• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Freaky Friday

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:20 PM

Mine happened today even though it is Saturday. I was doing another project in my garden. A couple of weeks ago I dumped half a bag of mulch in an area. Today I finished pulling the weeds and dumped the other half. I was moving it around the plants and saw something out of place - a dead rat. Guess the thing I thought were moles and trying to poison turned out to be a rat who crawled into the bag of mulch and couldn't get out. EcKKKKKKKK
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#17 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

I don't do spiders or snakes.....got a fire call to assisst the resident with a snake in the living room...good thing it is not a one person fire station or she woul of been SOL.. I called in and said I could not respond...no need to make the situation worse....
who's leading this parade anyway?

#18 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

CLOWNS!! Hate em! I think of serial killers or pedophiles. (sorry if anyone is a clown, I know that 99% are good people they just make the hair on the back of my neck stand up)
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#19 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

CLOWNS!! Hate em! I think of serial killers or pedophiles. (sorry if anyone is a clown, I know that 99% are good people they just make the hair on the back of my neck stand up)

So funny! My oldest son has always hated clowns too and for the very same reason. Even as a child they scared him terribly. Then when he was a teenager there was a movie that had a killer clown in it and he hated that movie...he was a big guy as a teenager and not much scared him, but that movie did.

#20 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:05 AM

There's not much that freaks me out. Being buried alive. Now that is a freak out that would probably cause me to have a heart attack.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#21 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

Handling raw chicken seriously freaks me out. I hate the way it feels, looks, smells....and I can never completely wash it all off of me or my cutting boards. My solution? I just don't cook!!

Spiders also freak me out. Problem is I can't kill them because I did one time (in a brave attempt to protect my 2 yr old neice) and it apparently had a sack of babies because the next thing I knew there were hundreds of baby spiders running in every direction. I still get the heebie jeebies when I think about it!

Oh, and the Picasso triggerfish that tried to eat me in Kona. They have bigger teeth than my chihuahua!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#22 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

Snakes! Especially snakes at dive sites!!!!! :D
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#23 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:52 PM

I hear the immersion method will help cure anyone of their phobias. Like you hate snakes?? get buried in them..... me... I have a fear of neekid male models.... I'm looking for the immersion method to cure it!
Sempar Partus!!

#24 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:14 PM

I hear the immersion method will help cure anyone of their phobias. Like you hate snakes?? get buried in them..... me... I have a fear of neekid male models.... I'm looking for the immersion method to cure it!

:D :P :lmao: I'll still pass on the snakes....
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#25 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Ditto on the spiders. Needles freak me out, or I should say syringes - after 15 piercings and 5 tattoos, the needle doesn't bother me.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#26 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

My company has ammended the dress code to allow for open toed shoes and lycra/spandex

so, does this mean I can wear my flip-flops and dive skin to work?? :D

I guess you could say I have a phobia of people wearing spandex to work who really shouldn't...thank God I'm starting vacation this time next week!

#27 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

AAACkkkk my eyes my eyes!!! Somehow you've reminded me of another thing that freaks me out - TEENY TINY DOGS, the ones that shiver and look like they are: freezing, terrified, starving, and could break. Now some of you may have these dogs, and that's fine, but they freak me out. I'm afraid I'll step on them.

Same things with newborns! Why do people insist that single people without children hoild their newborns? I don't know how to hold a newborn!!! "What? You don't want to hold my beautiful new baby?" "Um no." Too much stress, I tell you!!! :P

#28 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

That's why I have big dogs!! I don't have to worry about breaking them and they make really good pillows while watching TV!

When my nephew was born, my brother asked me if I wanted to hold him...then he adds "but don't drop him!!"

talk about pressure!

#29 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

So funny! My oldest son has always hated clowns too and for the very same reason. Even as a child they scared him terribly. Then when he was a teenager there was a movie that had a killer clown in it and he hated that movie...he was a big guy as a teenager and not much scared him, but that movie did.

"Killer Clowns From Outer Space" and Steven Kings "It". Now those are some creepy movie clowns. Tell your son he's not alone.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#30 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

Snakes! Especially snakes at dive sites!!!!! :P

Snakes and worms...something about the way they move creeps me out too.

But the creepiest thing I ever saw was a garbage can in my garage covered with maggots. They must have all hatched after I put the garbabe out the day before. Thousands of them were squirming all over the can in every direction. It was all I could do to get close enough to spray them with bleach, but they just kept on squirming anyway. Finally the next day they were all dried up.

I haven't eaten rice since that happened?
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users