• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How do you know if someone is interested in you?

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#76 robcgould

robcgould

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:I have lost too many log books to really know, 2000+

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

quote]
True. I don't want to paint all ladies with the same brush. There are jerks on both sides of the gender fence and as always a few always ruin it for the majority. Straight forward communication is the way to go. "Oh that's very nice, but I am seeing someone" is the usual stand-by line if they are not interested and that is fine. Saves a lot of disappointment.

Here here, Why is it that we can not simply come out and say "I find you (physically, mentally and/or whateverly) attractive and would like to get to know you better" I wish I had the nerve to risk rejection like that! But it would make all this SSSOOOO much easier.
Just think of all the time lost with trying to come up with witty one liners (never been good with that stuff) or the money spent on buying uninterested parties drinks etc. or the loss of a life enriching relationship!
Can this not be easier???? But then anything worth having is worth the investment right?
Just the ramblings of an interested and potentially interesting party
Robert
"Did I say party? where?"
'Good Divers are ALWAYS Learning'

When you jump out of a plane, you are dead until you do something!

I crack me up! - ALF

#77 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

I think the answer to the original question is that it's not hard to tell if someone is REALLY interested in you. The uncertainty is between not interested or maybe a little interested. If someone is crazy about you it's obvious. Everything short of that is not however.

#78 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

This topic looks like it's been talked out, but have something to add about myself.

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :cool:

Good Luck to everyone!!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#79 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

Wow, just read this whole thread and learned almost nothing. I have a hard time with women at this point in my life. All I would like to find is a friend to spend time with, any thing else is a bonus. Unfortunately all the women that I seem to go out with want money in some form or another. (Try telling the lady you are going out with you live in a truck byt the river.) But I think that honest comunication makes up for a lot in a relationship. It is just hard to get there, on both sides of the gender coin. Both sexes have lots of chances to be hurt and these events color the future of relationships. I need the 2x4 just because I don't want to upset the lady and lose a friend. Friends are much more important than bedroom buddies. The biggest problems are getting the various trust issues solidified before any thing disasterous happens.....That and bring a club.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#80 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

I have a hard time with women....
Keith

No pun intended I assume, or are you bragging?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#81 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now what was that topic question again :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cool: ?????
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#82 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

This topic looks like it's been talked out, but have something to add about myself.

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :cheerleader:

ScubaSis - I know exactly what you mean! I'm working with and instructing a bunch of cops, firefighters or military guys a lot of the time. Over the years I’ve learned to be ‘one of the guys’ and now it’s just SOP.

I need the 2x4 f upside the head or sure... :cool:

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#83 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :cheerleader:

ScubaSis - I know exactly what you mean! I'm working with and instructing a bunch of cops, firefighters or military guys a lot of the time. Over the years I’ve learned to be ‘one of the guys’ and now it’s just SOP.

I need the 2x4 f upside the head or sure... :cool:

Stacy

Well, if we get to go diving together sometime, we will have to work together to fix the broken radars!!! :cheerleader:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#84 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I guess what we learn is that every one is different, and just be yourself. What will happen will happen and go with that. Stop crying over spilled milk and all. If there were an easy answer we would all be happily married and there would be no need to discuss any thing like this.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#85 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :diver:

I need the 2x4 f upside the head or sure... :wakawaka:

Stacy

Well, if we get to go diving together sometime, we will have to work together to fix the broken radars!!! :lmao:

I can help your radars. I want to dive with you two.....Please see I can just come out and ask. :cool1:

#86 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

.... Why is it that we can not simply come out and say "I find you (physically, mentally and/or whateverly) attractive and would like to get to know you better" I wish I had the nerve to risk rejection like that! But it would make all this SSSOOOO much easier.

Robert - live fearlessly. :cool1:
I am so bored of the crazy game playing and mixed signal sending, and I bet I'm not the only woman out there that is.
I would be thrilled if men would be more straightforward as you suggest.
I have made a decision to do just that - stop with the signal sending and just speak the plain truth. So far, I'm finding it to be much better. :wakawaka:

I have to confess that, the last time a man expressed interest, he just kissed me. It was a pleasant surprise, and a signal not to be misunderstood. So, that one works, I guess. :lmao:

Tammie
Carpe Diem!

#87 Dichotomy

Dichotomy

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW & EAN (but planning on more, much, much more...
  • Logged Dives:175+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:11 AM

:bam: Wow! This thread has traversed a LOT of terrain in its wanderings! And, like most trails that one will follow, the most interesting things are discovered during the journey. We often lose sight of that because we are so focused on the destination (e.g. a marriage, a family, sex or whatever) that much of what is truly important, or relevant, is missed or ignored. The original question was about how we know when someone is interested :diver: ? That question produced a wide variety of answers and tangents for which there seemed to be a couple of common themes: HONESTY, or a 2x4 upside the head :wakawaka: . Either option can leave one dazed :wacko: ... or seriously hurt :tears: ... or without question about how someone feels (e.g. :cool1: , :cool2: , :lmao: , :wub: , etc.). Based on the thread, honesty (with one's self or another) is apparently less desireable to use than a 2x4 (i.e see the number of people requesting it be used as a sign of "interest" - but that is another topic and thread in and of itself :whip: ). However, and this is VERY important, the use of honesty is far less likely to get one thrown in jail than the use of a 2x4. AND [in most cases] is sufficient, and much more likely, to produce the desired results. That being said, I'd like to think that I wouldn't need a 2x4 upside my head in order for a woman to get her point across, so if being honest and direct are not an option I'd find it helpful - and extremely clarifying - if she simply threw herself on me. :teeth:

~J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what type of indication do you have to have to know if someone is interested in you?

Me? A 2x4 up side you head followed by "hey I like you, your cute" I know it seems a little hard headed of me, but thats the way I am. I flirt with gals but its all in fun, just trying to do my part and put a smile on someones face. So flirting to me is just a past time, each one putting a smile on each others face and seeing if you can make them blush. So when some gal flirts with me I think she is just being friendly. I really don't know if she is interested in me or just trying to make me smile.

So what do other people need to see or hear before there off the the chase.

#88 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :birthday:

I need the 2x4 f upside the head or sure... :teeth:

Stacy

Well, if we get to go diving together sometime, we will have to work together to fix the broken radars!!! :birthday:

I can help your radars. I want to dive with you two.....Please see I can just come out and ask. :birthday:

ScubaSis and JustScuba - it's on! The three of us diving together soon! :blink:
I just want to be underwater!

#89 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :teeth:

I work with almost ALL men. We cut up and act like brothers and sisters most of the time. That being said, I do the same thing now with most men I'm around. I for one need the 2 X 4 up side the head. I actually find it very honorable when a man can aproach me with honesty saying he would like to take me out and get to know me better. I find it a great compliment to me and I see the man with a new respect when he is secure enough in himself to aproach me this way. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen enough!! :pray:

I need the 2x4 f upside the head or sure... :evilgrin:

Stacy

Wow! I must need that 2x4 too; The majority of my friends have to tell me when someone is interested in me and my usual response is "no they aren't" - I think I did get a slap on the back of the head once - not sure it helped. :cool1:

#90 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what type of indication do you have to have to know if someone is interested in you?

Me? A 2x4 up side you head ... I really don't know if she is interested in me or just trying to make me smile.

A tongue in my ear will do very nicely.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users