• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Can men see fashion and patterns?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

Patterns on plates and cups? It is impossible for me to distinguish them. It is like trying to distinguish between patterns of camoflage clothing in the woods (at dusk).

My simple answer: plain white plates (squarish and round, to allow for attractive presentation of various foods that may or may not be geometrically prepared), capuccino cups/saucers, salad bowls, serving platters, etc. Hey, it works for the Italians, Germans, and French, it'll work for you, too.

Let's be fair and equal; everyone should always puts the seat AND the lid down.

Well, duh! How else can I keep the cats from drinking out of the toilet?

Why wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher ? (One of those steps is 100% waste of hot water.)

That's why I buy the really good dishwasher detergent that doesn't require a pre-rinse; it just dissolves the caked-on food right off the dishes. Or you could do what my sister (and eventually my parents) did: get a dishwasher that's specifically designed to wash dishes without requiring the pre-rinse.

Plates should never be shaped like a shallow bowl.

Now, that depends on whether you're going for versatility or just showing off...

Why is it wrong to drink wine out of a plastic cup ?

For the same reason that it is wrong to drink beer out of a plastic cup. Thou shalt not desecrate the elixir that we brewers (or winemakers) have spent so many hours crafting to be savored and carefully quaffed by the appreciative drinkers among us. Of course, this assumes we're talking about real wine (or beer) and not the wine-like (or beer-like) substances that most folks in America are used to. Hint: if there's any sort of twist-off cap involved, it's not real wine (or beer). If it comes in a plastic bottle, aluminum can, or a box it's not real, either. It's a surrogate intended only to get you smashed, in which case you should by all means not waste real glass receptacles of the proper shape and capacity on those substances and pound them down from your silly little plastic cup. :welcome: Real wine comes in glass bottles, with a real cork (okay, possibly those funny synthetic corks that never want to come out in one piece) that requires the use of an honest-to-goodness corkscrew to extract. In similar fashion, real beer comes in glass bottles with caps that require use of an honest-to-goodness bottle opener (church key, or a Bic lighter in a pinch) to remove. The only acceptable metal container for real beer is a keg.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#62 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

Can you say "you look very beautiful today" with a Spanish accent????

Wouldn't you rather hear "you are very intelligent today, as always..."

#63 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

Gee, none of the ladies commented on my interior decorating skills as evidenced in the two pictures of my living room. I guess I won't get any takers if I asked any of them to come up and see my etchings...

#64 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:47 AM

Guys of SD rise up... this guy Moose is taking away all the lovely ladies on SD.

Drbill, you have nothing to fear. Like I stated before, If there is a chemical attraction between men and women, I'm the antidote! It's only because these exchanges happen in email that my antidote isn't kicking in yet. :welcome:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#65 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:15 AM

Guys of SD rise up... this guy Moose is taking away all the lovely ladies on SD.

Drbill, you have nothing to fear. Like I stated before, If there is a chemical attraction between men and women, I'm the antidote! It's only because these exchanges happen in email that my antidote isn't kicking in yet. :wavey:

Moose, your antidote can't be any worse than mine. Date me, and then you will be guaranteed to marry your next girlfriend. :welcome:

Robin

#66 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:49 AM

Can you say "you look very beautiful today" with a Spanish accent????

I'll let my other spinster GFs tell me how intelligent I am. :)
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#67 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

Drbill, you have nothing to fear. Like I stated before, If there is a chemical attraction between men and women, I'm the antidote! It's only because these exchanges happen in email that my antidote isn't kicking in yet. :P

Moose, your antidote can't be any worse than mine. Date me, and then you will be guaranteed to marry your next girlfriend. :)

Robin

Oh my God! I hear you girl! I thought it was just because I was Chinese or something. Like guys want to go out with me before they find a nice, wholesome blond person to marry...
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#68 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

Nothing wrong with telling a woman she is intelligent AND beautiful AND that she has lost weight....and if the relationship is really a serious one, that you treasure her....

Also, I think your decorating skills are quite adequate. Your abode is colorful, comfortable, and inviting, with lots of personal touches. However, how would you feel if a woman moved in with you and wanted to integrate some of her possessions and taste into the place?
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#69 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

However, how would you feel if a woman moved in with you and wanted to integrate some of her possessions and taste into the place?

I know the answer to this one...

"Honey, here is my credit card, buy whatever your little heart desires. While you are shopping, and take your time, why don't you take your mother along and have lunch on me. Meanwhile I'll remove any of the decorations I put up that you don't like."

How's that?
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#70 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

...I thought it was just because I was Chinese or something. Like guys want to go out with me before they find a nice, wholesome blond person to marry...

Wow, I'd dump a blonde for you then (if I were dating one)! Many of those on SD know I greatly prefer brunettes to blondes (but intelligence over all).

Edited by drbill, 17 January 2007 - 10:58 AM.

#71 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

Nothing wrong with telling a woman she is intelligent AND beautiful AND that she has lost weight....and if the relationship is really a serious one, that you treasure her....

Also, I think your decorating skills are quite adequate. Your abode is colorful, comfortable, and inviting, with lots of personal touches. However, how would you feel if a woman moved in with you and wanted to integrate some of her possessions and taste into the place?

Maybe a duplex with a door in between ("his" and "hers") would be a good idea in that case!

Just teasing. Obviously if I were to (or, more optimistically, when I do!) form a serious relationship with a woman as a partner, there will be some significant redecoration to be done. Much as I love my living room (and most of the women I've dated do as well), I'd gladly sacrifice the master and spare bedrooms, both baths and the kitchen (as well as modify the LR). After all, it IS a partnership I seek. Or, maybe, for the right woman I'll move to a nice tropical island and we can start fresh with the decorating!

#72 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

I am blond, wholesome and nice and everyone has gone back to their abusive, unfaithful, unfulfilled past.
jeff aka nice-diver

#73 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Much as I love my living room (and most of the women I've dated do as well), I'd gladly sacrifice the master and spare bedrooms, both baths and the kitchen (as well as modify the LR). After all, it IS a partnership I seek. Or, maybe, for the right woman I'll move to a nice tropical island and we can start fresh with the decorating!

The last option would definitely be the easiest, and perhaps the most fun! But good to know that you are flexible provided the right partner comes along.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#74 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

Okay, on an unrelated note, so am I the only girl on the planet who does not like people asking if I have lost weight? When asked I always think to myself, "OMG, did I really look that fat before???"

#75 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

sounds funny when the radio DJ says it , but probably bad in real life "those pants don't make you look fat; all of your pants make you look fat"
jeff aka nice-diver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users