• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SEXY MUSIC!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

True ... but then again I like ALL of Johnny Cash's covers better. His cover of U2's One is jawdropping.

Yeah, he did a good job on that one, and Nine Inch Nails "Hurt"
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#107 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

I like all of Johnny Cash's music, period. :lmao: As far as haunting music goes, ya gotta love anything by Enigma. At least I do.

And Jamie, I'm gonna miss the Staind show :twist: I waited to long to get tickets and they sold out. :) Luckily I've seen them before, but I REALLY wanted to see the other three bands. Oh well.
OH WHATEVER!!

#108 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

I like all of Johnny Cash's music, period. :D As far as haunting music goes, ya gotta love anything by Enigma. At least I do.

And Jamie, I'm gonna miss the Staind show :thankyou: I waited to long to get tickets and they sold out. :banghead: Luckily I've seen them before, but I REALLY wanted to see the other three bands. Oh well.

There's always eBay!

My next one'll be Mushroomhead at the Whisky-a-go-go next month. The new CD's just OK, but their old material is SO strong.

BTW, have you picked up the new Lamb of God CD, Sacrament? I think I'm wearing it out in my CD changer!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#109 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

I never got into Lamb of God. Don't know any of their stuff. But I'll check out some of it on Napster or I-Tunes if you say they're good. Discovered a new band this weekend (at least for me). Called "30 Seconds To Mars" or is it From Mars? Anyway, it's Jared Leto's band. They're pretty good.
OH WHATEVER!!

#110 Motown Cheesehead

Motown Cheesehead

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Wreck
  • Logged Dives:about 40? (my log book is packed)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

The biggest CD of the century is coming out in November...."The Pick of Destiny" by Tenacious D. Of course, this is the soundtrack to their new movie. Tenacious D will "Rock your socks off"....

I just downloaded the CD by Gnarls Barkley off iTunes. Not too bad. Being from Detroit, I'm intersted in listening to the new Bob Seger CD. Also need to download the new Evanescence as well. Every listened to Guster? They have a pretty unique sound (although not as much on their latest CD).

Also...for a mix of the funny, yet oddly good...check out the CD by William Shatner called "Has Been". It's funny how good it actually sounds (the CD was arranged and produced by Ben Folds). 5 of the songs feature him with other artists...Ben Folds/Aimee Mann, Brad Paisely, Henry Rollins, Joe Jackson and Lemon Jelly.

This has been a good thread to check out new music. My music ranges from Metallica to Kid Rock to Ben Folds. I'm a junkie for live music and pretty much will check out any live show (except country). I think bands that are great live make it in my book. Bands that sound good in the studio, but can't pull it off live don't get the nod from me (such as Smashing Pumpkins).

Also - for a good mix of blues, soul and rock check out Tina and the B-Sides. She's got soul and is the ultimate in sexiness to me for a midwest girl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users