• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Freaky Friday

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

Woodticks and clowns are what freak me out. I've pulled a couple ticks out of my dog this spring and can hardly get to the toilet fast enough to flush it. I HATE the bloody things!!

The clowns.....that's a long story.....has to do with my birthday party when I was about 8. Not a pretty sight.

#47 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

Have I mentioned filling tanks freak me out!!!? :wakawaka:

And I think we are all in the same camp with clowns. Clowns took on a whole freaky theme with the mini-series IT (Tim Curry was simply fabulously scarey) and then there was this one sci fi movie....I catch those every "once" in a while - Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#48 Blondie

Blondie

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

I get freaked out when I have to go into a crawl space under the house. Crawl through a small opening on your belly, come face to face with a creepy crawley (snake, spider, what ever the heck that ugly furry thing is), so you try to raise up and move back and get a nail in your head, now you've dropped the flashlight, try to reach it and ouch nail in the shoulder this time. It looks like I've been in a fight by the time I get back out.
Skye

#49 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:53 PM

Woodticks and clowns are what freak me out.
The clowns.....that's a long story.....has to do with my birthday party when I was about 8. Not a pretty sight.

clowns are frickin evil incarnate and much be eradicated.

evil evil evil.

and yeah, Stephen King's book "IT" didn't help.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#50 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

hey Brad, good to see you flying your freak flag... :cheerleader:

BIG HUGE BROWN SPIDERS are taking over my house right now. Now don't get me wrong, I actually think spiders are pretty darn cool, but these things are HUGE!! I have no clue what kind of spiders they are - anyone on SD know a bit about spiders? If so, I'll describe these for you.....*shudder*
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#51 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

Mmmmmm....raisins are great! I love them on my salad, and especially love to eat chocolate covered raisins. Even if they do look like bugs! :teeth:

or like rabbit doo-doo!

Fish eyes, eggs, and snails...now those freak me out! Cow tongue....blech!

Hmmmm, cow tongue.... hmmmm, mmmmmh!

:diver:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#52 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:26 PM

Biting into something that is supposed to be soft and finding something oddly chewey! Posted Image

Biting into an apple and finding half a worm??? :teeth:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#53 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:28 PM

The Portland Rose Festival is underway and the Fleet just arrived. Our waterfront is lined with an activities village and reminded me of another thing that freaks me out....

Carnies!

#54 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

Freaky Friday...watching a spider creep past you UNDERWATER while you are teaching in a chlorinated pool!!

#55 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

Hefeweizen Beer - I don't like chunks of stuff to be floating around in my beer!

#56 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

Roaches, especially flying palmetto bugs. I run in the other direction at Olympic-medal qualifying speeds. bad experience as a child. One landed on me. EWWWWWW!!!
OH WHATEVER!!

#57 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Top Five Things that Freak Me Out.

5. Reaching into garbage disposal to fish something out.

4. My own spit on my own regulator.

3. The crack between the floor and the elevator

2. Disney's Electric Light Parade

1. The King.

#58 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:06 AM

5. Reaching into garbage disposal to fish something out.

3. The crack between the floor and the elevator

:thankyou: I shivered reading those two!!!

#59 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:51 PM

Here's another: my dog staring at something on the ceiling/wall when I know there is nothing there. Makes me creepy thinking she can see something/someone I can't.
OH WHATEVER!!

#60 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

Speaking of creepy - what about those odd noises your house makes at the worst hours. I swear it sounded like someone was milling about my loft last night when I was downstairs. :angel2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users