• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

:cheerleader: Hey WW Was great talking with ya today....Wow! I am a premier member! :cool1:
My Check is in the mail for Roatan! I am rooming with the crab! YeaH! :cheerleader:

Awesome talking to you on the phone as well and we are THRILLED you are a new premier member as well! And even more that you are joining us for this trip! The price is right...the time is great and the island will be full of singles!!!

Got you on the Check in the Mail list! This will be great!

Talked to 2 more folks on the phone and they may be getting the last spots...we'll need to get your deposits in to finalize your spot! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

:cheerleader: Are there only 10 spots available for this trip, as shown in the intro thread? There are also more interested divers than spots available. I understand spots are granted a first-come, first-serve basis. But are more spots going to open up? I'm trying to hold out on better airfare before I commit to this trip :cheerleader: , so I hope for another 10 spots. :cool1: BTW, has anyone priced out of EWR under $1K? :thankyou:

Yes I have gotten some more spots! WOO!!! HOO!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#93 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:01 AM

:wavey: Are there only 10 spots available for this trip, as shown in the intro thread? There are also more interested divers than spots available. I understand spots are granted a first-come, first-serve basis. But are more spots going to open up? I'm trying to hold out on better airfare before I commit to this trip :banghead: , so I hope for another 10 spots. :) BTW, has anyone priced out of EWR under $1K? :-D

:thankyou: Well in that case, please put me down as interested! :angry:

An airfare update: On Continental out of EWR (their hub), flights are either $858 or $1050 before taxes. Out of LGA/JFK on Continental, it's $830 or $899 b/t and lowest fare is Taca for $728 b/t on Orbitz. :cool1: Much better!!!! I think I'm going to hold out another week to see what fares look like then. If there's a flight below the $800 threshold after taxes, I'll book it immediately and confirm via post.

#94 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

Got_air:
That sounds like a plan to me too! I also will fly out of the NY area and indeed the lowest fares I found were with with TACA.... keep me on interested just a little bit longer if possible, please. :wavey:

The agency i referred to a few messages back also has comparable good fares from the NYC area.....

Fingers crossed!!! :cool1:

:-D Are there only 10 spots available for this trip, as shown in the intro thread? There are also more interested divers than spots available. I understand spots are granted a first-come, first-serve basis. But are more spots going to open up? I'm trying to hold out on better airfare before I commit to this trip :banghead: , so I hope for another 10 spots. :) BTW, has anyone priced out of EWR under $1K? :-D

An airfare update: On Continental out of EWR (their hub), flights are either $858 or $1050 before taxes. Out of LGA/JFK on Continental, it's $830 or $899 b/t and lowest fare is Taca for $728 b/t on Orbitz. :) Much better!!!! I think I'm going to hold out another week to see what fares look like then. If there's a flight below the $800 threshold after taxes, I'll book it immediately and confirm via post.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#95 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

Got_air:
That sounds like a plan to me too! I also will fly out of the NY area and indeed the lowest fares I found were with with TACA.... keep me on interested just a little bit longer if possible, please. :cool1:

The agency i referred to a few messages back also has comparable good fares from the NYC area.....

Fingers crossed!!! :-D

:) Are there only 10 spots available for this trip, as shown in the intro thread? There are also more interested divers than spots available. I understand spots are granted a first-come, first-serve basis. But are more spots going to open up? I'm trying to hold out on better airfare before I commit to this trip :banghead: , so I hope for another 10 spots. :) BTW, has anyone priced out of EWR under $1K? :)

An airfare update: On Continental out of EWR (their hub), flights are either $858 or $1050 before taxes. Out of LGA/JFK on Continental, it's $830 or $899 b/t and lowest fare is Taca for $728 b/t on Orbitz. :-D Much better!!!! I think I'm going to hold out another week to see what fares look like then. If there's a flight below the $800 threshold after taxes, I'll book it immediately and confirm via post.

Hey, Susiq!

Yes, my fingers are crossed too! If it works out, we'll have to try to get on the same flight and be room and dive buddies together! :wavey: Check back here in about a week!

Best,

Jemiah

#96 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:43 AM

Great ideas!! I hope it will work and I will check back ! Susi :angry:

They had several options so check with them for the latest.... I'll have to decided soon since I leave town for 2 months june-July!! (I know, I know, but there's no diving for me there, although someday I'll look into it..... right now it's all work.)

Got_air:
That sounds like a plan to me too! I also will fly out of the NY area and indeed the lowest fares I found were with with TACA.... keep me on interested just a little bit longer if possible, please. :-D

Fingers crossed!!! :)

:-D Are there only 10 spots available for this trip, as shown in the intro thread? There are also more interested divers than spots available. I understand spots are granted a first-come, first-serve basis. But are more spots going to open up? I'm trying to hold out on better airfare before I commit to this trip :wavey: , so I hope for another 10 spots. :) BTW, has anyone priced out of EWR under $1K? :)

:banghead: Well in that case, please put me down as interested! :thankyou:

An airfare update: On Continental out of EWR (their hub), flights are either $858 or $1050 before taxes. Out of LGA/JFK on Continental, it's $830 or $899 b/t and lowest fare is Taca for $728 b/t on Orbitz. :) Much better!!!! I think I'm going to hold out another week to see what fares look like then. If there's a flight below the $800 threshold after taxes, I'll book it immediately and confirm via post.

Hey, Susiq!

Yes, my fingers are crossed too! If it works out, we'll have to try to get on the same flight and be room and dive buddies together! :cool1: Check back here in about a week!

Best,

Jemiah

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:50 AM

That is great news from both of you! Spots will be fine...now to find the divers! Fighting the airfare is a bit of a problem. I have found some bulk air that departs on Sunday vs. Saturday. I'm getting the price of the extra night of hotel/food and even diving if anyone is interested. Either post the city/airport you want us to check for you or send us a message via pm or email and we'll see if we can beat what you are finding via scheduled aiir!

Fingers crossed! kamala

formerly...

#98 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:51 AM

That is great news from both of you! Spots will be fine...now to find the divers! Fighting the airfare is a bit of a problem. I have found some bulk air that departs on Sunday vs. Saturday. I'm getting the price of the extra night of hotel/food and even diving if anyone is interested. Either post the city/airport you want us to check for you or send us a message via pm or email and we'll see if we can beat what you are finding via scheduled aiir!

Fingers crossed! kamala

Hi, Kamala! :angry:

Sent you an email but couldn't confirm if you received it due some computer error, nor resend it. :thankyou: Updating profile with another email address. Hope to hear back from you!

Best,

Jemiah

#99 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:06 AM

Got your email and I'm working on a reply now!

formerly...

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:54 AM

Payment Update:

Just got mhemker's check today...WOO!!! HOO!!! Its official you are going and we'll make sure you have a single room! -ww

formerly...

#101 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

Kamala, put me on the list and I just heard from DRCKW that she is coming too. :cheerleader:
I'll send the deposit for this and the remainder for the Holbox/Cozumel trip along with the "remove before flight" tapes so don't throw the checks out :thankyou:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:30 PM

Kamala, put me on the list and I just heard from DRCKW that she is coming too. :cheerleader:
I'll send the deposit for this and the remainder for the Holbox/Cozumel trip along with the "remove before flight" tapes so don't throw the checks out :thankyou:

No worries that is great news! I'll put you and drckw on the Check's In the Mail List!!!

formerly...

#103 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:36 PM

Kamala my check was mailed today.....hopefully you receive it by Thursday!!!! :wakawaka:

Just wondering if you can get a price from Fantasy Island for Saturday night for anyone who may want to fly out on Sunday.

Just for information for anyone who is looking for airfare...........we did get a rate of 611 out of Miami on Taca through Roatan Charters......I saw that mentioned on this site and emailed them for a quote. Maybe worth checking into!!!

Travelgal

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#104 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Great news Travelgal!!! I have gotten a rate of $105 for double occupancy and that includes the extra night of hotel, diving and meals....does not include taxes and yes there is a limited number of rooms avail for the extra night stay. The fares are cheaper coming back on Sunday.

formerly...

#105 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:57 PM

Check is in the mail. If I get the flight I'm looking at, I will be connecting in Atlanta. Anybody else connecting there?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users