• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Can men see fashion and patterns?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

Ok, here is the question, is it me or are other men completely blind to “patterns” and “fashion?” I mean, if a women picks up two plates in a store and asks, “Which pattern do you like better?” Do you just see two round, white plates like me? I’m also equally confused with “decorative items” in a home. If something doesn’t have a useful purpose, why do I need it, and even worst, DISPLAY it?

Follow up questions...

What the hell is a "duvet" and what does it do?

Why are some pillows called "throw pillows," yet I get in trouble if I throw them?

Speaking of pillows, why the HELL do women put so many of them on the bed? Are you trying to hide the bed? (Duvet, comforter, and all?)

Don't even get me started on the fuction of a "Sham!"

To be frank, I have a dishwasher in my kitchen that has only been used to clean guns and car parts. My oven has seen more time as a powercoating booth than a bakery! I guess this goes a long way to explain why I'm single. :thankyou:

While we're at it, what about "guest towels"? The guests don't use them because they're not designed to be functional, they're just for show! And what about those bowls of fruit sitting on the coffee table or kitchen counter? You don't dare eat them, they're just for show too!

Edited by Brinybay, 15 January 2007 - 11:44 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

OK - here's my two cents since I just read this whole thread.
#1 - There are lots of women who can cook. I cook for a whole house full of starving firemen all the time. I am however not a morning person so cooking breakfast isn't really my thing. So a guy who can handle coffee and breakfast is key. I was in a really long relationship and when we broke up I remember that one of the worst things about it was that he always got up first and made coffee. I had to buy a $100 coffee maker that has a timer and grinds it's own beans to console myself...
#2 - Does it really matter if the guy can match his own clothes as long as he puts on the matching clothes you pick out for him without a fight?
#3 - If the woman is really into china patterns and stuff isn't it good if the guy will just buy the ones she picks out??? If I really wanted a second opinion I think I'd drag one of my girlfriends or (even better) one of my gay friends along.
#4 - I can cook myself so I think it is more important for the guy to be able to make reservations than cook dinner. Does that make sense to anyone else?

I think being a woman working in a man's world has made it really tough for me to comprehend all this kind of stuff. Maybe that's why I'm doomed to be a spinster...

Hear Hear!!! Spot on Heidi! But hey...I thought I was doomed too and viola! So don't despair...someone out there will have the right combination of qualities, talents, values, intelligence, morals, background etc who will be an early coffee making riser who can make reservations as well as cook breakfast, approves your choices in decorating and wears what you ask him to wear! :thankyou: He just may not be at your firehouse or in your apt bldg but he's out there!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

I'm more than willing to fix breakfast, but if you require drugs in the morning, you're on your own. I will not make coffee.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#49 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hear Hear!!! Spot on Heidi! But hey...I thought I was doomed too and viola! So don't despair...someone out there will have the right combination of qualities, talents, values, intelligence, morals, background etc who will be an early coffee making riser who can make reservations as well as cook breakfast, approves your choices in decorating and wears what you ask him to wear! :teeth: He just may not be at your firehouse or in your apt bldg but he's out there!

Hang on a second, I thought I was right here? Doesn't that describe me to a "T?"
Early morning riser, that makes breakfast and reservations, will wear whatever is asked (in fact, prefers that to pick out my own clothes.)

In fact, just yesterday I bought Heidi coffee! :-D

Geeze, I guess I am invisible! :D
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#50 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:24 AM

Hear Hear!!! Spot on Heidi! But hey...I thought I was doomed too and viola! So don't despair...someone out there will have the right combination of qualities, talents, values, intelligence, morals, background etc who will be an early coffee making riser who can make reservations as well as cook breakfast, approves your choices in decorating and wears what you ask him to wear! :teeth: He just may not be at your firehouse or in your apt bldg but he's out there!

Hey - who knows? Maybe Prince Charming will eventually come riding up on his white horse (or snowboard or Harley etc.) but I've been waiting a while and no luck so if he doesn't show at least I have a plan B....move to Mexico and spend my pension on non-English speaking pool boys who I'll teach how to say,"You look very beautiful today" and "you have lost weight!"

Hang on a second, I thought I was right here? Doesn't that describe me to a "T?"
Early morning riser, that makes breakfast and reservations, will wear whatever is asked (in fact, prefers that to pick out my own clothes.)

In fact, just yesterday I bought Heidi coffee! :-D

Geeze, I guess I am invisible! :D

Wait a minute...I thought you were engaged!?!?!? :P
Can you say "you look very beautiful today" with a Spanish accent????
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#51 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:06 AM

Wait a minute...I thought you were engaged!?!?!? :D

Engaged?, I keep hearing "I don't see a ring on my finger" whenever I say that! :-D

Accent, why stop at an accent?

pareces muy hermoso hoy
du schaust heute sehr schön
osservate oggi molto bei
você olha muito bonito hoje
Вы очень красивый сегодня
你看很美丽今天

(There are a few phases that are key to learn in other langages, this is one of the top five!) :teeth:

Here is a link to another discussion on this. -->
http://www.singlediv...a...c=11741&hl=

Edited by Moose, 16 January 2007 - 08:32 AM.

Moose

#52 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

Patterns on plates and cups? It is impossible for me to distinguish them. It is like trying to distinguish between patterns of camoflage clothing in the woods (at dusk).

However, I do have an opinion about colors. No house should ever be painted in any color that could ever be produced by any color of chalk on a blackboard (or greenboard, or slate....). It seems to be a law that all houses built since 1980 in soutwest Florida must be painted either maalox blue or pepto-bismol pink or raw-turkeymeat-hotdog-beige. I think they make the paint from those little 'candy-hearts with sayings' that get popular in February.

If you have 8 pillows on the bed, then be sure to have a table nearby that is big enough to stack 7 of those pillows overnight.

If you have a fuzzy toilet seat cover, or a padded toilet seat; either invent a device which prevents them from falling down or be mentally prepared when someone urinates on them.

Let's be fair and equal; everyone should always puts the seat AND the lid down.

If you encourage your dog to drink out of the toilet, I will not return.

Please do not hide the toilet paper in/under some 'decorative' statue. I am not from the Phillipines.

I like to wash my hands. Please do not disguise the soap in a ceramic duck unless you label it. It takes hours to wash my hands with hand lotion.

Sorting laundry ? Please give us a chart. Aren't all "darks" actually "colored". What about "colored" that are "dark"? I wash my white sheets and white towels seperately, but why does anyone care if I wash my white underwear with my new jeans?

Why is it 'disgusting' to have a great photo of me racing a bike on the wall, but it is 'decorative' to have some photocopy of a picasso on the wall ?

Why would anyone put a 'decorative' cover over a fire extinguisher ? They are red so we all see them.

Why is it that when I buy shirt and pants made out of extremely tough synthetic material (for racing through trees) that the manufacturers put lots of different colors and patters to make us to look like clowns? But a bigger question, why is it impossible to bleach them and re-dye them ? (please, please, if you know how I can bleach and re-dye motocross pants and shirts, please please please let me know the secret.)

I am not interested in the pattern on the plates. I am interested in the food ON the plate.

Why two forks and two spoons next to one plate ?

Why wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher ? (One of those steps is 100% waste of hot water.)

Plates should never be shaped like a shallow bowl.

Why is it wrong to drink wine out of a plastic cup ?

The reason my truck has vinyl floor and vinyls seats instead of cloth; it is a truck.

There is dust under my bed for the same reason there is all that dirt on top of your refrigerator. We cannot see it.

#53 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

Wait a minute...I thought you were engaged!?!?!? :D

Engaged?, I keep hearing "I don't see a ring on my finger" whenever I say that! :-D

Accent, why stop at an accent?

pareces muy hermoso hoy
du schaust heute sehr schön
osservate oggi molto bei
você olha muito bonito hoje
Вы очень красивый сегодня
你看很美丽今天

(There are a few phases that are key to learn in other langages, this is one of the top five!) :teeth:

Here is a link to another discussion on this. -->
http://www.singlediv...a...c=11741&hl=

Nice!
I don't suppose you have a white horse around somewhere?? (or Harley, snowboard etc....)

#54 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Nice!
I don't suppose you have a white horse around somewhere?? (or Harley, snowboard etc....)

Does this count?

http://www.megageek....2a?OpenDocument

(Yes, thats my Harley.)
Moose

#55 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:16 PM

Nice!

Does this count?

http://www.megageek....2a?OpenDocument

(Yes, thats my Harley.)

Hmmm...well it's not white but I think I can make an exception if you freshly grind the coffee beans in the morning...

#56 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hmmm...well it's not white but I think I can make an exception if you freshly grind the coffee beans in the morning...

At this rate, you may not be a spinster for long after all!

You forgot to coach Moose on the line about "How thin you look this morning....(as I grind your coffee beans)..."

Wait!!! I see you did coach him about this in the foreign language thread! You better watch out!

Edited by mantarraya, 16 January 2007 - 04:02 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#57 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Guys of SD rise up... this guy Moose is taking away all the lovely ladies on SD.

#58 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

I cook-entertained the idea of culinary school once, not much for cooking for "solo, party of one-right this way", but the life of a salesman was just to captivating and here I am!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#59 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

Patterns on plates and cups? It is impossible for me to distinguish them. It is like trying to distinguish between patterns of camoflage clothing in the woods (at dusk).

However, I do have an opinion about colors. No house should ever be painted in any color that could ever be produced by any color of chalk on a blackboard (or greenboard, or slate....). It seems to be a law that all houses built since 1980 in soutwest Florida must be painted either maalox blue or pepto-bismol pink or raw-turkeymeat-hotdog-beige. I think they make the paint from those little 'candy-hearts with sayings' that get popular in February.

If you have 8 pillows on the bed, then be sure to have a table nearby that is big enough to stack 7 of those pillows overnight.

If you have a fuzzy toilet seat cover, or a padded toilet seat; either invent a device which prevents them from falling down or be mentally prepared when someone urinates on them.

Let's be fair and equal; everyone should always puts the seat AND the lid down.

If you encourage your dog to drink out of the toilet, I will not return.

Please do not hide the toilet paper in/under some 'decorative' statue. I am not from the Phillipines.

I like to wash my hands. Please do not disguise the soap in a ceramic duck unless you label it. It takes hours to wash my hands with hand lotion.

Sorting laundry ? Please give us a chart. Aren't all "darks" actually "colored". What about "colored" that are "dark"? I wash my white sheets and white towels seperately, but why does anyone care if I wash my white underwear with my new jeans?

Why is it 'disgusting' to have a great photo of me racing a bike on the wall, but it is 'decorative' to have some photocopy of a picasso on the wall ?

Why would anyone put a 'decorative' cover over a fire extinguisher ? They are red so we all see them.

Why is it that when I buy shirt and pants made out of extremely tough synthetic material (for racing through trees) that the manufacturers put lots of different colors and patters to make us to look like clowns? But a bigger question, why is it impossible to bleach them and re-dye them ? (please, please, if you know how I can bleach and re-dye motocross pants and shirts, please please please let me know the secret.)

I am not interested in the pattern on the plates. I am interested in the food ON the plate.

Why two forks and two spoons next to one plate ?

Why wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher ? (One of those steps is 100% waste of hot water.)

Plates should never be shaped like a shallow bowl.

Why is it wrong to drink wine out of a plastic cup ?

The reason my truck has vinyl floor and vinyls seats instead of cloth; it is a truck.

There is dust under my bed for the same reason there is all that dirt on top of your refrigerator. We cannot see it.

FYI - If you want to change the color of synthetic material you are better off with an airbrush than bleach and dye.

I think having two forks and two spoons is really good for not having your cake and ice cream taste like soup and salad. :lmao: Also good if you are klutzy and likely to drop one...

#60 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

At this rate, you may not be a spinster for long after all!

You forgot to coach Moose on the line about "How thin you look this morning....(as I grind your coffee beans)..."

Wait!!! I see you did coach him about this in the foreign language thread! You better watch out!

I don't know, girl, I've been a spinster for so long it would take me a while to re-figure out how to be anything else...
Besides...Moose already got engaged in another thread... :welcome:
I miss you! You should meet up with us in Cozumel in February!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users