• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wanted: Nice Guys

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 ereediver

ereediver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water, AOW
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

"If he drinks mass produced beer."

Hey I drink onre of those massed produced beers, and I'm married. So :birthday:

#62 bbdrag0n

bbdrag0n

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

[size=5] WHAT HE SAID[size=3]

I don't even need to get married...did that
I just want someone to share life with; to be close and even committed with out the ring

married women like me...why not the single women who are looking

I have also seen where women want everything perfect and everything right now and they won't hint at what they even want and dream, but they will always go back to the abusive and unfaithful relationships they just left.

Jeff-

I hate to agree with you.... but I don't want to be married either. I also want to find someone to share my life with. Marriage is not important, unless kids are involved. But then again, I was raised by a single parent and no big shakes so far. ... so even with kids I'm on the fence so long as the relationship is committed.

pamela :)

#63 bbdrag0n

bbdrag0n

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:45 PM

As I was reading through the messages on this topic. I saw many things that I agree with.

As a single female, working on a Ph.D. - frankly, I've given up. I'm tired of guys that are intimidated with my education or my previous job (engineer) or and money I was making, or my hobbies.

Yes, I'm happy with my life. I own my own house, I have friends (non-divers until now) and pets. I have money in the bank and a retirement account to boot.

But, as long as everyone is being honest, I'm tired of people assuming that because I'm naturally blonde, well, that says enough right there. And, now that I'm a teacher.... people look down on what I'm doing, like I'm not a professional. Hmmm!

Like I said in a previous post, I'm just glad to have found this site, and people with the same interests, and people to dive with. I was getting tired of going on trips solo and trying to find someone who wanted to buddy up, or being able to dive with someone who is similar in experience. (sorry newbie divers, but some times we want to do harder dive sites, and can't because of the experience of our buddy).

Cheer up Guys! - you're a welcome relief to someone who seems to only meet non-swimmers or people who need to ask, "is it okay that I'm scared to death of water." Urgh!!

#64 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:<24

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

WAKE UP!!!!

You guys are suffering from delusions.

Women (most of them, anyway and all the ones in which you'd be interested) LIKE nice guys. Just because they aren't interested in you and do date the bad boys doesn't mean they don't like nice guys. YOUR problem is you don't understand the concept of a nice guy.

You have fallen victim of watching bad movies and listening to your mothers. Both are horrible places to get dating advice. Being a nice guy does not mean being a door mat or a wimp. Women are NOT attracted to wimps. When you act like a wimp, you turn women OFF!!!! Stop acting like a wimp. You can be confident, and decisive and still be a nice guy. You can open doors for women (and other men, for that matter) without being a wimp.

Many "nice guys" are trying to manipulate women and women can spot it immediately. Be yourself. Act like you're with you guy friends. Be funny, tease a woman, make her laugh. Nothing is more attractive to a woman than a man who makes her laugh and who takes charge. Women like strong men. If you are constantly complimenting her, it comes across as manipulative. Stop it.

Have you ever noticed that women in whom you have no interest are often attracted to you? That's because you are a nice guy, you are attractive to women when you are simply "being yourself." If you aren't attracted to a woman, you treat her differently than you treat women to whom you are attracted. When you're attracted to a woman, you aren't yourself when she's around. Instead you turn into a wimp. STOP it!!!!!

Never ask a woman for a date. Instead, invite her to join you on an adventure. Plan something fun, diving is an excellent choice, then go do it and have a blast regardless of her joining you. Your enjoyment should not be dependent on her being there. Women are like men in that they like to have fun. If you are having fun, women will want to be with you. If you're not having fun, they'll want to be elsewhere.

Russian, Belorussian, and Ukrainian women are beautiful, they are wonderful ladies, but they live in countries with horrible economies. They are desperate to come to the US, Canada or western Europe. They will profess undying love just to escape the conditions under which they live. They will marry you, have children with you and in the process might even fall in love with you, but not if you continue to be a wimp. If you remain a wimp with women, they'll leave you as soon as they can do so and legally stay in the west. Others from the former USSR will try to trick you into sending them money.

Clean up your act and you won't need to look to the former Soviet Union for women.

I whole heartedly agree! However, I would not call a guy a "wimp" necessarily, but more of a "smoothering" type who acts like a little boy sometimes. I have had that, I don't like it, it is a turn off to me. I want to be WITH someone for sure, but not feel like I have a new puppy following me everywhere I go. I enjoy my freedom, but when I am with a man I want him to be strong, take charge but at the same time not over bearing such as "directing" what we will do or not, I want to have an opinion as well. It all boils down to good communication between you.

I also have a tendancy to have a strong personality and need someone who is not afraid to disagree with me and discuss things openly. I love that in a man. It is not about who is right and who is wrong, or making someone feel like they are "stupid" it is just good honest communication skills. We don't always "talk" the same, you have to work at finding a language you both understand between you.
"A man is as good as he has to be, and a woman as bad as she dares."

#65 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

As I was reading through the messages on this topic. I saw many things that I agree with.

As a single female, working on a Ph.D. - frankly, I've given up. I'm tired of guys that are intimidated with my education or my previous job (engineer) or and money I was making, or my hobbies.

Yes, I'm happy with my life. I own my own house, I have friends (non-divers until now) and pets. I have money in the bank and a retirement account to boot.

But, as long as everyone is being honest, I'm tired of people assuming that because I'm naturally blonde, well, that says enough right there. And, now that I'm a teacher.... people look down on what I'm doing, like I'm not a professional. Hmmm!

Like I said in a previous post, I'm just glad to have found this site, and people with the same interests, and people to dive with. I was getting tired of going on trips solo and trying to find someone who wanted to buddy up, or being able to dive with someone who is similar in experience. (sorry newbie divers, but some times we want to do harder dive sites, and can't because of the experience of our buddy).

Cheer up Guys! - you're a welcome relief to someone who seems to only meet non-swimmers or people who need to ask, "is it okay that I'm scared to death of water." Urgh!!

I have sooooooooo many times heard the same thing about the guys being "intimidated" by me. I agree with everything you are saying here. I am in the exact same boat!

#66 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

HA! ...and here I am tired of dating women with little adventure or ambition.

Intellect... Mmmmmmmmm... :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#67 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

I am dating a woman with lot of intellect (She is a middle school teacher from a family of college professors and teachers.) and can honestly say that I enjoy it a great deal. It was nice to find someone who I could talk to and understands that disagreement on some issues does NOT mean that we have a major problem.

Men could do far worse than look at intellectual women.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#68 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

I am dating a woman with lot of intellect (She is a middle school teacher from a family of college professors and teachers.) and can honestly say that I enjoy it a great deal. It was nice to find someone who I could talk to and understands that disagreement on some issues does NOT mean that we have a major problem.

YEAH!!!!!! That is exactly right!!!!! Beautifully put!!!

#69 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Are they the ones you blow up? :cool2: OF course as always, I am just kidding! :)

Which end is up?

#70 bbdrag0n

bbdrag0n

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

Intellect... Mmmmmmmmm... :birthday:

YEAH!!!!!! That is exactly right!!!!! Beautifully put!!!

I second that!!!

#71 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

*sigh*

And now they start coming out of the woodwork...figures. :)

Ok, I'm going to jump on the "Me too" bus here and agree that intellectual women are actually kind of a turn-on for me. One of the things that I like about my current SO is that she's brilliant. She's a linguist, but we can talk for hours about astronomy, history, spaceflight, the chemistry of making wine and/or beer, sociology, you name it. She has a big brain, and it's sexy. It sure as heck beats endless inane discussions about the best place to buy shoes or which clothes store is having a big sale this weekend. She shares my passion for learning, and feels the same way about education as I do: that life itself is an educational process, and we never, ever stop learning.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that she's quite easy on the eye, and we undeniably do look good together... :D

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#72 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:52 AM

Jim, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Is she here?

Intelligence is a big turn on for me. It isn't an end all, be all, but it's a big part of the picture.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#73 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Jim, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Is she here?

Intelligence is a big turn on for me. It isn't an end all, be all, but it's a big part of the picture.

Thanks, Walter! She's not here yet. We haven't gone that far quite yet, but things are developing nicely. Thank Goodness for Skype and e-mail! :-)

Cheers!

(and for Walter: Добро день!)

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#74 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

He's learning the language. Very good! Where'd you find the font?
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#75 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

Bad Boys are not cool. They're a waste of time and should be immediately kicked to the curb. On the other hand, I dated a guy who was "nice" and did everything by the book--literally. He loaned me a book one time and there tucked between some pages was his written list of proper things to do, obviously taken from some relationship book. That was a complete turn-off for me. This person wasn't doing what he felt like doing, he was doing what someone else told him to do. What was that word--wimp? Always be yourself and do things from the heart. If you don't feel like doing it then don't do it. It seems like the dating game has become such a game that I really don't care for "dates" anymore. Just find someone who likes to do what you want to do and go do it together. Sometimes the sparks will be there and sometimes you will be just good friends. Could be an age difference, one of you could be in a relationship, it could just be your place in life, whatever...but you can enjoy a lot of people's company. I am so fine being by myself that I will not "look" for a mate. My life is full and I enjoy it. But you can never have too many dive buddies--now there's a true treasure to seek! :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users