• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#1336 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:03 AM

weighn me capn

checkn 64in - 160cm, 54lbs 24.3kg aye aye

carry on 45in - 112.5cm, 30lbs - 13.5kg aye aye

ready to go dive!

be sure to weigh in! and set your computers to nitrox me beauties.

What airline are you flying, those extra 4 pounds could cost you $100!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#1337 MikeSpokane

MikeSpokane

Getting started

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:100's

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:43 AM

weighn me capn

ready to go dive!

I recently called and --Both Delta and Continental (up to 70 lbs)allow overweight baggage w/o charge if it is soley sports gear. I pack all the scuba in one bag with no clothes or other items visable. You may need to show that it is solely sports equipment. Be sure to tell them it is heavey so they can put a "heavy" sticker on it.

I sometimes carry on one of my regs and mask w/ swimsuit in case the luggage is lost so I can dive even if my luggage soesn't make it but that is generally for complicated flight schedules.

Arrgh, for ye wenchs who presume to assign Cap'tn Longblades duties :lmao: (as weather man or is that whether man) all I can be sayin is that the forcast fo wheree we be sailin is :

the water will be wet, warm and deep; :welcome:

the rest matters little. :welcome:

On the other hand it looks as though ill be meeting ernesto in DC.

Mike's Island Rule #1:

A tropical storm is a Dynamic Equilibrium: it sucks as much as it blows.

are we there yet?

Mike

Mike

#1338 VAglassman

VAglassman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:40 AM

Well the first week back at classes has been... interesting. I might have to get that underwater housing for my laptop just so I can keep up! :welcome: I have 3 cases due the week I'm away, so will try to get as much done on those before I leave so my teams don't want to kill me. :P

I will have some books with me and will have to reserve some study time each day. But I will have fun! :D

I can't wait, I need to get out of here so bad! 15.5 credit hours is a lot! :lmao: But I realize this is voluntary tourture! :D

:welcome:

Victoria!
Speaking of voluntary tourture, been reading my Nitrox book and have a head ache! Did I mention how much I loathe, despise, abhor MATH?? :bam:

Got any tips for getting through this stuff?

Also do you have a schedule of when our classes are going to be? Sat. or Sunday? Would be great to know in case I need to plan to be somewhere Sat. afternoon right after we arrive at the resort.

Thanks!
David
David

aka: VAGlassman

#1339 sandiegocarol

sandiegocarol

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:15 AM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :welcome:
I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :welcome:

#1340 VAglassman

VAglassman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :D
I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :teeth:

Excellent! And my slatherin' skills (coupled with my massage training) are legendary!

David
David

aka: VAGlassman

#1341 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :teeth:

You say he's still alive but haven't really mentioned his general health or his DCS statsitics... I'm skeptical :D
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#1342 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

:dazzler:

Well the first week back at classes has been... interesting. I might have to get that underwater housing for my laptop just so I can keep up! :D I have 3 cases due the week I'm away, so will try to get as much done on those before I leave so my teams don't want to kill me. :bam:

I will have some books with me and will have to reserve some study time each day. But I will have fun! :D

I can't wait, I need to get out of here so bad! 15.5 credit hours is a lot! :banghead: But I realize this is voluntary tourture! :P

:teeth:

Victoria!
Speaking of voluntary tourture, been reading my Nitrox book and have a head ache! Did I mention how much I loathe, despise, abhor MATH?? :banghead:

Also do you have a schedule of when our classes are going to be? Sat. or Sunday? Would be great to know in case I need to plan to be somewhere Sat. afternoon right after we arrive at the resort.

Thanks!
David

Boys with math performance anxiety are so cute. :dazzler:

#1343 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

Well the first week back at classes has been... interesting. I might have to get that underwater housing for my laptop just so I can keep up! :D I have 3 cases due the week I'm away, so will try to get as much done on those before I leave so my teams don't want to kill me. :dazzler:

I will have some books with me and will have to reserve some study time each day. But I will have fun! :P

I can't wait, I need to get out of here so bad! 15.5 credit hours is a lot! :banghead: But I realize this is voluntary tourture! :bam:

:teeth:

Victoria!
Speaking of voluntary tourture, been reading my Nitrox book and have a head ache! Did I mention how much I loathe, despise, abhor MATH?? :banghead:

Thanks!
David

I'm feeling the very same about this math (in the Nitrox book)... Actually, I can do the math part of it... But in panic mode about coming up with the formulas needed for the exam... Just can't memorize them... ugh! :dazzler:
Glad to see that I'm not going to be the only one in class with the same anxiety... Actually gives me hope...
Did I mention, I HATE MATH!!!

Karen

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#1344 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :banghead:
I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :D

Excellent! And my slatherin' skills (coupled with my massage training) are legendary!

David

Hey wait... I'm thinking she won't want my slatherin' skills used on her... However, we can get a slatherin' train going... :banghead: :teeth:
Looks like I'll have to offer up the rum punch for her help...

Karen

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#1345 sandiegocarol

sandiegocarol

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:30 AM

[quote name='VAglassman' date='Aug 31 2006, 07:32 AM' post='154953']
[quote name='sandiegocarol' post='154952' date='Aug 31 2006, 10:15 AM']
My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :D
[/quote]

David
[/quote
The only question I have is can you massage and be tutored at the same time?

#1346 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (2006), Nitrox (2005)
  • Logged Dives:204

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

For all the organized types out there, I would really appreciate a packing list! Just to see if there's anything I'm forgetting.

Also, has anyone obtained lempiras from their bank? If so, was it difficult?

for me delicate beauty boatlawyer, ye can vist me site http://www.scubaguyd.com Look for the link < packing List > It is .pdf format. Sent from PADI Travel Network

Thank you scubaguyd, that was arrrrrsome.

For anyone who wants a printable packing list PM me and I can send it to you. Oh, I guess we can't send attachments so I will e-mail it to you.

Edited by kittydiver, 31 August 2006 - 10:05 AM.

#1347 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

weighn me capn

ready to go dive!

I thought the airline gave you an extra bag for gear for free?

#1348 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:45 AM

weighn me capn

ready to go dive!

Some airlines do, US Air doesn't but the way I read Scubaguyd's post is he had one 54 pound bag to check.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#1349 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

weighn me capn

ready to go dive!

Some airlines do, US Air doesn't but the way I read Scubaguyd's post is he had one 54 pound bag to check.

I just weighed my gear bag and it's 45.5 lbs. still have my carry on and reg. suitcase to pack. :teeth:

#1350 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

Two Days and counting....

PlatypusMan
...Roatan! Roatan!! Roatan!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users