• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sex or Diving?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:49 PM

if we're talking ultimate sex, i'd pick that. if we're talking average sex vs average diving and i get to keep the rabbit, i'd pick diving!

What? about the Easter Bunny???????????

Well Dive Buddy(you want to be sitting down for this and in your happy place)there is no Easter Bunny.I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.Now it turns out there is a 'special' rabbit(BabyeDuck's refrence) for the ladies so they get to 'enjoy' the holidays more often but keeping the universe in balance we(the men) get p-valves!I'll let you decide which you'd rather have...

Eric

I think I'd chose you or Dive_buddy over a rabbit any day!

#62 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

I was such a new diver I'd have probably cut my own hose in all the confusion. Growing up in a steel town in SoCal, I got private lessons in poking, pushing and punching. You do what you're good at! :-D

Tina, I am just now responding to your post, I thought to myself, "Wow!". I am surprised it has not mentioned but IMO what he did was attempted sexual assault. You have not mentioned whether his wife knows of the incident or at least knows something happened while you were diving with him due to the scratches on his face. But I think you should try to warn the other women around you there to not dive with him. If he tried it with you, he could try it with another woman if he has not already done so.

Oh, yes, you could not have known it at the time since you were a new diver, but next time some a-hole does something like this, rip his mask off and pull his regulator out of his mouth. Then inflate his bc shooting him to the surface. It would be interesting to see him explain that one.

Twinklez you most certainly handled that situation far better than I would have...I like CaptSteve's idea of turning of his air...or DiveBuddy's idea of blowing up his inflator hose and dropping his weights.

The audacity of someone to press themselves upon you like that... :lmao:

However you showed a huge amount of class and restraint...he should be glad he picked on you and not me! :lmao:

Wenchie, if he had picked on you, he would still be at the bottom of the lake! :lmao:
-Mitch-

#63 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Tina, I am just now responding to your post, I thought to myself, "Wow!". I am surprised it has not mentioned but IMO what he did was attempted sexual assault. You have not mentioned whether his wife knows of the incident or at least knows something happened while you were diving with him due to the scratches on his face. But I think you should try to warn the other women around you there to not dive with him. If he tried it with you, he could try it with another woman if he has not already done so.

After our dive I paused briefly only to wish her a happy 4th, and left quickly saying I had somewhere else to be. I was more embarrased than anything initially, but also when something like that happens we often question whether or not we did something to provoke such an action. It took me a little while, but I finally got up the courage to tell the owner of my LDS about what happened. Steve was silent...that's scary! His ears got red like my son's do when he's angry. (Steve had trusted him enough to give him my phone number without asking me first.) I've not seen the other diver in the shop, nor have I heard his name since I spoke up. I don't think he'll be diving with us anymore.

But you're right...he certainly bordered on an attempted sexual assault...especially had he continued at the point that I made it clear no meant NO!

#64 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

After our dive I paused briefly only to wish her a happy 4th, and left quickly saying I had somewhere else to be. I was more embarrased than anything initially, but also when something like that happens we often question whether or not we did something to provoke such an action. It took me a little while, but I finally got up the courage to tell the owner of my LDS about what happened. Steve was silent...that's scary! His ears got red like my son's do when he's angry. (Steve had trusted him enough to give him my phone number without asking me first.) I've not seen the other diver in the shop, nor have I heard his name since I spoke up. I don't think he'll be diving with us anymore.

But you're right...he certainly bordered on an attempted sexual assault...especially had he continued at the point that I made it clear no meant NO!

Tina, I am only speaking for myself but I am sure most of the other SD.com men here will concur with me. I am glad you did speak up and tell Steve (I assume that the owner of your LDS) of this incident. That took some courage. I also give major props to Steve for listening to you about this. I would bet Steve did have a talk with him after you spoke up, I know I would be royally p***ed if someone violated my trust in this manner. :cool2: Finally, I do hope you understand that you did NOTHING to provoke that kind of action. The guy was an idiot ... and I am being nice.

Edited by Mitch0129, 30 January 2006 - 12:09 AM.

-Mitch-

#65 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

...I was more embarrased than anything initially, but also when something like that happens we often question whether or not we did something to provoke such an action. It took me a little while, but I finally got up the courage to tell the owner of my LDS about what happened.

Tina, as I'm sure you realize now, you had NOTHING to feel embarrassed about. He, on the other hand, had plenty! I'm cautious about initiating any contact to the point of missing many a possible opportunity (to get to know a woman, NOT to assault her... at least without her permission).

There are a lot of jerks in my gender. Why aren't there as many jerks in yours... at least I might "get the point" if they were a bit more aggressive (but stopped before commiting assault, I think).

Edited by drbill, 30 January 2006 - 12:15 AM.

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:17 AM

Wenchie, if he had picked on you, he would still be at the bottom of the lake! :diver:

No he wouldn't...but his pride and probably some of his gear would be...:cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#67 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

Is this rabbit thing submersible? Cause if I have a P-valve AND a rabbit.... I might not be able to pee, but I could darned sure have some fun! :diver:

Well less complicated if your in a drysuit,exterior on/off other contols pretty easy to do.For wetsuit it's a bit more involved but we have the technology the question is if there is a market :P

Aww shucks...... :cool2:

Tina, I am only speaking for myself but I am sure most of the other SD.com men here will concur with me. I am glad you did speak up and tell Steve (I assume that the owner of your LDS) of this incident. That took some courage. I also give major props to Steve for listening to you about this. I would bet Steve did have a talk with him after you spoke up, I know I would be royally p***ed if someone violated my trust in this manner. :2cool: Finally, I do hope you understand that you did NOTHING to provoke that kind of action. The guy was an idiot ... and I am being nice.

Yea what Mitch said

Eric

#68 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:23 AM

...I was more embarrased than anything initially, but also when something like that happens we often question whether or not we did something to provoke such an action. It took me a little while, but I finally got up the courage to tell the owner of my LDS about what happened.

Tina, as I'm sure you realize now, you had NOTHING to feel embarrassed about. He, on the other hand, had plenty! I'm cautious about initiating any contact to the point of missing many a possible opportunity (to get to know a woman, NOT to assault her... at least without her permission).

There are a lot of jerks in my gender. Why aren't there as many jerks in yours... at least I might "get the point" if they were a bit more aggressive (but stopped before commiting assault, I think).

I do now, that's for sure.

We have our share of jerks...they're just more interested in your pocket book than your pants! Bill, aren't you a starving scientist on an island? :cool2:

#69 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:14 AM

... IMO what he did was attempted sexual assault...

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but, that was no attempt. It WAS sexual assult. Nuff said.

Well Dive Buddy(you want to be sitting down for this and in your happy place)there is no Easter Bunny.I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.Now it turns out there is a 'special' rabbit(BabyeDuck's refrence) for the ladies so they get to 'enjoy' the holidays more often but keeping the universe in balance we(the men) get p-valves!I'll let you decide which you'd rather have...

Eric

Liarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be blushing right now, but I'm too upset over Eric's lies. Lies, lies lies! That's all they are is lies. :lmao:
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#70 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

We have our share of jerks...they're just more interested in your pocket book than your pants! Bill, aren't you a starving scientist on an island? :birthday:

Funny, I may be a "starving" scientist but on paper I'm worth a small fortune. All I'd have to do is sell my condo which might go for $750K (and almost all of that is equity). Of course then I'd have to move to a little grass shack on some tropical island so I could continue my diving!

#71 Taniwha

Taniwha

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:56

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:42 PM

We have our share of jerks...they're just more interested in your pocket book than your pants! Bill, aren't you a starving scientist on an island? :diver:

Funny, I may be a "starving" scientist but on paper I'm worth a small fortune. All I'd have to do is sell my condo which might go for $750K (and almost all of that is equity). Of course then I'd have to move to a little grass shack on some tropical island so I could continue my diving!

Oh that'd be a bummer! :fish2:

Doug

I do now, that's for sure.

We have our share of jerks...they're just more interested in your pocket book than your pants! Bill, aren't you a starving scientist on an island? :fish:

Tina, I don't know what to say that the other guys haven't already said, except that I agree with them all. The guy was a jerk, and we certainly don't need more of those in the world. I support you all the way, and can't imagine the mind set of somebody who would take advantage of another diver like that.

Doug
When your heart is full, try using your head.

#72 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

We have our share of jerks...they're just more interested in your pocket book than your pants! Bill, aren't you a starving scientist on an island? :lmao:

Nothing wrong with a grass shack, especially if you've the right person to share it with! :P

#73 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

Dive Buddy,
I feel your pain and I was there once.I felt I had a moral duty to be the one to tear away the band-aid and expose the truth.The fear that you would learn this from an uncaring stranger was my motivation,you need to be among friends.One day when you find it in your heart to forgive I'll be there Buddy.Till then be strong,be brave

Eric

#74 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:37 PM

Dive Buddy,
I feel your pain and I was there once.I felt I had a moral duty to be the one to tear away the band-aid and expose the truth.The fear that you would learn this from an uncaring stranger was my motivation,you need to be among friends.One day when you find it in your heart to forgive I'll be there Buddy.Till then be strong,be brave

Eric

You feel my pain? Huh? When I came here I was single. But now, I am ALONE. The numbness of what has yet to really sink in. The emptyness of Easters to come, and go, without him. Granted, I may have been living a lie, but at least I had the lie. Now, I have nothing. OMG I will NEVER get out of therapy at this rate.

Actually, two years ago, on Easter morning, I stepped out onto the porch to find a dead rabbit on the porch. I gave the local animal control a call to see if they wanted to examin the remains or not. They came out rather quickly. I commented on who would be so cruel to poision a rabbit and leave it on someone's porch on Easter. The A/C officer informed me that the rabbit was not dead, just under anesthetic. "What?" I exclaimed. The A/C officer told me that this rabbit does this to himself. I asked how is that possible? "You don't recognize him do you?" the officer asked. "He is the Eather Bunny" he told me.
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#75 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

Dive Buddy,

Eric

You feel my pain? Huh? When I came here I was single. But now, I am ALONE. The numbness of what has yet to really sink in. The emptyness of Easters to come, and go, without him. Granted, I may have been living a lie, but at least I had the lie. Now, I have nothing. OMG I will NEVER get out of therapy at this rate.

Actually, two years ago, on Easter morning, I stepped out onto the porch to find a dead rabbit on the porch. I gave the local animal control a call to see if they wanted to examin the remains or not. They came out rather quickly. I commented on who would be so cruel to poision a rabbit and leave it on someone's porch on Easter. The A/C officer informed me that the rabbit was not dead, just under anesthetic. "What?" I exclaimed. The A/C officer told me that this rabbit does this to himself. I asked how is that possible? "You don't recognize him do you?" the officer asked. "He is the Eather Bunny" he told me.

But your not alone your among friends that care....the A/C officer is probably a card carring member of the Flat Earth Society...oh no I hope I haven't added to your burden.

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users