• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#46 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:52 PM

You made the right choice.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#47 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:06 PM

Triggerfish, I do not like piercings on guys and especially the kind of grotesque idiocy that I saw in Las Vegas (Yes I am judgemental!). Normal piercings on women is fine. However, the multiple piercings of one lady on some Sunday night law show was too much for me.

Who would place a golf tee through the area just below their lower lip? Why do guys do that hole opening thing in their earlobes?

As far as discreet tattoos on a woman, one or so small ones probably would not be a deal breaker for me. Significant body coverage and that person and I are incompatible without even meeting.

#48 CaptainRonPdx

CaptainRonPdx

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:TriMix Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:40 PM

Guess I will fess up on this one, dont like em, never have, wont ever get one. Guys do whatever you want to, but I would think twice about dating a lady who had one or more. I agree with Walter, if you like the artwork, do it up and hang it on the wall so you can see it and appreciate it. Why deface a beautiful body with something man made. This is before you even consider the pain, cost, risk of infection, morphing with age, changing your mind, etc. My 2 cents.

#49 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:08 PM

One thing l know about myself is this...what l think is cool today in 10-20 years l will think it to be silly at best, but moronic most of the time. l've never had a tat, won't get one...end of thought. Women on the other hand...hmm...just plain silly from the start. Why, dear God, oh why???
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#50 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

Scubahoney, tat's are a personal preference and are not at any others discretion besides yourself. I have some, I like the ones I have. I consider the ones that I have tasteful. As far a women having them, I think they can be very sexy and some can be very much a turn off. Depends on the location and design. I am personally not into the sculls or dragons but again they are yours and you should always get them for you and noone else.

#51 No Pressure

No Pressure

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:54 PM

Scubahoney. I will give a little different view. I think tattoos are very attractive and interesting. I noticed yours walking into Hooters after class. Body art, just like any other art, is an expression of the person. THose with a few "tasteful" ones give that kind of statement, those with total body coverage give a different statement. I have one (so far), that I have plans to expand. I think many people stereotype others based on preconceived notions. For some that is green/ red dyed hair. For others that is white shirt and tie. I say, do what feels right for you, remember that is doesn't come off easily, but make a statement. That's what is great about this country.
Diving; My zen space.

#52 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:02 AM

Hey NP, thanks for adding that view. I don't here that response too often. My ex boyfriend is the only guy I know thought they were sexy before I got mine. Now, most guys think it's pretty sexy. I'm glad you said that about expression...that's exactly waht it is and why I got mine. I've loved dolphins since I was a child and now I'm going into a field where i can study them, too. How perfect is that? I know I'm not going to change my mind about it b/c I haven't in the past years. But you are so right, people want to express themselves, and my tattoo is how I express my passion.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#53 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:13 AM

I have one (so far), that I have plans to expand.

So Doc,

What and where is it? Inquiring minds want to know.... :teeth:
Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#54 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:17 AM

You get them when you are young and your skin is taunt.  If you live to a ripe old age, the artwork will look much different than when you had it done

My sister-in-law made a joke about this...she has a rose tattoo on one of her boobs. She joked "and when I'm older, it will be a LONG-STEMMED rose!"

Laura

Edited by Laura, 14 May 2004 - 07:17 AM.

WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#55 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:40 PM

LOL! Laura, your SIL sounds like she should be a part of our group. :teeth:

as for tats, i like them and think of them as sexy within reason. although, angelina jolie :banghead: has several in very prominent places that really don't have a unifying theme, but no one can really argue with her appeal (except one guy that said she reminded him of a trashy stripper and i stopped speaking to him). many of my krav instructors have older tats of dragons and such while some only have the krav maga symbol etched onto them. for me, not only does it look amazing but it shows how these individuals were disciplined in an art form and want to mark themselves with a passion that consumes them. it's kind of a unified group thing. when i make it to the brown/black or even instructor level, be sure that i'm getting one done - but only then and not before. how silly would it be for me to get one after only being with the sport for a few months. i'll have the symbol that i'm a bada$$ without having the training to be one. it'll probably be on my lower back so as to not give corporate people preconceived notions of me if i ever go into that type of workforce again.

i don't like people that get tats just to get them because everyone else has them. i adore a friend that has his nickname and a basketball on his calf...different from the standard, but meaningful to him. SH...you've got something that your passionate about, and your tat will just be an expression of your life. your body wasn't meant to stay perfectly unmarked forever...see ZD's signature. bodies keep physical reminders of our history, so think of it as a prettier scar than the one you got falling off a bike. a. jolie carries off her tats IMHO because she carries herself well. i'm sure even if a guy didn't like them, he'll still think that you're sexy long after he discovers the ink. if not, he's allowing his opinion to be swayed by preconceived notions that have little to do with you.

#56 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:44 PM

Best explanation I've seen, CSII .... by the way, love the new avatar!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#57 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:49 PM

Best explanation I've seen, CSII .... by the way, love the new avatar!

OFF TOPIC: :banghead: just wait until our dorky kid pictures come up, then you'll really appreciate the new avatar. have you sent your pics to the dragon yet?

#58 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:50 PM

Gettin' em scanned this weekend. They're pretty scary.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#59 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:50 PM

.... by the way, love the new avatar!

But it's gone already! What's up with that???
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#60 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:54 PM

But it's gone already! What's up with that???

I couldn't figure out what I was missing. It looked like the same photo to me.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users