• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sex or Diving?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

If you were stranded on an island, with a member of the opposite sex, and had to give up sex...or diving...which would you choose?

I would have to say sex. :thankyou: Reason - I don't know why, some people just say I'm nuts.

#92 treidm

treidm

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

If you were stranded on an island, with a member of the opposite sex, and had to give up sex...or diving...which would you choose?

Original question
________________________________________________________________________________
_____

I can't believe I actually had to think about this one! I would have to say that I would give up the sex. :lmao: But then again, it would depend on who was on the island with me. :anna:

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :banghead:

My answer
________________________________________________________________________________
_____

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :thankyou:

Eric

Your answer
____

This was about two people of the opposite sex, stranded on an island. I meant no matter what they looked like, in time, I think nature would take over. I'm sorry if I stirred some deeper sexual issues within you.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, what you do , is your business. :lmao:

My answer
_____

I just wanted to be clear and make sure you didn't have any expectations if we were to be alone together for any length of time :lmao:

Eric

_____

Hmmm, there you go again, nothing personal, but I'm strickly straight there bud. What you do is your business, just don't try and include me. :lmao:

#93 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Original question
_____

I can't believe I actually had to think about this one! I would have to say that I would give up the sex. :-D But then again, it would depend on who was on the island with me. :anna:

Hmmm, I think in all HONESTY, after a long while, it wouldn't matter who you were on island with, we would all go for the sex.... :flower:

My answer
_____

I just hope I don't end up sharing a jail cell for any length of time with you :lol:

Eric

Your answer
____

This was about two people of the opposite sex, stranded on an island. I meant no matter what they looked like, in time, I think nature would take over. I'm sorry if I stirred some deeper sexual issues within you.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, what you do , is your business. :diver:

My answer
_____

I just wanted to be clear and make sure you didn't have any expectations if we were to be alone together for any length of time :wub:

Eric

_____
Hmmm, there you go again, nothing personal, but I'm strickly straight there bud. What you do is your business, just don't try and include me. :cool2:

I was more concerned you were trying to include me :cool2:

Eric

#94 treidm

treidm

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

I was more concerned you were trying to include me :lol:

Eric

If you READ the original post?????
This was about two people of the OPPOSITE sex, You do differentiate the sexes, right?
Strange you keep bringing this up??
Oh never mind, I think you may be cut from a different dress, whoops I mean cloth, than me. :flower:

#95 Ndepth

Ndepth

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:openwater diver, I have logged about 45 dives mostly in the caribean
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:08 AM

I couldn't imagine giving up either one.
Philosophicaly I pursue sex for pleasure, while I dive for enjoyment. I think pleasure is temporary but enjoyment enriches my life. Though this question does not encompass the enjoyment that a GOOD relationship with your islandmate might bring.

#96 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

Philosophicaly I pursue sex for pleasure, while I dive for enjoyment. I think pleasure is temporary but enjoyment enriches my life. Though this question does not encompass the enjoyment that a GOOD relationship with your islandmate might bring.

Very nice answer, Ndepth. :cheerleader:

BTW, seeing as this is your first post... :diver: to SD!

#97 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

I was more concerned you were trying to include me :cool2:

Eric

If you READ the original post?????
This was about two people of the OPPOSITE sex, You do differentiate the sexes, right?
Strange you keep bringing this up??
Oh never mind, I think you may be cut from a different dress, whoops I mean cloth, than me. :cool2:

While we try to stay "on topic" and answer the original post, often we do manage to "get led astray" just a bit. The twists and turns our threads take can end up in with a little bit of FRIENDLY banter that is in no way meant to be offensive, just fun.

In this instance I think someone stated it would depend on who, and you replied with something like "after awhile it wouldn't matter." But, it's now become evident that it WOULD matter otherwise one might find themselves in a situation they wouldn't want to go home and tell mom about. :lmao:

You kind of left yourself wide open with your initial comment. We've all done it and learned to how to cover our tails quickly afterward. No harm intended with the resulting comments.

Welcome to the board!

Edited by Twinklez, 07 February 2006 - 07:40 PM.

#98 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

i will keep the "brokeback" comments to myself.......... :cool2:

#99 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

Just don't show up on a dive trip wearing neoprene chaps.....

Eric

#100 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Just don't show up on a dive trip wearing neoprene chaps.....

Eric

:cool2: :lmao: :lmao:

#101 obakesan

obakesan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:NAUI Course Director, TDI Instructor - CCR Diver
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

Assuming I have some sort of relationship with my island mate, then even though I love diving it will have to go! :cool2: Of course if I was stuck with my ex then diving would be the only option anyways :cool2:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." :bandit2:

#102 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:42 AM

While reading through this topic, it has made me think back a few months to compare the two options. I live in North Texas and have only had the ability to dive Texas lakes and rivers. If you are from this area, you already know the typical conditions of these sites. Cold and murky or shallow and fast moving. Which also resemble a good portion of the women in North Texas. With that being said, it made me think of how close these two acts really are to each other. Both can be lots of fun with the right partner, or a major chore if you have a bad partner. Lets not forget the application of rubber for protection, whether its neoprene or ....
And lets not forget the extra "add-on's" that can make both acts more enjoyable. And technically you can perform both with out a partner. So now back to the question, with the "data" collected over the past say 6 month's I can't make my mind up either way, both have been rather lacking in my opinion. A good experience in either would possibly sway the opinion.

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:04 PM

How true...and what a great analogy...no wonder I can't give up diving! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users