• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#91 Lubold8431

Lubold8431

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor. Do most of my diving in NE. I love wreck diving.
  • Logged Dives:Over 1500...

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:27 PM

I have to say that I love women with tattoos... in the right place. The small of the back, below the waist, butt, breast, etc. Its sexy, it turns me on, and I like women who are brave enough to express themselves with a tattoo. I dont like a woman with sleeves, or tats all over her arms or legs. Somewhere hidden, or a small one somewhere. A woman that I dated had a tattoo on her chest that was usually hidden by her bra and shirt, but when she wore this little black dress when we went to a party it showed just a little bit of the tat. That was sexy. I was turned on all nite, and couldnt wait for the party to be over.

As for me, I have a few now, and am planning on more. I dont regret any of the tattoos that I have. I have a scorpion on my right shoulder, a tribal on my right arm, and a cross on my left arm. I am planning on adding an arm band of thorns around the cross, and another yet to be decided for my left shoulder. All of them are meaningful to me, and I like looking at them. I think its a personal choice, and you should think alot about it before you do it. Definitely dont be drunk when you decide to get a tattoo!!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:56 PM

First off...Lubold it is REALLY GOOD to see you back! We've missed you!

Secondly I haven't read this thread until now...quite a few divergent opinions. And yes they do seem to fall along age bias with a few on the curve to keep it interesting. But hey...that's ok too!

If I were the Angels age...I might think differently and be temped to get me a cute little diving tat. However I grew up in a era when only men in the military had tattoos and they represented the hard life those men had fighting for our country. As a result...when I see a tattoo...I see the American flag...or eagle...or an anchor...or other strong symbol of strength. I also see the passion of youth often played out and sometimes spent or at least re-thought many years later. And I see these tats change as the owner changes over time. (Sometimes this is NOT an attractive sight!)

As for expression...I prefer to use clothing...hair coloring and style...jewelry...and oh yes...dive gear!! Those of you who have dove with me know that I'm VERY expressive when it comes to dive gear!!! LOL!!! That way I can change my look on a whim and not be committed to something that is far harder to get rid of then to obtain in the first place. Hmm...sounded like my ex-fiance for a minute there...er...the getting rid of part!

So I guess my prevailing thought is...To each his own...or 'Whatever melts your butter...just don't drizzle it on my popcorn!'

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#93 jeadiver

jeadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:14 PM

I have a friend who told her girls they could have all of the tattoos they wanted, but they first had to envision what the tat would look like on their grandmother. Not one of the three girls in that family ever got a tattoo.

At least something to think about.

#94 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:44 PM

I have one very tasteful tattoo across my forehead that says "Up against the wall you redneck mothers" in black and blue ink. It's kind of embarassing though, since they forgot the comma.

'Maus, :teeth:
I especially like the without comma style. It makes your's different from the others that have the comma.

I see a common position here. Folks either like tats (if small, well placed, sexy, etc) or don't at all, no matter what. I would say ask yourself if seeing someone with a tattoo would prevent you from talking with that person on a dive trip, missing the opportunity to make a potential new good friend. Doesn't mean that you would be interested in dating that person, just respect them enough to talk. I try to not judge people from their outward appearance, cause I am often wrong. (there. I said it). Just like hair style, clothing, BC/ regulator choice, snorkel color, and other forms of expression, this is a relatively permanent one, but still just a form of expression. My friends that saw mine didn't think anything less of me, and in fact were amused that I had one.
My real message. Having your own opinion is great. Just don't judge others for theirs. It's like the big three... politics, religion and sex. I will respect yours if you respect mine. Don't try to convert me and I will not do the same. We will all get along.
Diving; My zen space.

#95 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:51 PM

cause I am often wrong. (there. I said it).

duely noted NP!!!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#96 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:17 PM

OTOH, SH, from your outward appearance, I have you pegged! Of course your signature quotes help a lot.
Diving; My zen space.

#97 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:21 PM

OTOH, SH, from your outward appearance, I have you pegged! Of course your signature quotes help a lot.

Oh yeah? Pegged, huh? How so?!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#98 sunlover

sunlover

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:366

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:39 PM

May I add my assessment of the tatoo "issue": After years of seeing naked people in the operating room and almost naked people on dive trips, I think a small tatoo just above the bikini line on a flat belly is super sexy, but the same tatoo on a not-so-flat belly is not that sexy. So -news flash- its probably not the tatoo but rather on whom it lives that determines its appeal. With that being said, Scubahoney, as long as you don't put a tatoo on your forehead, I bet I would consider it sexy. Tom.

#99 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:04 PM

Ya know, Erin, I love having you around. It takes some of the heat off me.

LOL Walter... half the time I'm the one applying heat ( Technical IS a valid term, by the way.) and the other half I'm running interference to keep you out of harms way. Happy to help, buddy... but the arguing's fun too. :teeth:

#100 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

My friends that saw mine didn't think anything less of me, and in fact were amused that I had one.

i didn't see you as the type to have one, NP. total surprise when you 'fessed. didn't seem the "type", especially after seeing you in tight black jeans. :welcome: i got told by upper management at Nortel that they would think twice about hiring me if they had seen a tat on my neck...made me think twice about it and was glad i did. SH told me one of her friends got a chinese character "alias" style and it didn't look good at all.

#101 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

i didn't see you as the type to have one, NP

see, that's the fun part, chie....
they show up on people you'd never expect to have them.

of course, NP's is a tat of Hello Kitty.

kiddin', murph! kisskiss

#102 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:33 PM

kiddin', murph! kisskiss

:welcome: hello kitty? i could have sworn it was a my little pony.
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#103 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

kiddin', murph! kisskiss

:teeth: hello kitty? i could have sworn it was a my little pony.

hey! he told me it was Teletubbies.... :welcome:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#104 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hey i'm still waiting to see how you have me "pegged" NP!!
~Jacques Cousteau

#105 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:22 PM

kiddin', murph! kisskiss

:lmao: hello kitty? i could have sworn it was a my little pony.

hey! he told me it was Teletubbies.... :cool1:

See!!! There I was, minding my own business, trying to support SH on her discussion of tattoos. I open up a little and reveal some of my personal information (which I NEVER do), and all I catch is crap from the hecklers in the room (as pretty as they are, I can overlook it).

'Chie, that was my point (and Tom's too). Tats show up sometimes where you least expect (people and/ or places). It's not the tattoo, it's the person that we are making judgement on.
Diving; My zen space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users