• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SEXY MUSIC!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:25 PM

SWEET! Another Buckcherry fan!! And just how awesome is the new CD?!? I think my favorite cut (right now, anyway) is Next 2 You.

Yes, we are few and far between. I don't have the CD yet, but if the rest of it is as good as Crazy Bitch, I'm gonna love it! Next to you is a good one too? Hmmm, may have to download it and give a listen :lmao:

Edited by piscesgirl, 25 July 2006 - 09:26 PM.

OH WHATEVER!!

#62 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:33 AM

SWEET! Another Buckcherry fan!! And just how awesome is the new CD?!? I think my favorite cut (right now, anyway) is Next 2 You.

Yes, we are few and far between. I don't have the CD yet, but if the rest of it is as good as Crazy Bitch, I'm gonna love it! Next to you is a good one too? Hmmm, may have to download it and give a listen :fish2:

While you're at it, the other songs I really like from that disk that you might download are So Far, Out of Line, Onset, Sunshine, and Broken Glass.

If you like them, you might also like The Stereophonics. They had a song a while back that was used in a Nissan X-Terra commercial. Also The Donnas, who oddly enough also had a song in a Nissan commercial!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#63 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the tip. Maybe it's easier to just go buy the CD with so many great recommendations? LOL I think I have heard of the Stereophonics, if not an actual song. And I have heard the Donna's before, but can't recall song title. I tend to listen to more of the indie/punk/rock bands that nobody's ever heard of. Then all of a sudden they get a song on top-40 radio play and everyone loves this "new" band that I have been listening to for years. Makes me laugh.
OH WHATEVER!!

#64 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Yeah I can so relate. I also love that kind of music. Most of what I listen to my best friend describes as "a washing machine full of pissed-off cats falling down a wooden staircase." At this moment, my ears are buzzin' to Chimaira's Impossibility of Reason, but my favorite band of all time is Tool.

The Donnas song you probably have heard is called Fall Behind Me from the Gold Medal CD. I think it may also have been in an X-Terra ad. The folks over at Chiat/Day Advertising must be looking over my CD library. I can't wait 'til I hear some Killswitch Engage or Lamb of God or As I Lay Dying in one of their commercials!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#65 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

KSG Sexy Music?

By Groups

Micheal Bolton
Phil Collins
Gloria Estifon
Simply Red
Fine Young Canibals
Cool and the Gang
Ambrosia
Little River Band

Ummmm well thats a few!

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#66 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

KSE Sexy Music?
B2B

C'mon, Bubs! Is there any more romantic song than either Rose of Sharyn or End of Heartache?
:cheerleader:

#67 tonyinasia

tonyinasia

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:212

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

When I was young, I followed advice from the move 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and attempted to romance a young lady with Led Zeppelin III. Did not work. Found it too difficult to kiss her softly while my head was banging to the music.......... Great album though.

While in college, during a session of heavy petting with Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True playing in the background, I broke from a french kiss to sing along with 'Allison'. Never saw that coed again........ Still sing along with the song Allison to this very day.

Experience (whether real or imagined) has shown that the following are romantically inclined. Either that, or it's the fact that I can't bang my head or sing along with any of them:

Anita Baker - Rapture
Shawn Colvin - Steady On
Marc Cohn - Marc Cohn
KD Lang - Ingenue

and when cuddling:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

And if you could play one song over and over, try 'Pretty Girl' from Eric Clapton's album 'Money and Cigarettes'. Simply awesome - although this song is better suited after you've become a bit more serious. It's a bit overwhelming.

grins.....................

#68 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:39 PM

tonyinasia

attempted to romance a young lady with Led Zeppelin III. Did not work. Found it too difficult to kiss her softly while my head was banging to the music..........

I understand ..been there done that :birthday:

Good pic
Anita Baker - Rapture

Thanks for the memories :blush:

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#69 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I can so relate. I also love that kind of music. Most of what I listen to my best friend describes as "a washing machine full of pissed-off cats falling down a wooden staircase." At this moment, my ears are buzzin' to Chimaira's Impossibility of Reason, but my favorite band of all time is Tool.

The Donnas song you probably have heard is called Fall Behind Me from the Gold Medal CD. I think it may also have been in an X-Terra ad. The folks over at Chiat/Day Advertising must be looking over my CD library. I can't wait 'til I hear some Killswitch Engage or Lamb of God or As I Lay Dying in one of their commercials!

Oh man! I love TOOL! My absolute favorite band (right now anyway) is Foo Fighters. And I get the "cat-washing machine" thing too. My friends say I must be an angry person to listen to that stuff. They don't get it, huh? Some other faves are Staind, Trapt, Vandals, MXPX, Less Than Jake, Korn, and on and on....I'm psyched because in 2 weeks we got Ozzfest down here in SoFL. WooHoo! System of a Down and Disturbed are headliners, plus Black Label Society. :canuckdiver: :canada: :teeth: :P
OH WHATEVER!!

#70 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

My wife and I flew to Phoenix a couple of months ago to see Tool at tiny Gammage Hall. The show was great! Have you seen them before? The graphics for the new songs at that stage in the tour seemed like they needed some work, but I'm hoping that when I see them in September at Staples Center they'll have that fixed. By the way, did you know that Maynard owns and operates a winery in Arizona, just outside of Sedona?

Make sure you don't miss Lacuna Coil when you go to Ozzfest! The lineup this year I think is a little weak compared to past years but you'll have to let me know what you think.

My wife doesn't get this at all, she calls it "hate music" ... which I guess is accurate when I'm listening to Hatebreed!

#71 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

No, I have not seen Tool yet, but they are supposed to come here in the fall I think. I am supposed to see Staind, Three Days Grace ,and Hinder in Sept at Hard Rock Live. Should be a good one too.

I have heard many good things about Lacuna Coil, so they were already on my "check it out" list. I will be most diligent in my listening/hang banging duties to be able to provide you with a full report. :banghead:

My friends call it hate music too. Which, I guess if you listen to some of the lyrics, they're right. But to me a good song is a good song, period. I have turned more than a few to the dark side, though. :laugh:
OH WHATEVER!!

#72 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

No, I have not seen Tool yet, but they are supposed to come here in the fall I think. I am supposed to see Staind, Three Days Grace ,and Hinder in Sept at Hard Rock Live. Should be a good one too.

I have heard many good things about Lacuna Coil, so they were already on my "check it out" list. I will be most diligent in my listening/hang banging duties to be able to provide you with a full report. :banghead:

My friends call it hate music too. Which, I guess if you listen to some of the lyrics, they're right. But to me a good song is a good song, period. I have turned more than a few to the dark side, though. :bam:

OK, Jennifer ... you have to get the new Powerman 5000 CD that came out today. It is ROCKIN'! Also, we get brand new Mushroomhead on September 19th.
http://www.mushroomh...com/ecard1.html

#73 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

OK, Jennifer ... you have to get the new Powerman 5000 CD that came out today. It is ROCKIN'! Also, we get brand new Mushroomhead on September 19th.
http://www.mushroomh...com/ecard1.html

Ok. I admit it. You got me on those two. Who the heck are they??
OH WHATEVER!!

#74 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

As I was reading the threads I was trying to think of the name of the song... Crazy Bitch. What a hot song!

Also:

Dave Matthews Band (he has such a sexy voice and his lyrics)
Jamiroquai
Train
Maroon 5
Some good techno songs, I'll Fly Away is one of my favs

and of course, there are about a zillion 80's songs that get me from the really cheesy to Guns'n Roses

#75 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

And I forgot Evanescence. Her voice is creepy, yet sexy. Such a great sound and I love their new song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users