend your right to get one. I don't find them attractive, but that does not affect my belief in individual rights. The concept that they "add character" is not very well thought out. A person has the same character before and after they get a tattoo. A tattoo may or may not affect how people see you, it doesn't change who you are.

DSSW,

WWW™

#82 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:03 PM

I agree with everything you said. How many tattoo's do you have? And how do you feel about a girl having more than one, if they are small. For instance...I have a dolphin right now, (custom made, not off the wall). I am considering another tattoo possibly on the small of my back (I haven't decided what yet, but it will be small).

I have to admit, I find a tatoo at the small of the back to be VERY sexy!

the other advantage to this location, is that later on, if you decide you don't like it, or in company where it is not appropriate, it is reasonably easily covered by clothing.
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#83 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:12 PM

Walter, you are right...I forgot to mention that in my post. I don't agree that they add character to you as a person. I agree that the express your character. A tattoo doesn't change who you are...it only expresses who you are. It's like those cars that have 100 bumper stickers on their car to show their personality. I'm sorry that you don't like tattoos, and that you thikn the are stupid...etc. I happen to love mine very much. Anyone who knows me, knows that my tattoo isn't just a picture on my body...it's a symbol of me. I like it, and honestly...even people who hate tattoos have liked mine. I do plan on getting a second one, but not until i know for sure what I want. This thread was to get opinions, so thanks everyone who posted. I wanted a general consensus on if guys found them attractive or not. It seems that most men who like them fall into younger age groups...hmmm..interesting. Well, again. Thanks everyone for the input.
P.S. More than one of us Angels/Divas have tattoos! Guess who else does.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#84 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

Darlin',

There's no reason to be sorry I don't like tattos. I don't think any less of you because you have one. I simply find them unattractive. We're much too far apart in age for that to possibly matter. I think highly of you.

Walter

DSSW,

WWW™

#85 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Yoda
~Jacques Cousteau

#86 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:31 PM

A tattoo doesn't change who you are...it only expresses who you are. It's like those cars that have 100 bumper stickers on their car to show their personality.

Sure... A tattoo doesn't change who you are inside, but it changes who you are on the outside, and often it's not an improvement. Just like those cars that are covered with bumper stickers.

Bumper stickers are the ultimate in tacky. Some people have become the walking equivalent of those stickered up cars.

#87 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:39 PM

Piercings can be hot too, but they're not very functional. Everyone I've ever had became an injury and had to go.

yee-OOOWWWWW!!!!

been there. :hiya:

Do tell......
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#88 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:49 PM

Walter, you are right...I forgot to mention that in my post. I don't agree that they add character to you as a person. I agree that the express your character. A tattoo doesn't change who you are...it only expresses who you are. It's like those cars that have 100 bumper stickers on their car to show their personality. I'm sorry that you don't like tattoos, and that you thikn the are stupid...etc. I happen to love mine very much. Anyone who knows me, knows that my tattoo isn't just a picture on my body...it's a symbol of me. I like it, and honestly...even people who hate tattoos have liked mine. I do plan on getting a second one, but not until i know for sure what I want. This thread was to get opinions, so thanks everyone who posted. I wanted a general consensus on if guys found them attractive or not. It seems that most men who like them fall into younger age groups...hmmm..interesting. Well, again. Thanks everyone for the input.
P.S. More than one of us Angels/Divas have tattoos! Guess who else does.

Don't lump all of us elders (ouch, did I really say that out loud?) into one bunch. I've dated several women who have had tattoos and found them very sexy (both the ink and the women). I dated one where I just didn't understand why she got inked and why she chose what she did. It cheapened her, in my view.

I think if the ink fits the personality of the person it can in fact add to the hotness-factor. About a year ago I dated a woman with an ... interesting piercing and it totally fit her personality once I got to know the intimate side of it. Thing is you'd never guess her for "that type" (whatever that type is) in the day-to-day. It was like a private little naughty secret and that made it even better.

So I guess I'm agreeing with everyone here, including Walter, contextually.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#89 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:49 PM

Bumper stickers are the ultimate in tacky. Some people have become the walking equivalent of those stickered up cars.

Ya know, Erin, I love having you around. It takes some of the heat off me.

DSSW,

WWW™

#90 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

I have one very tasteful tattoo across my forehead that says "Up against the wall you redneck mothers" in black and blue ink. It's kind of embarassing though, since they forgot the comma.
coppermaus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users