• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#61 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:56 PM

:banghead: it's less permanent than a tatoo! i didn't change the pic, M. maybe it's just taking longer to load or something.

#62 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

:respect: it's less permanent than a tatoo! i didn't change the pic, M. maybe it's just taking longer to load or something.

No- last night your avatar looked like a candid photo taken from a computer.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#63 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

hmm....how very strange! someone's installed a webcam on me while i pontificate on the social ills against and for permanent skin expression. :respect: i remember i had the current one up, but then i resized it smaller last night. oh well...don't worry, M! i'll have a new one in a week or so after athens and maybe i'll even get some of the girls/guys to show off their ink.

#64 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:22 PM

hmm....how very strange! someone's installed a webcam on me while i pontificate on the social ills against and for permanent skin expression. :o i remember i had the current one up, but then i resized it smaller last night. oh well...don't worry, M! i'll have a new one in a week or so after athens and maybe i'll even get some of the girls/guys to show off their ink.

Remember 'Chie- placement is everything.... :respect:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#65 No Pressure

No Pressure

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

Remember 'Chie- placement is everything.... :clapping:

M, is that placement, position, or are they the same?
Diving; My zen space.

#66 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:36 PM

NP, don't tempt Boots into saying something naughty.....she's MANAGEMENT now!!!!

(just kiddin', girlfriend) :clapping:

#67 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

I would never get a tatoo myself but I've seen a few on some woman I thought were very sexy. That being said I prefer a woman with no tatoos but I don't judge a woman by such superficial things if she likes it that is what should matter. As for piercing I think some are sexy and others are a bit much. I have a pierced ear going on 30 years now and still wear an earring. A small stone in the nose I think can look very sexy on a woman as can a pierced bellybutton. I don't care much for pierced eyebrows or tongues or huge ones in the nose. Ones on genitial don't do much for me either.

#68 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

I'm with you on the piercings chinacat. As far as tattoos, I've seen women who have tacky ones...those kind scare me. I think tattoos on a guy can be sexy too if its done right...i.e. not full sleeves or bleeding hearts, etc. I would love to see a guy with a dive flag tattoo. Anyone out there?! Email me the pic! :clapping:

Edited by scubahoney, 16 May 2004 - 09:16 PM.

The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#69 nycamico

nycamico

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:OW 2, Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:17 PM

Not quite the same but I had a friend in dental school who made his own gold crown and painted a little dive flag on it in enamel paints. Just pull back his lip and how cute is that!!
:P :clapping: :cool2:

#70 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:17 PM

no, even better! post it...<if it's in a spot acceptable for mixed company>.

#71 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:21 PM

no, even better! post it...<if it's in a spot acceptable for mixed company>.

Yeah, I like this idea better.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#72 idive2

idive2

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:20 AM

band of ivy wrapping her ankle. I actually suggested to her that she pierce her belly button as an alternative to the tatoo- piercing heal over pretty quickly when people change their minds. She did & it's gone. I must admit, if I had a "younger" looking stomach.....

go for it Marvel, I think the belly button piercings are sexy, I personally dont get much out of a tatoo on a woman, most are not feminine and seem too much like a statement is trying to be made ? I hear the "work of art" reasoning being made,
I believe the womans body is a work of art and covering it up is taking from this
natural work of art, just my opinion.........

#73 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

I hear the "work of art" reasoning being made, I believe the womans body is a work of art and covering it up is taking from this natural work of art, just my opinion.........

I agree. I also think it applies to piercings, although to a lesser degree since piercings can heal.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#74 rhondajc18

rhondajc18

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:128

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:43 AM

The thing with the tats and the piercings is that it's (usually) a purely personal thing. I got my butterflies for me and because they mean something to me. If someone's got issues with them, those are their issues, not mine. The tats didn't change who I am at all---they just gave me a visual symbol for something very important to myself.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

#75 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:56 AM

The tats didn't change who I am at all

True. OTOH, neither does smoking. I can be friends with you as easily as I can be friends with a smoker. It doesn't change either of you. I don't think less of either of you. OTOH, both tattoos and smoking are turn offs for me. Other people have different viewpoints on both issues. Neither is wrong. Just as it's a personal issue for you to have a tattoo, it's a person issue for me to find them unsexy.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users