• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How do you know if someone is interested in you?

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

You know drBill, I'm a SoCal gal, and I've always paid for everything. Well, I did let Oil Rig Dan (you know the one that got left out at the oils rigs and was spotted by a boy scout on a passing boat) buy me dinner one time after returning from a day of diving- and this was before his encounter with death at high sea.

I really hate the way you claim it is just SoCal or L.A. women- it is not the location, but the type you find yourself attracted to. Those type of woman are EVERYWHERE. And their attitudes are based on what society tells them anyways. Women are taught form little girls that if they are feminine and pretty that they will be taken care of- ah, fairy tales, Barbie dolls, beauty contests. Girls are STILL being taught that it is their looks (and their soul) that will support them- a man will marry them and take care of them, therefore they EXPECT a man to pay for everything.

You shouldn't make us all sound so BAD!

I think DrBill is just frustrated that there are many women who don't have the same attitude towards dating that you do. He's had some wonderful women in his life and he's hoping to find another.

I agree with him that some women can be pretty materialistic -- some.

But so can some men. I know a few guys who are trophy hunting, guys who think that showing off the things they own will attract the perfect woman. In many cases they are correct. Flashing their money will attract women who are interested in money. Then they wonder why she runs off with somebody younger, richer, or hipper than they.

I don't get it.............. I ride around in my midlifecrisismobile, I've got my silk shirt open to my navel, my gold chains dangling, crusin for the hotties.............. and they just laugh at me.......... :o What am I doin wrong? :banghead: :flirt: :diver:

BOTH of you are right...people will do what is expected of them or what they are rewarded for! And hey it usually works or they wouldn't keep doing it!

Too bad many of us have to choose between *diving and toys*....or *wining and dining* a member of the opposite sex!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

Clearly, you haven't driven down my street...cuz I might just jump on the hood of your midlifecrisismobile

and I'd only be laughing cuz I scared the carp out of you!!

WOOHOO! :banghead:

Are you coming to NC? I might just have to drive it up there.

But I have to take off the gold chains before diving, they throw off my weight! :flirt:

#48 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

Clearly, you haven't driven down my street...cuz I might just jump on the hood of your midlifecrisismobile

and I'd only be laughing cuz I scared the carp out of you!!

WOOHOO! :banghead:

Are you coming to NC? I might just have to drive it up there.

But I have to take off the gold chains before diving, they throw off my weight! :flirt:

Hmmm, NC??

I love the diving

I could find more artifacts to go with one's I found in July

and I could keep you from entangling yourself on a wreck with your gold chains! Finally, my Rescue diver cert could really come in handy!!

#49 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

I dare say it does make a difference where one lives. Los Angeles and Orange County are literally full of such women. With apologies to you, good thing most of them are blondes and I prefer brunettes (now there's another gross generalization for you to pounce on). I never noticed any predominance of this type of woman in the Midwest or the East Coast where I have also lived.

If women are to be truly liberated, then they need to release themselves from the streotypes they say society has acclimated them to. I came from sectors of society where women were given role models that made them strive to be intelligent and independent, not Barbie dolls that feel they need to be taken care of. What absolute rubbish in today's society... a fall back to the 50's?

I certainly don't hate a woman who likes an occasional box of chocolates (and shares them), but I don't give cut flowers (too many ecological issues). Heck, I don't hate anybody. And not all SoCal women fall into this stereotype... if they did, I wouldn't continue to live here (or do I stay just for the great diving?). But MANY of them do. And there are certainly equibvalent stereotypes for many of the LA LA Land guys.

I really hate the way you claim it is just SoCal or L.A. women- it is not the location, but the type you find yourself attracted to. Those type of woman are EVERYWHERE. And their attitudes are based on what society tells them anyways. Women are taught form little girls that if they are feminine and pretty that they will be taken care of- ah, fairy tales, Barbie dolls, beauty contests. Girls are STILL being taught that it is their looks (and their soul) that will support them- a man will marry them and take care of them, therefore they EXPECT a man to pay for everything.

But don't hate a good woman if she expects flowers and chocolates- that's the problem nowadays, those kind of women ruin it for the "normal" minded female that just likes a bit of romance now and then.

#50 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Hmmm, NC??

I love the diving

and I could keep you from entangling yourself on a wreck with your gold chains! Finally, my Rescue diver cert could really come in handy!!

Artifacts? Is that a new term for OLD GUY? :o

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :lmao:

#51 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:23 AM

I don't get it.............. I ride around in my midlifecrisismobile, I've got my silk shirt open to my navel, my gold chains dangling, crusin for the hotties.............. and they just laugh at me.......... :o What am I doin wrong? :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :lmao:

Well two things are missing. First, you have to have Billy Ocean playing "Get out of my dreams and get into my car..." at full volume. Second, beep the horn!!! That is the big missing step... Yelling out "Woo baby, do those legs go all the way up!?" is optional, but the horn is mandatory...! :D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

I dare say it does make a difference where one lives. Los Angeles and Orange County are literally full of such women. With apologies to you, good thing most of them are blondes and I prefer brunettes (now there's another gross generalization for you to pounce on). I never noticed any predominance of this type of woman in the Midwest or the East Coast where I have also lived.

The cost of living is so out of balance/range in CA that these types of imbalances occur. You have a preponderance of weathly people who live there and LOVE TO FLASH THEIR MONEY OR THEIR SUCCESS...you know...LOOK AT ME AND HOW SUCCESSFUL I AM. DATE ME CUZ I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY AND I PURSUE MY HOBBIES BETTER THAN THE NEXT GUY AND I'LL BUY YOU DINNER AND TAKE YOU ON TRIPS AND TREAT YOU BETTER THAN THE NEXT GUY.

Get the idea? Women would not be looking for the next great dinner date if they'd never encountered the guys that are so focused on what a great dinner date they are. Jellyfishluv hit on something very profound...sell yourself on your wallet but don't get upset when you are only judged on your wallet.

If women are to be truly liberated, then they need to release themselves from the streotypes they say society has acclimated them to. I came from sectors of society where women were given role models that made them strive to be intelligent and independent, not Barbie dolls that feel they need to be taken care of. What absolute rubbish in today's society... a fall back to the 50's?

Ah but for that to happen...women to release themselves from the stereotypes that society has bound them too...or that men have chained them too...then advertising execs must stop using women to sell things aka billboards full of EVERY ad in the world showing a beautiful women on it and then MEN should stop responding to these ads. If that were to happen then women would no longer be chained to this stereotype. You can't be slave to something if people(men) will no longer propogate it and reinforce it and encourage it and well demand it.

I certainly don't hate a woman who likes an occasional box of chocolates (and shares them), but I don't give cut flowers (too many ecological issues). Heck, I don't hate anybody. And not all SoCal women fall into this stereotype... if they did, I wouldn't continue to live here (or do I stay just for the great diving?). But MANY of them do. And there are certainly equibvalent stereotypes for many of the LA LA Land guys.

I think the issue is you live in LA LA land. So you trade off diving for LA LA land issues. Not an easy choice at times. :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#53 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

Well, I have my own issues with PEOPLE in general, and yes various locations ATTRACT certain types of people! California is so expensive to live in, woman (and men) have to resort to all sorts of things to support themselves. A majority go into the sex business! Now, talk about selling you soul!!

As for woman liberating themselves from these stereotypes, I never said that THOSE women what to be liberated! THOSE types like THAT kind of attention.

I hate to use ME as an example, but here it goes: I have been fighting for 12 years to be completely independent, to be able to pay my own bills and know that I DON'T need a man to survive (or do laps dances and such for a pay check) That doesn't mean however, that I don't want a man that could and would pay all the bills! I mean, if I was going to have a family, I certainly would want to raise my own kids. That doesn't mean I would be a stay at home mom/housewife forever! Dear god I would get so bored with that life!!!! But I wouldn't want to pop the kid out and run off to run some fortune 500 as the CEO either.

So even me, the preachess of INDEPENDENCE expects that if marriage was involved, that the man would take on the traditional role of family provider because a part of me wants to take on the traditional role the woman plays but with the 21st century twist- that it is not a permanent role. I mean really, the days of leave it to beaver are over- or did they really ever exist in the first place? Well, for the upper middle classes it did, and still does. The OC attracts some of the highest paying career seekers, and these MEN marry their pretty little wives that play the little wife role. The OC MOM. Unfortunately, until you men can start giving birth yourselves, the concept of what a woman is suppose to do in her life and what a man is suppose to do in his, will never fully change, and maybe GOD made it that way (and I'm atheist).

Now in your case, you've probably already been married and had kids, so of course you probably never what to take on that traditional role again- very fine. Just make sure that the lady you date wants the same thing as you because otherwise it will never work. I'm not saying THOSE types of women you described are the way they are because they want to have families, etc., 90% chance they are just stereo typical women that starve themselves and live at the gym and they BELIEVE that they deserve the world handed to them for that. Finding someone is simply tough- good luck

But don't hate a good woman if she expects flowers and chocolates- that's the problem nowadays, those kind of women ruin it for the "normal" minded female that just likes a bit of romance now and then.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#54 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

When they agree to my advertised rate (without haggling) -- :cheerleader:
Signature under construction :)

#55 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:59 AM

When they agree to my advertised rate (without haggling) -- :cheerleader:

:cheerleader: For bringing this thread back on topic. :lmao:
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#56 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Ah but for that to happen...women to release themselves from the stereotypes that society has bound them too...or that men have chained them too...then advertising execs must stop using women to sell things aka billboards full of EVERY ad in the world showing a beautiful women on it and then MEN should stop responding to these ads. If that were to happen then women would no longer be chained to this stereotype. You can't be slave to something if people(men) will no longer propogate it and reinforce it and encourage it and well demand it.

Based on occasional perusals of some ladies' magazines (I have three sisters) and billboards (we have none here thank goodness), it appears that advertising execs use Ken dolls to sell products to women just as they use Barbies to sell things to us.

The kind of independent woman I seek would be able to easily break from such stereotyping... because she'd have the intelligence to do so, and the self-respect to not want to be someone's trophy wife.

#57 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

Hmmm, NC??

I love the diving

Artifacts? Is that a new term for OLD GUY? :o

:cool1: :lmao: :lmao:

No!!

pretty funny thought though :lmao:

but I did find a boot heel!

oh and a bathroom tile and pieces from 2 different plates

#58 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

Well two things are missing. First, you have to have Billy Ocean playing "Get out of my dreams and get into my car..." at full volume. Second, beep the horn!!! That is the big missing step... Yelling out "Woo baby, do those legs go all the way up!?" is optional, but the horn is mandatory...! :D

:respect: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

SWEET!

As far as the horn goes -- is a regular horn OK, or should I get one of those that plays La Cucaracha? Or (since this is Tennessee) one like they had in the General Lee that plays Dixie? :D

#59 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

No!!

Cool. I hadn't thought about artifacts.

Of course, I doubt I would recognize a boot heel if it bit me on the azz! :lmao:

I'm scared of sharks though. Will you protect me? :respect:

#60 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

No!!

Cool. I hadn't thought about artifacts.

Of course, I doubt I would recognize a boot heel if it bit me on the azz! :lmao:

I'm scared of sharks though. Will you protect me? :respect:

:lmao:
of course, I'll protect you! All sharks ever do to me is smile...they do have a kinda toothy grin though :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users