• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flirting...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:58 PM

Actually, I don't think Walter is left handed. Now, I am kind of, sort of, left handed. Actually, I am ambidextrous. I can catch with either hand, I usually eat with both hands, I write on paper with my left hand, I write on the board with my right hand, I can throw a football with either hand, but I can't throw a baseball with my left hand. Many other things are both handed, painting for instance.

Donna is very left handed. Both our kids are very right handed.

Holy crap, Dennis! I thought I was the only freak like this!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#77 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

Jamie, there's at least two of you freaks like that.

Dennis can actually write on paper with his right hand as well, but rarely does. He's also ambidextrous when up to bat.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#78 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

Dennis can actually write on paper with his right hand as well, but rarely does. He's also ambidextrous when up to bat.

I think when you're ambidextrous, you wind up being dyslexic. I find I always transpose numbers. But maybe they're not related. I remember playing softball on a business team league and the pitcher would laugh at me and say "Oh, we have a switch hitter." Didn't matter which way I swung; I still popped out every time. Things I do lefty: throw a ball, play pool, box (yeah I never knew that until some guys were laughing at me saying "Look at the little southpaw") eat, open jars. I mainly use my right hand for writing and playing tennis. But I can print with my left hand in a pinch.

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:07 PM

Hmm....I can see the new pickup lines as we speak?

But excuse me...can you tell me all the things you can do with your uh...'right' hand?

And if we don't like the answer we can simply say...I'm sorry...that's just not right...I think I 'LEFT' the good one back there! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#80 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:34 PM

well, now that we're on the subject...

I am a lefty, I admit it freely, openly!!

but, I'm also ambidextrous

I can catch with either hand, I can throw with either hand, I can bat either way, I have complete tennis game with either hand

I can only write and eat with my left...just about everthing else I can do with either hand with equal skill

oh, and I can't write on a board with either hand!

#81 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

it is amazing how this thread went from flirting to what handed you are. I just love watching the way these threads flow, they really do mimmick (sp) the way a vocal conversation goes.

and if anyone cares I am right handed, can't do much of anything with my left. My wife (Donna) is left handed which makes for some entertaining conversations. :)

Be good and stay safe

Dan
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#82 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:37 PM

And what good would that do!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#83 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

it is amazing how this thread went from flirting to what handed you are. I just love watching the way these threads flow, they really do mimmick (sp) the way a vocal conversation goes.

and if anyone cares I am right handed, can't do much of anything with my left. My wife (Donna) is left handed which makes for some entertaining conversations. :D

Be good and stay safe

Dan

You are so right about how our topics wonder just as good conversations do...that is called 'going off topic' in the cyber world...here its called 'net talk'!

We do often split out interesting tangents like this one and make it into its own thread...that way the original topic and the new one can draw the interest they deserve...or some poor unsuspecting member thinks they are getting! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#84 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

good point!

#85 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

If you gave your right arm you would be ambidextrous since you only have one arm. You could use your left hand as good as your missing right arm. Of course you can give both arms and you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore now would you. :lmao:

be good and stay safe

Dan
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#86 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

I think when you're ambidextrous, you wind up being dyslexic.

That reminds me of an old joke: Did you hear about the insomniac agnostic dyslexic? He stayed up all night wondering if there is a dog.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#87 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

I think when you're ambidextrous, you wind up being dyslexic.

That reminds me of an old joke: Did you hear about the insomniac agnostic dyslexic? He stayed up all night wondering if there is a dog.

I like that!! :lmao:

#88 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

Darlin', that's the joke.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#89 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:18 PM

If he's new the board he may not have realized that everyone gets greeted...I didn't my first time. I thought I was special or something until I realized there's a group of people out there for the purpose of making newbies feel comfortable.

I can see how this could be potentially misunderstood...in fact I think it often is. I know that I try to greet every person that joins SingleDivers.com as I am truly happy that they found us! In fact, I even send a letter to them manually as our system does not do an auto greeting whenever someone signs up for the newsletter, asks for information, or even creates a screen identity.

Once they join the site and post an intro, a number of people usually greet them because they are excited that they are part of the site. However as a site grows and you have people who naturally tend to be enthusiastic greeters...sites tend to put them into categories such as 'Greeters' or 'Angels'. While they often greet new members...it is not necessarily a job but rather a 'title' given for a role that they have naturally assumed regardless of title.

And yes Ms. Twinklez...you ARE special! And you have shown that many times over! :anna:

And now back to our comments on flirting!

I have never greeted any new member because it was my job as a greeter, and nobody ever asked me to greet people. I greet people because I want them to feel welcome here, and I enjoy seeing new members come to the board.

Twinklez, I don't know why you think that the people who are greeting are not genuine, but it kind of hurts my feelings.

#90 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

:cheerleader:

If he's new the board he may not have realized that everyone gets greeted...I didn't my first time. I thought I was special or something until I realized there's a group of people out there for the purpose of making newbies feel comfortable.

I can see how this could be potentially misunderstood...in fact I think it often is. I know that I try to greet every person that joins SingleDivers.com as I am truly happy that they found us! In fact, I even send a letter to them manually as our system does not do an auto greeting whenever someone signs up for the newsletter, asks for information, or even creates a screen identity.

Once they join the site and post an intro, a number of people usually greet them because they are excited that they are part of the site. However as a site grows and you have people who naturally tend to be enthusiastic greeters...sites tend to put them into categories such as 'Greeters' or 'Angels'. While they often greet new members...it is not necessarily a job but rather a 'title' given for a role that they have naturally assumed regardless of title.

And yes Ms. Twinklez...you ARE special! And you have shown that many times over! :anna:

this started as flirting and where are we now?/?? no one has flirted with me in days
And now back to our comments on flirting!

I have never greeted any new member because it was my job as a greeter, and nobody ever asked me to greet people. I greet people because I want them to feel welcome here, and I enjoy seeing new members come to the board.

Twinklez, I don't know why you think that the people who are greeting are not genuine, but it kind of hurts my feelings.

who's leading this parade anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users