• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SEXY MUSIC!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#46 JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>50

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

I agree about Morcheeba ....

To that I add:

Lamb
The Wedding Present
Pulp
Afghan Whigs / The Twilight Singers

I agree with what Vanessa is saying. It needs an element of darkness to be sexy. (Though I'm not a NuMetal banger like V). Enya makes me want to walk on a rocky beach in Ireland, not get it on. And Color Me Badd makes me want to commit savage acts of violence upon the band members themselves, which is definitely not sexy.

In the moment of truth, my go-to disc remains Chicane: Behind the Sun. Saying that gives an unfair advantage to the women of Single Divers. If they are ever in my apartment and hear that music start, now they know to start running for the door.

#47 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

Enya is NOT sexy music. She sings beautifully, the melodies are beutiful but it all envokes a mood of peacfulness not sexiness.

Now, maybe the idea of having a woman that can produce that kind of beauty is sexy to a man (like dating a ballerina or classical musician) but the music itself doesn't make me think sexy - but beauty & there is a difference

Remember the saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"? I believe the concept of that statement would apply when defining sexy. It's all relative to the person making the determination. Some men are turned on by a woman talking dirty to them; others prefer a soft spoken woman whispering sweet romantic words of adoration.

This will cause some confusion...

I love feeling sexy; but I hate being called sexy. There's some logic behind that - honest there is. The way a man looks at me, touches me and the things he says (maybe a whisper about how my skin feels next to his...) can make me feel sexy and therefore I behave in a more sexy way. It's like a snowball. On the other hand, a man calling me "sexy" especially before things even reach that point makes me feel as though the physical part of a situation is all that's really on his mind...total turn off!

Now back to the music...

So if your defination of sexy is different from someone else's, then certainly the same music will produce different feelings and emotions for each of us. Just as some feel a woman with her boobs practically falling out of her blouse is sexy and others believe a woman who leaves a little more to the imagination is sexy; your defination of sexy may be smothered with romance or it may simply be overflowing with hormones.

I like blues...old timey blues mostly...you know... "come on over here baby..." blues - a man's voice deep and low maybe even a slight rasp or a woman with a sultry sound. Nora Jones can be a very sexy singer. But it's certainly not the only thing that will get me charged up.

Edited by Twinklez, 08 July 2006 - 11:31 AM.

#48 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:56 AM

#1 get it on song of all time . . .envelope please . . . Marvin Gaye: Let's Get It On! (applause)
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#49 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:28 AM

Although I truly enjoy "getting in the mood" with a lovely lady by listening to music (the sound track from "A Man and a Woman" comes to mind), I greatly prefer it when WE are "making beautiful music" together on our own!

Of course the last time I was with a wonderful woman listening to anything remotely romantic and feeling the same was.... ah.... er... um... I can't remember!

#50 run2cuffs

run2cuffs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

It truly all depends the setting if I am looking for a good sound to grove to and get turned on I would go with something like Sean Paul - Connection Feat. Nina Sky

For something a little slower and sensual I think that John Mayer

#51 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:17 AM

Jack White of The White Stripes recently formed a new band called "The Raconteurs". I highly recommend their CD as something to listen to with a special someone. It is very bluesy at times, and at other times, has a Lennonesque sound.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#52 run2cuffs

run2cuffs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:20 AM

In that case just go with some Bow Bise

#53 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:13 AM

Enya is NOT sexy music. She sings beautifully, the melodies are beutiful but it all envokes a mood of peacfulness not sexiness.

Now, maybe the idea of having a woman that can produce that kind of beauty is sexy to a man (like dating a ballerina or classical musician) but the music itself doesn't make me think sexy - but beauty & there is a difference

Remember the saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"? I believe the concept of that statement would apply when defining sexy. It's all relative to the person making the determination. Some men are turned on by a woman talking dirty to them; others prefer a soft spoken woman whispering sweet romantic words of adoration.

This will cause some confusion...

I love feeling sexy; but I hate being called sexy. There's some logic behind that - honest there is. The way a man looks at me, touches me and the things he says (maybe a whisper about how my skin feels next to his...) can make me feel sexy and therefore I behave in a more sexy way. It's like a snowball. On the other hand, a man calling me "sexy" especially before things even reach that point makes me feel as though the physical part of a situation is all that's really on his mind...total turn off!

Now back to the music...

So if your defination of sexy is different from someone else's, then certainly the same music will produce different feelings and emotions for each of us. Just as some feel a woman with her boobs practically falling out of her blouse is sexy and others believe a woman who leaves a little more to the imagination is sexy; your defination of sexy may be smothered with romance or it may simply be overflowing with hormones.

I like blues...old timey blues mostly...you know... "come on over here baby..." blues - a man's voice deep and low maybe even a slight rasp or a woman with a sultry sound. Nora Jones can be a very sexy singer. But it's certainly not the only thing that will get me charged up.

I didn't want to get into "eye of the beholder" or definitional meaning of something like this, but all you've done is support my statement.

I love Enya; the sound is nothing short of the sound of an angel, and yes, perhaps some men find angels SEXY rather than a hussy with her boobs hangin out, but that form of sexy is thus a form of BEAUTY. One just has to understand the ancient greeks to understand what I'm trying to say
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#54 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:16 AM

#1 get it on song of all time . . .envelope please . . . Marvin Gaye: Let's Get It On! (applause)

How funny! You know, another good one for the record is: "Wild Sex in the Working Class" by Oingo Boingo :)

***do ya get it???***hehehehe :hiya:

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 12 September 2006 - 11:03 PM.

#55 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

I didn't want to get into "eye of the beholder" or definitional meaning of something like this, but all you've done is support my statement.

I love Enya; the sound is nothing short of the sound of an angel, and yes, perhaps some men find angels SEXY rather than a hussy with her boobs hangin out, but that form of sexy is thus a form of BEAUTY. One just has to understand the ancient greeks to understand what I'm trying to say

Again, back to the eye of the beholder...some men do get charged up by innocense and purity; some don't. What form that takes depends on the person. Because you look it as beauty doesn't men the guy with the bulge beneath his zipper does; and if he does it doesn't mean that he can't also view it as sexy...someone or something can be beautiful and sexy at the same time.

The world has and needs all kinds...just like some people get excited at the thought of whips and chains, others a romp under the stars, or satin and lace, or maybe even neoprene. I'm sure the moods produced by music for each of us vary from tune to tune and person to person just the same.

Music in and of itself does not produce a sexy feeling for me; though it certainly add to the ambiance when in the company of the right man.

Last I knew the ancient greeks hadn't cornered the market on beauty, love or sex. They may have had passion and some interesting ideas, but they had nothing that can't be found in each and everyone of our hearts and souls. No need to have an understanding of anyone or anything other than what's in your own heart to know what makes you feel the things you feel.

My statement is my opinion. It is not my intent to support, substantiate, dispell, or disagree with the opinions of anyone else. I'm simply adding my own unique thoughts, feelings and content to the thread.

#56 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

I don't know about romantic, but as far as "sexy" the two songs that really get me going lately are "Animal" by Nickelback and "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry. Can't explain in words why. Just really hot songs.

Edited by piscesgirl, 23 July 2006 - 07:54 PM.

OH WHATEVER!!

#57 novicediver

novicediver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Logged Dives:19

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

Righteous Brothers singing Unchained Melody. If that dont weaken your knees there is something wrong with you. As for most of the stuff listed by you people,,,,neva heard of it. Maybe if my dive lights didnt take all my batteries, I could put some in my radio and get up to date but why? Unchained Melody is the best of the best.

#58 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:21 PM

Righteous Brothers singing Unchained Melody. If that dont weaken your knees there is something wrong with you. As for most of the stuff listed by you people,,,,neva heard of it. Maybe if my dive lights didnt take all my batteries, I could put some in my radio and get up to date but why? Unchained Melody is the best of the best.

All that song does is make me cry. But in a good way. Can't listen to it without picturing Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore in "Ghost". :)
OH WHATEVER!!

#59 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

Again, back to the eye of the beholder...some men do get charged up by innocense and purity; some don't. What form that takes depends on the person. Because you look it as beauty doesn't men the guy with the bulge beneath his zipper does; and if he does it doesn't mean that he can't also view it as sexy...someone or something can be beautiful and sexy at the same time.

The world has and needs all kinds...just like some people get excited at the thought of whips and chains, others a romp under the stars, or satin and lace, or maybe even neoprene. I'm sure the moods produced by music for each of us vary from tune to tune and person to person just the same.

Music in and of itself does not produce a sexy feeling for me; though it certainly add to the ambiance when in the company of the right man.

Last I knew the ancient greeks hadn't cornered the market on beauty, love or sex. They may have had passion and some interesting ideas, but they had nothing that can't be found in each and everyone of our hearts and souls. No need to have an understanding of anyone or anything other than what's in your own heart to know what makes you feel the things you feel.

My statement is my opinion. It is not my intent to support, substantiate, dispell, or disagree with the opinions of anyone else. I'm simply adding my own unique thoughts, feelings and content to the thread.

And that is what message boards are for :)

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 23 July 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#60 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

I don't know about romantic, but as far as "sexy" the two songs that really get me going lately are "Animal" by Nickelback and "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry. Can't explain in words why. Just really hot songs.

SWEET! Another Buckcherry fan!! And just how awesome is the new CD?!? I think my favorite cut (right now, anyway) is Next 2 You.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users