• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sex or Diving?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#46 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

(someone has to show me where th get that devil smiliy)

At the bottom of the emoticons box you'll see Show All. One click and all will be revealed. :birthday:

Or just memorize the code... : e v i l g r i n : :twist::evilgrin:

#47 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

How true, divin IS sex! No need to give up nothin! :birthday:

:birthday: Note to self: Next dive stay very far away from Dive Buddy.

:twist: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

That comment brought back the memory of a "have your cake and eat it too" situation I encountered just after my OW checkouts. It wasn't funny at all at the time, but now I laugh my butt off everytime I think about it.

It was July 3, 2005 - I won't forget it. Another diver from my LDS called me at work one day and said "Hey, it's been over a month since I've been in the water and I'd really like to hit the local lake. Steve said you might be looking for someone to dive with this weekend as well." Diving? You bet...I agreed and met him at the lake.

Now...this was a married diver, and yes, I did know his wife who is a really sweet lady and has been my buddy on occasion. She had just had surgery and couldn't dive, so she brought her lawn chair and sat under some trees reading her book while we got in the water. It was summer, so no wetsuit...just a bathing suit and my gear. We went here and there, and then eventually ended up on the training platform just hanging out playing with the fish. This guy pulls his reg out and looks at me. I'm thinking he's wanting to see if I can do it...just fresh out of my OW class and all and him being a former Navy diver and sometimes teaching assistant. So I copy him to show him that I'm capable of basic skills. Instead of a nod of approval, all of a sudden I've got a set of lips locked on mine! Woah big boy...back up!!! Ok, so I fumble around and get my reg back in my mouth and start to clear my mask (which is now flooded as a result of him pushing up against my face with the attempted kiss). As I tilt my head up to clear I feel a tugging on my BC. Yep, you guessed it! He's now trying to pull my gear off underwater! The guy is like a damned octupus and his hands are everywhere! Apparently "woah" wasn't enough! I'm pushing away and he's pulling me closer, reg is knocked out of my mouth, my quick releases on my shoulders are undone, my mask has fallen to the platform and he's now reaching for my chest strap!

Remember, I had just learned to hold my breath underwater without pinching off my nose literally, and mask remove and replace was a monumental task during my OW class. Thank goodness for auto-pilot! I'm now in survival mode. :birthday:

To hell with fixing my gear - get away from this guy! Both hands are in his face and chest repeatedly poking and hitting until I'm lose and he's backed off. I've swallowed water, I'm choking and spitting, it's up my nose and burning, and I can barely see. Find the reg, get it in my mouth and get it purged! Now breathe! Apparently he's realized what a jerk he's been and how he's just about drowned me cause I look over to see his hand outstretched attempting to hand me my mask. I snatch my mask from his hands and start finning to the surface without even worrying about putting it back on.

Feeling "safe" on the surface, I inflate my BC and start reconnecting my shoulder straps and deciding if I should surface swim back to my entry point or get out right where I'm at and walk around the lake in my gear to get back to my truck. I'm also thinking of the woman, my friend, in the lawn chair. How I was so glad I wasn't her being married to this jerk! Damn...here he comes surfacing right beside me. He reaches out to help me with my gear and I really don't want this help. I have never struck a man, but I darned sure wanted to at that moment. I wanted to poke his beady little eyes out! "What is wrong with you?" His lame excuse was that his wife was laid up and it had been so long, and he just wanted to see what it was like to have sex and dive at the same time! Of course he was also worried about whether or not I was going to tell his wife. Now who's in charge? "We're gonna descend to 20ft, navigate from here directly to the steps in the swim area and I'm getting out. What you tell her is up to you, but we're done diving!"

So hey...why give up either? Some people out there believe they can do both at the same time!

:birthday:

Edited by Twinklez, 29 January 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#48 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:18 PM

I refuse to answer a hypothetical question without sufficient information! And I resent the digs at California (even if they are true). I live on Catalina, not the mainland. Things are different here... even more suspension of reality and practicality.

So let me see if I understand the above statment,it sounds to me like even the people in California don't like saying they're from California(in your case Catalina)

Hold it! Hold it! Are you trying to tell me that the quizes in Cosmo magizine are NOT factual?????? :dltears:

Depends how you score on the quiz

I can't take it! First Santa Clause, and now this! :teeth:

Would this be a bad time to talk about the Easter Bunny?

Anyway back to the topic, or more precisely, back to tangisizing the topic. I won't say where, but one board had a HUGE thread on "Have you ever had sex at depth?" With that thought, why give up either? :taz:

Well considering the water temps in your neck of the woods(and my area) your a better man(or should that be a bigger man) and I salute you sir

Eric

#49 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

How true, divin IS sex! No need to give up nothin! :teeth:

:-D Note to self: Next dive stay very far away from Dive Buddy.

:taz: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That comment brought back the memory of a "have your cake and eat it too" situation I encountered just after my OW checkouts. It wasn't funny at all at the time, but now I laugh my butt off everytime I think about it.

It was July 3, 2005 - I won't forget it. Another diver from my LDS called me at work one day and said "Hey, it's been over a month since I've been in the water and I'd really like to hit the local lake. Steve said you might be looking for someone to dive with this weekend as well." Diving? You bet...I agreed and met him at the lake.

Now...this was a married diver, and yes, I did know his wife who is a really sweet lady and has been my buddy on occasion. She had just had surgery and couldn't dive, so she brought her lawn chair and sat under some trees reading her book while we got in the water. It was summer, so no wetsuit...just a bathing suit and my gear. We went here and there, and then eventually ended up on the training platform just hanging out playing with the fish. This guy pulls his reg out and looks at me. I'm thinking he's wanting to see if I can do it...just fresh out of my OW class and all and him being a former Navy diver and sometimes teaching assistant. So I copy him to show him that I'm capable of basic skills. Instead of a nod of approval, all of a sudden I've got a set of lips locked on mine! Woah big boy...back up!!! Ok, so I fumble around and get my reg back in my mouth and start to clear my mask (which is now flooded as a result of him pushing up against my face with the attempted kiss). As I tilt my head up to clear I feel a tugging on my BC. Yep, you guessed it! He's now trying to pull my gear off underwater! The guy is like a damned octupus and his hands are everywhere! Apparently "woah" wasn't enough! I'm pushing away and he's pulling me closer, reg is knocked out of my mouth, my quick releases on my shoulders are undone, my mask has fallen to the platform and he's now reaching for my chest strap!

Remember, I had just learned to hold my breath underwater without pinching off my nose literally, and mask remove and replace was a monumental task during my OW class. Thank goodness for auto-pilot! I'm now in survival mode. :taz:

To hell with fixing my gear - get away from this guy! Both hands are in his face and chest repeatedly poking and hitting until I'm lose and he's backed off. I've swallowed water, I'm choking and spitting, it's up my nose and burning, and I can barely see. Find the reg, get it in my mouth and get it purged! Now breathe! Apparently he's realized what a jerk he's been and how he's just about drowned me cause I look over to see his hand outstretched attempting to hand me my mask. I snatch my mask from his hands and start finning to the surface without even worrying about putting it back on.

Feeling "safe" on the surface, I inflate my BC and start reconnecting my shoulder straps and deciding if I should surface swim back to my entry point or get out right where I'm at and walk around the lake in my gear to get back to my truck. I'm also thinking of the woman, my friend, in the lawn chair. How I was so glad I wasn't her being married to this jerk! Damn...here he comes surfacing right beside me. He reaches out to help me with my gear and I really don't want this help. I have never struck a man, but I darned sure wanted to at that moment. I wanted to poke his beady little eyes out! "What is wrong with you?" His lame excuse was that his wife was laid up and it had been so long, and he just wanted to see what it was like to have sex and dive at the same time! Of course he was also worried about whether or not I was going to tell his wife. Now who's in charge? "We're gonna descend to 20ft, navigate from here directly to the steps in the swim area and I'm getting out. What you tell her is up to you, but we're done diving!"

So hey...why give up either? Some people out there believe they can do both at the same time!

:lmao:

wow, next time turn off his air........

#50 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

wow, next time turn off his air........

Guaranteed...there will be no next time! I believe he now knows to steer clear. Wondering if it's because he had to explain to his wife how his face ended up with all those scratches - I was poking, pushing and punching! :teeth:

#51 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

if we're talking ultimate sex, i'd pick that. if we're talking average sex vs average diving and i get to keep the rabbit, i'd pick diving!

#52 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

... and him being a former Navy diver...

Did your parents teach you nothin? Or does someone need to explain Sailors to you again? Also, being certified as a Rescue diver, I was taught there is NO WAY you can give mouth-to-mouth underwater, so don't fall for that line either. You should have grabbed hold of his inflater and blown him up like a balloon. Then, while he was trying to get you to let go of the inflater, dump his weight(s) so he is not likely to be able to make it back down. Any UWDA (Under Water Display of Affection) should be by mutual consent, and in the dive plan. :teeth:

Would this be a bad time to talk about the Easter Bunny?

What? about the Easter Bunny???????????

P.S. Thanks for the :taz: :lmao:
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Twinklez you most certainly handled that situation far better than I would have...I like CaptSteve's idea of turning of his air...or DiveBuddy's idea of blowing up his inflator hose and dropping his weights.

The audacity of someone to press themselves upon you like that... :teeth:

However you showed a huge amount of class and restraint...he should be glad he picked on you and not me! :lmao:

Besides as many of learned in our underwater specialties in Cozumel....you always 'offer' before you attempt! And lord knows there is lots of footage showing accpetance from that trip! :taz:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

if we're talking ultimate sex, i'd pick that. if we're talking average sex vs average diving and i get to keep the rabbit, i'd pick diving!

Oh my gosh...I forgot about the rabbit...heck if I ever figure out how to get one of those things...I'm not sure I'll ever need um...it again! :-D

p.s. You'll never guess what bottle of wine we found our last night in Florida? It was called "Rabbit Ridge"! :lmao:

But I've decided it must have been the $30 version of "Rabbit" wine vs. the $80 version of "Rabbit" wine!!! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#55 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

Tina, Thats why you should always carry a dive knife!!!!! He can explain why his "hose" was cut!!!!

Kamala, is the "rabbit anything like an Item I've seen called a "butterfly?????? :lmao:
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#56 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Tina, Thats why you should always carry a dive knife!!!!! He can explain why his "hose" was cut!!!!

Kamala, is the "rabbit anything like an Item I've seen called a "butterfly?????? :lmao:

I was such a new diver I'd have probably cut my own hose in all the confusion. Growing up in a steel town in SoCal, I got private lessons in poking, pushing and punching. You do what you're good at! :lmao:

All this talk about rabbits and butterflies...I thought this was a dive site! Since when did divers become zoologists and lepidopterists??? Oh wait...you're using the rabbits and butterflies for some form of "physical therapy?" That explains it... :-D

Edited by Twinklez, 29 January 2006 - 09:05 PM.

#57 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

there is that talk about rabbits again..........

#58 Taniwha

Taniwha

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:56

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

I'm assuming you mean, "If you were stranded on a desert island, but still had access to unlimited air refills..."

Cheers,
Doug

I'm assuming you mean, "If you were stranded on a desert island, but still had access to unlimited air refills..."

Cheers,
Doug

Oh great, I just read back and somebody already did the "air" objection. Boy, is my face red! (Always read the whole thread first! Always read the whole thread first! Always...) :lmao:

Anyway, I'd take the sex. All the talk about "good sex", "average sex", "ultimate sex"...that is the difference between men and women: with men, good sex is very, very good. Bad sex is still pretty darn good! :-D

Cheers,
Doug
When your heart is full, try using your head.

#59 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

What? about the Easter Bunny???????????

Well Dive Buddy(you want to be sitting down for this and in your happy place)there is no Easter Bunny.I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.Now it turns out there is a 'special' rabbit(BabyeDuck's refrence) for the ladies so they get to 'enjoy' the holidays more often but keeping the universe in balance we(the men) get p-valves!I'll let you decide which you'd rather have...

Eric

#60 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

Well Dive Buddy(you want to be sitting down for this and in your happy place)there is no Easter Bunny.I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.Now it turns out there is a 'special' rabbit(BabyeDuck's refrence) for the ladies so they get to 'enjoy' the holidays more often but keeping the universe in balance we(the men) get p-valves!I'll let you decide which you'd rather have...

Eric

Is this rabbit thing submersible? Cause if I have a P-valve AND a rabbit.... I might not be able to pee, but I could darned sure have some fun! :lmao:

Edited by Twinklez, 29 January 2006 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users