• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SEXY MUSIC!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#31 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

It was a great concert, I bet you would have liked the scorpians concert as well, the only thing is I couldn't hear right for 3 days after that one. I also just saw Depeche mode at the Patriot Center a few months ago, that was very good as well! And yes Wreckgoddess you are very much appreciated!

Which end is up?

#32 ScubaPaul

ScubaPaul

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

Ok, I'm either going to date myself or expose a very eclectic mix of songs...but first, i want to preface my list with the fact that sexy and romantic can be one and the same, but not necessarily (confused yet?)!

Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
Reasons - Earth, Wind & Fire
Just to Be Close to You - The Commodores
You and Me - Lifehouse
I'm in the mood - Alabama
Wicked game - Chris Isaak
I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
I'm Feeling You - Santana/Michelle Branch

When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"
--Sydney J. Harris

We will find only what we look for, nothing more and nothing less.
--unknown

#33 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

Ok, I'm either going to date myself or expose a very eclectic mix of songs...but first, i want to preface my list with the fact that sexy and romantic can be one and the same, but not necessarily (confused yet?)!

Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
Reasons - Earth, Wind & Fire
Just to Be Close to You - The Commodores
You and Me - Lifehouse
I'm in the mood - Alabama
Wicked game - Chris Isaak
I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
I'm Feeling You - Santana/Michelle Branch

OOOOOHHHHHH.....want a date..oh wait...your on the other side of the continent :unsure:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#34 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Depends ... one of the sexiest things I've seen is a girl strip to Rob Zombie's "Go To California."
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#35 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

May sound funny, but check out a band from the UK called Morcheeba. The beats and the rythm (sp!) will get anybodys motor runnin..... :P
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#36 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

aww.. how nice to be appreciated.
Ddierolf--I'll go check it out.

I thought I would add a few lyrics!

For those that like Rammstein:
Du Hast
You
You hate
You hate me
You hate me to say
You hate me to say
And I did not obey

Will you until death does sever
Be upright to her forever

NEVER!

Will you 'til death be her rider
Her lover too, to stay inside her

NEVER!

My sons are big Rammstein fans, and two speak German - not fluent, but enough. Funny because last time I was together with Steven and Wes we had a little discussion about this song and what it actually means. First they pointed out that Du Hast can mean either "you hate" or "you have." Just simply making that change in the lyrics you posted gives the song a whole new meaning. Then they pointed out that Rammstein has produced approximately 7 different versions of this song where the lyrics are concerned and have found interpretations of those versions on the internet. What they haven't found is an explanation from Rammstein about the meaning that is intended - maybe there isn't one specific one. Wes said he thinks they want the listener to have their own interpretation and thus the variations and ambiguity.

Yes, I do listen to Rammstein - when my sons are listening to Rammstein.

Now Depeche...that's a whole different story. Would love to see them in concert.

Edited by Twinklez, 10 April 2006 - 06:13 PM.

#37 tracker

tracker

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:18

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:32 PM

I've been hangin' out mostly, but being a musician (hobby) I must weigh in here.
Pink Floyd........genius, all good
Prince..............sexual energy at it's finest. Fav: Raspberry Beret, Darling Nikki.

Alan Jackson and Allison Crouse...Angels Cried
I have a recording and I don't know the female voice, but, she sings Ava Maria and makes me melt.
Sade still gets me in a good mood.

Oh yeah, and can anyone fill me in on the female who sang "Summertime?" Don't have the recording anymore.

Mostly I agree with drbill that I don't usually like music at that[i]time, because I like to focus on the task at hand, but, some music just makes you feel good, and , isn't that what it's all about? I like the natural music made, don't think all the bells and whistles are necessary.

#38 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:36 PM

<snip>
Oh yeah, and can anyone fill me in on the female who sang "Summertime?" <snip>

Which one?? The list is long! (My personal faves are Ella Fitzgerald and Janis Joplin.)

#39 tracker

tracker

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:09 PM

<snip>

Which one?? The list is long! (My personal faves are Ella Fitzgerald and Janis Joplin.)

I downloaded it from a music site so don't have the title saved but it is an opera version.

#40 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

<snip>

I downloaded it from a music site so don't have the title saved but it is an opera version.

Hmmm... try allmusic.com. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist! :birthday:

(I'd be most curious to hear this version... Summertime is one of my all-time faves!)

#41 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

May sound funny, but check out a band from the UK called Morcheeba. The beats and the rythm (sp!) will get anybodys motor runnin..... :birthday:

I'm a fan of Morcheeba too!

#42 tracker

tracker

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:05 AM

<snip>

Hmmm... try allmusic.com. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist! :birthday:

(I'd be most curious to hear this version... Summertime is one of my all-time faves!)

Well, I found it in my itunes library. I don't know the vocalist, but it's the Beethoven classical version. I'm not sure I can link to it. I also found another song called Harbor Lights by The Platters.

#43 born2dive67

born2dive67

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:open water, deep water, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:14 mostly class dives with 3 fun dives

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

hmmm honestly for me there is no sexy music.

romantic yes Enya, Egnigma, some Foreigner, some Scorpians, Tim McGraws-dont take the girl.

#44 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

Enigma, Enya and some R&B.

Just hearing Enigma brings back all sorts of memories and well, game over at that point( mind slides off into, well you know)

Enya is NOT sexy music. She sings beautifully, the melodies are beutiful but it all envokes a mood of peacfulness not sexiness.

Now, maybe the idea of having a woman that can produce that kind of beauty is sexy to a man (like dating a ballerina or classical musician) but the music itself doesn't make me think sexy - but beauty & there is a difference

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 04 July 2006 - 05:06 PM.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#45 Jazzdiver

Jazzdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue + Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

There is so much good music out there, that I'd very hard pressed to single anything out before something else comes along and I think "oh yeahh.....that's really a great, sexy song too". But, whether instrumental or with vocals, I quite often find Latin music to be what I find the sexiest, for the mix of energy and sensuality so often found in it. Take that and add in beauty and great physical energy of one of my personal favorite performers, Shakira, and you have what I find sexiest for me.

And yet, what is truly sexy is when "me" is not a factor as much as "us", and for that, romance is also part of the equation. As much as I enjoy the crooners such as Marvin Gay, Luther Vandross, and others of their ilk, what stands out most for me is just some really great, seductive jazz saxophone playing by Richard Elliott. Most notably, the song that is in and of itself a great song but which takes on a new vibe when Richard performs it, is "When A Man Loves A Woman". As he really gets into that song and slows the notes toward the end with a deep, lusty breathing through his sax, crouching down low on the floor and leaning back, you're left thinking that he's basically making love with his sax. The mood he creates with that style of playing, when shared with someone special next to you....well, you're left with an urge to get the heck out of the venue and off to somewhere that the vibes can be explored on a different level. Then, music that is ethereal and non-invasive on the mood is a welcome change, for which I think the music of Enigma is hard to beat.

Daryl
Life has no meaning without depth!
I get high by going down.
Dive SAFE!

the only thing better than diving in life, is women! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users