• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Can men see fashion and patterns?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

I have been known to assist the men in my life with fashion as well. Some of them really don't understand what a difference a good pair of jeans can make (until they start wearing those good jeans that is! :welcome: )

#32 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

Some guys don’t like to dress up. I’m lucky there, as I have my military uniform that I can ware to any sort of formal affair. Here is an example…
http://www.megageek....70?OpenDocument

(not the best pick of me.)

I don't know...that looks like a damn fine picture to me!

#33 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Did you see that guy on the right? What a face. :P To be fair, here is a little background.

For the past 4 months, I've been fighting some allergic reaction that keeps coming and hits me hard. Lots of test, doctors, and meds, and still no cause or cure. I'm on a nuclear antihistamine right now.

That night, it was really hot and that is a trigger for the reaction. Just my luck, receiving an award in front of 500 people and I was breaking out from an unknown problem.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#34 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

Did you see that guy on the right? What a face. :P To be fair, here is a little background.

For the past 4 months, I've been fighting some allergic reaction that keeps coming and hits me hard. Lots of test, doctors, and meds, and still no cause or cure. I'm on a nuclear antihistamine right now.

That night, it was really hot and that is a trigger for the reaction. Just my luck, receiving an award in front of 500 people and I was breaking out from an unknown problem.

Yes, the guy on the right was the first one I looked at!

I've found that nearly anytime I have an allergic reaction, it's to food or, more specifically, to a supplement I've added; I do occasionally have skin breakouts, but I can trace those back to food too...I don't always know which one, but it's always food

I don't think there's anything wrong with only decorating with items of sentimental value to you...my house has handmade drawings I bought in Paris...ornamental shot glasses from everywhere I've been...books...dogs...Mom and Dad's picture on my mantel; oh and I have metal fish art work in my main bathroom...I tend to pick things up around the world and when I see them, I remember where I was when I bought it, even who I was with and that is very soothing to me :D

#35 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

Moose,

Duh, you live in NJ ! That explains the "allergic reaction" you have been having!

Are you going to the Happy Hour?

Robin

#36 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Yea, Moose did say he wanted the large bowls! Anyway, point was that if two people are involved in a choice then one's practical concerns should be incorporated into the design choice.

As for the implication that the statement "my job" was some kind of chauvinistic gender assignment, that was not the case at all. It is simply that this particular boyfriend is a little design-challenged, which is really surprising to me since he is otherwise super-intuitive, sensitive, critical thinking and enjoys nice things. I am just better at putting together a "look." Viva la difference!

I'm not implying anything chauvenistic; I'm simply asking "what if the tables were turned?"

You're right - Viva la difference! Because you feel you're better at putting together a "look" doesn't mean the "look" he might put together wouldn't be appealing to someone else. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

What if you're sweetie happened to like how his home were decorated and you were coming into his house wanting to integrate some of your style and taste? It happens all the time...especially at our ages. Men have their own homes and it may be the choice two people make when combining is to combine into his place.

That's all I'm saying. Please don't it personal; it's not.

#37 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

what happened to NEVER change yourself
never adapt
ALWAYS be yourself or get rid of the SO
never change to make someone else happy

All this is like the comercial of the newlyweds where he gets to keep his cell phone plan

when a woman asks a question, she should accept the answer she gets; then ask it a different way to help get an answer. I know that being a male, I am supposed to have all of the answers, but if something really matters to me, then I will tell you, otherwise it doesn't really matter.

I just bought my first house and it took five months to put up some of my framed photos that I have taken.
jeff aka nice-diver

#38 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

Learn to cook, man. Doesn't matter if you clean dsishes in the dishwasher or by hand as long as you clean them. Women love it when a man can cook.

Walter... thanks! Now I know the secret to my lack of success!

#39 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

This is very true! At the very least, we love it when a man can provide competent assistance in the kitchen...

Washing dishes and taking out the garbage should be enough assistane IMHO.

#40 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

Learn to cook, man. Doesn't matter if you clean dsishes in the dishwasher or by hand as long as you clean them. Women love it when a man can cook.

Walter... thanks! Now I know the secret to my lack of success!

And don't forget to wipe the stove off afterwards!
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#41 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

And don't forget to wipe the stove off afterwards!

Heck, I already have to wipe the stove and clean the microwave each time my renter cooks (and she's not cooking for me).

#42 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

OK - here's my two cents since I just read this whole thread.
#1 - There are lots of women who can cook. I cook for a whole house full of starving firemen all the time. I am however not a morning person so cooking breakfast isn't really my thing. So a guy who can handle coffee and breakfast is key. I was in a really long relationship and when we broke up I remember that one of the worst things about it was that he always got up first and made coffee. I had to buy a $100 coffee maker that has a timer and grinds it's own beans to console myself...
#2 - Does it really matter if the guy can match his own clothes as long as he puts on the matching clothes you pick out for him without a fight?
#3 - If the woman is really into china patterns and stuff isn't it good if the guy will just buy the ones she picks out??? If I really wanted a second opinion I think I'd drag one of my girlfriends or (even better) one of my gay friends along.
#4 - I can cook myself so I think it is more important for the guy to be able to make reservations than cook dinner. Does that make sense to anyone else?

I think being a woman working in a man's world has made it really tough for me to comprehend all this kind of stuff. Maybe that's why I'm doomed to be a spinster...
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#43 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

P.S. Perrone, you get extra points if you know what a "shrug" is.

shrugs - you take a dumbell in each hand and hold them by your waist, then lift straight up using your shoulders making sure you don't rotate them - just straight up and down. If you start to increase the weights with time you may need to use straps. Maybe this isn't what you meant but was the first thing which popped in my head.
As for me I happen to like empty space, considering I live in a studio that means I have very few items in my apt. As a matter of fact usually if I'm about to purchase something new it is to replace something else which means I think about it before doing so. As for the cooking skills I do cook quite a bit but very simple recipes, easy to make, easy to cleanup. Just my 2 cents...

#44 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

OK - here's my two cents since I just read this whole thread.
#1 - There are lots of women who can cook. I cook for a whole house full of starving firemen all the time. I am however not a morning person so cooking breakfast isn't really my thing. So a guy who can handle coffee and breakfast is key. I was in a really long relationship and when we broke up I remember that one of the worst things about it was that he always got up first and made coffee. I had to buy a $100 coffee maker that has a timer and grinds it's own beans to console myself...
#2 - Does it really matter if the guy can match his own clothes as long as he puts on the matching clothes you pick out for him without a fight?
#3 - If the woman is really into china patterns and stuff isn't it good if the guy will just buy the ones she picks out??? If I really wanted a second opinion I think I'd drag one of my girlfriends or (even better) one of my gay friends along.
#4 - I can cook myself so I think it is more important for the guy to be able to make reservations than cook dinner. Does that make sense to anyone else?

I think being a woman working in a man's world has made it really tough for me to comprehend all this kind of stuff. Maybe that's why I'm doomed to be a spinster...

I like your two cents!

However, I'd really rather he be able to match his own clothes. You know like the ZZ Top song..."Women go crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man."

#45 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

This is very true! At the very least, we love it when a man can provide competent assistance in the kitchen...

If the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach, I'm doomed! :thankyou:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users