• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flirting...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

Twinklez, I don't know why you think that the people who are greeting are not genuine, but it kind of hurts my feelings.

Woah Nellie! I don't believe I ever indicated that I felt you or any other person was not being genuine. Your reason for greeting is because you want people to feel welcome; and I believe that is the same for everyone else that greets on SD. But...having played way too long in the cyber world, when someone posts a message especially for you, particularly if they are of the opposite sex, and you are not familiar with how that particular board or forum operates, it can easily be misunderstood as something else.

So....if you'll back up and read the entire thread, you'll see that I was commenting on Annasea's post about a guy she greeted who then hounded her somewhat inappropriately. I was simply saying that if he was unaware of the behaviors on a particular board, and had never been "greeted" as is done on this board (whether it's your function or you just like to do it), he might mistake her greeting as an invitation to engage in the conversation he attempted to have.

It is a very friendly board here and didn't take me long to figure out that you were all just saying hello, but initially I really didn't know what to think. That's just being honest and I simply can't apologize for honesty.

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:33 AM

Twinklez, I don't know why you think that the people who are greeting are not genuine, but it kind of hurts my feelings.

Woah Nellie! I don't believe I ever indicated that I felt you or any other person was not being genuine. Your reason for greeting is because you want people to feel welcome; and I believe that is the same for everyone else that greets on SD. But...having played way too long in the cyber world, when someone posts a message especially for you, particularly if they are of the opposite sex, and you are not familiar with how that particular board or forum operates, it can easily be misunderstood as something else.

So....if you'll back up and read the entire thread, you'll see that I was commenting on Annasea's post about a guy she greeted who then hounded her somewhat inappropriately. I was simply saying that if he was unaware of the behaviors on a particular board, and had never been "greeted" as is done on this board (whether it's your function or you just like to do it), he might mistake her greeting as an invitation to engage in the conversation he attempted to have.

It is a very friendly board here and didn't take me long to figure out that you were all just saying hello, but initially I really didn't know what to think. That's just being honest and I simply can't apologize for honesty.

Ok well I was confused too...

I can see how you were using this example to show that something could be taken out of context and/or misunderstood! (Kinda like I just did!) LOL!!!

And yes...I JUST had two similar experiences right here on SD...

1. A member thought that I might have been flirting but had read this thread and realized that I was being 'very friendly'. This is especially comforting to me as this member is one of our 'married but buddyless' divers and I am in NO SHAPE MANNER OR FORM interested romantically in married men. (Unless they are married to me!) And under NO circumstances will I be involved with a married man unless of course they lie to me and I don't realize it. :banghead:

2. Another member DID think I was flirting but by the second message realized that I was only being friendly. Do you think the link to this thread helped clear up the matter??? :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#93 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

Kamala,

I'll flirt with you any day. Shoot, I'll flirt with most of the lady's on SD. By now, they all know I'm harmless. Flirting is fun, and like someone said, it makes you feel good. :banghead:
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#94 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:56 AM

What, ya'll ain't gettin' paid to greet people, heck I get $1.38 for every new member I greet. :banghead:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#95 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:10 AM

What, ya'll ain't gettin' paid to greet people, heck I get $1.38 for every new member I greet. :banghead:

Yep...I findly found a good use for all that monopoly money I had...but sssshhh! Don't tell hawk! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#96 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

Ha!!

I got the deed to Park Place!!!

top that, 'Hawk!!

#97 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:26 AM

Do these "Get out of Jail Free" cards really work? WW gives them to me for wishing people a "Happy Birthday". :banghead:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#98 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:40 AM

Hmmm, sounds related to me try to sell Park Place

I called up my local real estate agent and said "I have the deed to Park Place, I need to sell so I can take more dive trips with WW!"

I think he might still be laughing

by the way, WW, can I get more of those Hotels thingy's?? I lost them all last night in a poker game

#99 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:55 PM

Kamala,

I'll flirt with you any day. Shoot, I'll flirt with most of the lady's on SD. By now, they all know I'm harmless. Flirting is fun, and like someone said, it makes you feel good. :birthday:

:anna: :welcome: :birthday:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users