• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo
- - - - -

ok, I'll start

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 tbakercnydiver

tbakercnydiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:56

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

pepsi&bacardi 4 me.....

#47 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

With the holidays upon us, I thought this might be a good time to revive this thread and have folks post recipes for their favorite cocktails.

One of my new favorites is the Blue Lagoon, which I discovered during the recent SD trip to Curacao. Every night we tried out various concoctions made with the locally produced Curacao liqueurs. Most people are familiar with Blue Curacao, but did you know this liqueur is available in several other colors and flavors? Click Here for more information.

Anyway, here's the Blue Lagoon recipe:

1 shot Blue Curacao
1 shot Vodka
Lemonade

Mix together the Blue Curacao and Vodka in a glass with ice, and then fill with lemonade. You can then garnish with a slice of lemon or lime or a cherry.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#48 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Anyway, here's the Blue Lagoon recipe:
1 shot Blue Curacao
1 shot Vodka
Lemonade

Just curious Beth, if the recipe you cite above is NOT the radioactive concoction you are hoisting in your avatar photo, then what in the world IS it? :cool2:

I favor a light Pilsner under normal circumstances, but given the typically atypical SD crowd put me down for a double dry vodka martini with a twist. After that I'm apt to order David Lee Roth's fave:

"Gimme a bottle of anything, and a glazed doughnut..... to GO!"

Loooove his getup in that video scene...

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#49 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:55 AM

Oh Beth!!! I am so glad you posted this drink. I have been trying to remember the name of it forever!!! Blue Lagoon is one of the best I have ever had and for some reason ( :cool1: ) could not remember the name or exactly what the blue stuff was. Looks like a trip to the store will be had soon!!! :cheerleader:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#50 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:39 AM

After Wakatobi, it has to be long island iced tea - I honestly thought it was tea ... until the first taste .....
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#51 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

After Wakatobi, it has to be long island iced tea - I honestly thought it was tea ... until the first taste .....

Whereupon you sent it back immediately no doubt... :cheerleader:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#52 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

Whereupon you sent it back immediately no doubt... :cheerleader:

That would have been impolite and culturally insensitive to the US. Plus as a Scot, I disapprove of waste....
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#53 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

My personal favorite.....

Coronado Cosmo

1.5 oz Citron Absolute
1.5 oz Hpnotiq
2 oz White Cranberry Juice

Sorry if I've posted this before.....Just blame it on the mass murder of many brain cells from past consumption of Coronado Cosmos! :angel2:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#54 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

My fave is a concoction which bears resemblance to a couple others mentioned, but which was refined by a bartender in Steamboat Springs, CO, many moons ago. He called it a Modified B-52.

Equal parts of vodka (more vodka if it's the good stuff), Bailey's, Kahlua, and Butterscotch schnapps, a healthy glug of half & half, and a handful of ice in a blender. Blend till smooth, and decant into a nice big glass! Whipped cream on top, and it's my favorite dessert! :lmao: It tastes just like a chocolate shake, and is great on a hot day.

But caveat emptor, for multiples will kick yer butt!
:lmao:
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#55 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

As this thread has been resuscitated for the holidays, it would not be complete without a truly outstanding Eggnog recipe now, would it!?! This will taste profoundly better than those quarts of Juicy-Fruit Gum-flavored product they call eggnog at the grocery store............

Egg Nog

12 eggs (separated)
3 pints heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar (I would prolly start with 3/4 C and adjust til it's to your liking)
nutmeg
1 cup bourbon whiskey
1 cup cognac
1/2 tsp salt

Beat yolks until light in color. Slowly add bourbon, cognac, while beating at slow speed. Chill 3 hrs. Add salt to whites, beat to peaks. Whip s cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites. Chill one hour. Serve with nutmeg sprinkled on top. For thinner mixture add 1 or 2 cups of milk. Serve in a punch bowl.

7.0% (14 proof)....which of course can be judiciously augmented.... :lmao:

Edited by Victoria, 20 December 2008 - 12:07 PM.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#56 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

For mulled cider or wine, I highly recommend the mulling spices mix from Williams-Sonoma. Excellent balance of spices; not too heavy on either the cloves or the cinnamon. Lip-smackin' good, y'all!!!

#57 Harleyguy33458

Harleyguy33458

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT PADI instructor
  • Logged Dives:400

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

All these awesome concoctions sounds great, but I am just an ole beer drinker....just a couple. I've slowed down in my old age....my favorite? Yuengling, but only the original from Pottsville, Pa. Black and Tan is my favorite Yuengling. The Yuengling in Florida is okay but does not compare to Pottsville's. Sorry everyone, but his is a east-coast beer so many may not have heard of it.

#58 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hangovers hurt more than they used to! :birthday:
But my poison is Wild Turkey and Coke.
Ain't love a BEACH?

#59 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

Another lovely combination with Wild Turkey is 7-Up and a healthy splash of Angostura Bitters. Rather delish.

#60 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hangovers hurt more than they used to! :D

Amen Sister!!!! :birthday:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users