• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#76 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:05 PM

Two things: 1-I didn't know there was a HH here in NYC (is there? is it wishful thinking? or am I just a Susi-come-lately in that regard?) 2- I agree :twist: It would be good to find a group of us in the NY area so we could command a lower charter rate. I saw TACA from JFK for just over $800-- also leaving obscenely early --like 5 AM, but.....still we're getting closer! :banghead:
SusiQw

:lmao: A NYC diver! Nice to meet you, Susiq! :) So now we just need: :) :) :) :-D :) :diver: :diver: :diver: . :P

BTW, no NYC/No.NJ HH has been planned. Let's plan one! There is a NE HH in Newport, RI on 5/20 but now I don't know if I will go to that or to the SCUBA InTenCity local stop in Syosset.

#77 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

I saw TACA from JFK for just over $800-- also leaving obscenely early --like 5 AM, but.....still we're getting closer! :banghead:

FWIW - my fare from D/FW is just under $800, so don't feel bad.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#78 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

There is about a $100 difference between leaving out of Providence or Boston, $832 compare to $737. I would rather pay an extra $100 than go to Boston. I'll just keep looking, I'm sure I will find a better deal.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#79 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

:twist:

Two things: 1-I didn't know there was a HH here in NYC (is there? is it wishful thinking? or am I just a Susi-come-lately in that regard?) 2- I agree :twist: It would be good to find a group of us in the NY area so we could command a lower charter rate. I saw TACA from JFK for just over $800-- also leaving obscenely early --like 5 AM, but.....still we're getting closer! :banghead:
SusiQw

:dance: A NYC diver! Nice to meet you, Susiq! :) So now we just need: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: . :P

BTW, no NYC/No.NJ HH has been planned. Let's plan one! There is a NE HH in Newport, RI on 5/20 but now I don't know if I will go to that or to the SCUBA InTenCity local stop in Syosset.

I went to the IntenCity thing here in Manhattan least year -- it was ok, but then i don't know what i was expecting.... probably wouldn't go out of my way to get to another one.

We could make a HH here only I don't know how--- :huh:
and I won't be in NYC for June and July...but if you want to start one, I'll be glad to join whenever..... :lmao:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#80 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:40 PM

OK. Put me on the "checks in the mail" list, please :banghead:
"

#81 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:02 AM

:twist:

Two things: 1-I didn't know there was a HH here in NYC (is there? is it wishful thinking? or am I just a Susi-come-lately in that regard?) 2- I agree :twist: It would be good to find a group of us in the NY area so we could command a lower charter rate. I saw TACA from JFK for just over $800-- also leaving obscenely early --like 5 AM, but.....still we're getting closer! :)
SusiQw

:) A NYC diver! Nice to meet you, Susiq! :) So now we just need: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: . :P

I went to the IntenCity thing here in Manhattan least year -- it was ok, but then i don't know what i was expecting.... probably wouldn't go out of my way to get to another one.

We could make a HH here only I don't know how--- :huh:
and I won't be in NYC for June and July...but if you want to start one, I'll be glad to join whenever..... :)

Hey, Susiq! :D

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to let you know that a No. NJ HH is being worked out in: new jersey happy hour anyone interested? Upcoming SD Events, Happy Hours & Functions... Hope to see you there and in Roatan! I'll keep you posted on better airfare cuz what I see online is killin me! :bam:

#82 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

:diver:

Two things: 1-I didn't know there was a HH here in NYC (is there? is it wishful thinking? or am I just a Susi-come-lately in that regard?) 2- I agree :twist: It would be good to find a group of us in the NY area so we could command a lower charter rate. I saw TACA from JFK for just over $800-- also leaving obscenely early --like 5 AM, but.....still we're getting closer! :)
SusiQw

:D A NYC diver! Nice to meet you, Susiq! :bam: So now we just need: :) :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: . :huh:

We could make a HH here only I don't know how--- :twist:
and I won't be in NYC for June and July...but if you want to start one, I'll be glad to join whenever..... :)

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#83 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:08 AM

Check is in the mail!!
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#84 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hi I am interested in going to Roatan.....been to Anthony's Key but this sounds like lots of fun! What address to send the deposit to? Any good airfares from Miami that anyone knows of?
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#85 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

Greetings Travelgal,

Seeing as this is your first post...

:cool1: to SD!

finGrabber can probably help you find an inexpensive airfare. :diver:

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

Payment Update:

Got your check Mark...aka captjack... :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:25 AM

Hey all.... AIRFARE UPDATE

Do remember that this is a holiday weekend so air will be higher. I'm looking to see if we can find any bulk out of the country but so far we need 10+ divers from one locale to get the bulk fares. Do keep in mind that airfares are going up in general due to fuel prices. We may not see the cheap fares of yesterday that we've become accustomed too. I fear that they will quickly be a thing of the past. Even airlines are looking at fuel surchages...

My air was just under $800 so I think this will be the most likely amount for most. I will know if we can get anything else tomorrow now that I'm back from our most recent trip!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#88 ladylike crab

ladylike crab

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:18 AM

Hi I am a new member. I have stayed at Fanasy Island three times. I am excited to do it again and also meet new dive buddy's.
Hey wench my check is in the mail

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

Hi I am a new member. I have stayed at Fanasy Island three times. I am excited to do it again and also meet new dive buddy's.
Hey wench my check is in the mail

Hey girl....GREAT to have you! And I just processed your credit card deposit so you are ON THE TRIP! :cool2:

formerly...

#90 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

:cool2: Hey WW Was great talking with ya today....Wow! I am a premier member! :lmao:
My Check is in the mail for Roatan! I am rooming with the crab! YeaH! :cool1:

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users