• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sex or Diving?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#76 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

... Flat Earth Society...oh no I hope I haven't added to your burden.

Eric

No, I am up to speed on that one, you're safe. :lmao:
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#77 privateyediver

privateyediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Logged Dives:- 100

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Tough question, Dive to survive or sex to keep from going crazy?
OOOHHH heck, I can eat coconuts!!!!! :cool2:

#78 dennis mccarty

dennis mccarty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:aow,rescue,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:9

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

I would give up diving on one day and sex on the other. Rotate...........best of both worlds!!! I am very indecisive like that.

Thanks Marci, Indecisive me, hell yea and I like it , love it and want more of it. :banghead: :birthday: :lmao:
I really was heading north, I just went the long way around.

#79 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:39 PM

hmm, that wasn't me. i was the one talking about the rabbit.

and yes, there are waterproof models. i don't know about pressure ratings, but waterproof - yes. :P

#80 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

I would have to say give up diving.. if your stranded and the island is deserted, how are you going to get your tanks re-filled to dive?

Then again if I'm stuck with someone I don't like, then I would take up snorkling or find some way to get out of the situation I was in...

Edited by Dejah, 03 February 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#81 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

there goes marci talking about that rabbit again......... anyway, marci, have a great trip in the bahamas. wish i was there!

#82 treidm

treidm

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

I can't believe I actually had to think about this one! I would have to say that I would give up the sex. :lmao: But then again, it would depend on who was on the island with me. :anna:

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :lmao:

#83 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :cheerleader:

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :cheerleader:

Eric

#84 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:38 PM

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :cheerleader:

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :cheerleader:

Eric

i hope i never see the inside of a jail cell............

#85 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :angel2:

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :evilgrin:

Eric

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: !!!!!

#86 treidm

treidm

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

If you were stranded on an island, with a member of the opposite sex, and had to give up sex...or diving...which would you choose?

Hmmm, this was the question....

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :angel2:

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :evilgrin:

Eric

This was about two people of the opposite sex, stranded on an island. I meant no matter what they looked like, in time, I think nature would take over. I'm sorry if I stirred some deeper sexual issues within you.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, what you do , is your business. :lmao:

#87 RICHinNC

RICHinNC

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Late on this one....out on mission again....but the bottom line is.... I WOULD NEVER GET WET AGAIN !!!
The great thing about excruciating pain is....at least you know you are alive.

#88 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

How true, divin IS sex! No need to give up nothin! :thankyou:

:-D Note to self: Next dive stay very far away from Dive Buddy.

:banghead: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That comment brought back the memory of a "have your cake and eat it too" situation I encountered just after my OW checkouts. It wasn't funny at all at the time, but now I laugh my butt off everytime I think about it.

It was July 3, 2005 - I won't forget it. Another diver from my LDS called me at work one day and said "Hey, it's been over a month since I've been in the water and I'd really like to hit the local lake. Steve said you might be looking for someone to dive with this weekend as well." Diving? You bet...I agreed and met him at the lake.

Now...this was a married diver, and yes, I did know his wife who is a really sweet lady and has been my buddy on occasion. She had just had surgery and couldn't dive, so she brought her lawn chair and sat under some trees reading her book while we got in the water. It was summer, so no wetsuit...just a bathing suit and my gear. We went here and there, and then eventually ended up on the training platform just hanging out playing with the fish. This guy pulls his reg out and looks at me. I'm thinking he's wanting to see if I can do it...just fresh out of my OW class and all and him being a former Navy diver and sometimes teaching assistant. So I copy him to show him that I'm capable of basic skills. Instead of a nod of approval, all of a sudden I've got a set of lips locked on mine! Woah big boy...back up!!! Ok, so I fumble around and get my reg back in my mouth and start to clear my mask (which is now flooded as a result of him pushing up against my face with the attempted kiss). As I tilt my head up to clear I feel a tugging on my BC. Yep, you guessed it! He's now trying to pull my gear off underwater! The guy is like a damned octupus and his hands are everywhere! Apparently "woah" wasn't enough! I'm pushing away and he's pulling me closer, reg is knocked out of my mouth, my quick releases on my shoulders are undone, my mask has fallen to the platform and he's now reaching for my chest strap!

Remember, I had just learned to hold my breath underwater without pinching off my nose literally, and mask remove and replace was a monumental task during my OW class. Thank goodness for auto-pilot! I'm now in survival mode. :taz:

To hell with fixing my gear - get away from this guy! Both hands are in his face and chest repeatedly poking and hitting until I'm lose and he's backed off. I've swallowed water, I'm choking and spitting, it's up my nose and burning, and I can barely see. Find the reg, get it in my mouth and get it purged! Now breathe! Apparently he's realized what a jerk he's been and how he's just about drowned me cause I look over to see his hand outstretched attempting to hand me my mask. I snatch my mask from his hands and start finning to the surface without even worrying about putting it back on.

Feeling "safe" on the surface, I inflate my BC and start reconnecting my shoulder straps and deciding if I should surface swim back to my entry point or get out right where I'm at and walk around the lake in my gear to get back to my truck. I'm also thinking of the woman, my friend, in the lawn chair. How I was so glad I wasn't her being married to this jerk! Damn...here he comes surfacing right beside me. He reaches out to help me with my gear and I really don't want this help. I have never struck a man, but I darned sure wanted to at that moment. I wanted to poke his beady little eyes out! "What is wrong with you?" His lame excuse was that his wife was laid up and it had been so long, and he just wanted to see what it was like to have sex and dive at the same time! Of course he was also worried about whether or not I was going to tell his wife. Now who's in charge? "We're gonna descend to 20ft, navigate from here directly to the steps in the swim area and I'm getting out. What you tell her is up to you, but we're done diving!"

So hey...why give up either? Some people out there believe they can do both at the same time!

:lmao:

Well, you can do both... but he should have waited and done it with his wife! Next time... fin him in the goobers and poke his eyes out when they bug out! Sad thing is... your friend is probably still married to the jerk and he's pulling that crap on someone else!
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#89 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:14 PM

Simultaniously??

Norm

Well, I can always have sex with myself and still dive!

I thought that was where you and Larry...

Oh, NEVER MIND!!

:lmao:

Norm

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :banghead:

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :thankyou:

Eric

i hope i never see the inside of a jail cell............

#90 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

[/quote]

This was about two people of the opposite sex, stranded on an island. I meant no matter what they looked like, in time, I think nature would take over. I'm sorry if I stirred some deeper sexual issues within you.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, what you do , is your business. :thankyou:
[/quote]

I just wanted to be clear and make sure you didn't have any expectations if we were to be alone together for any length of time :banghead:

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users