• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How do you know if someone is interested in you?

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#61 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Sorry, not so. Ken dolls are there to teach little girls what kind of man they can have if they look like Barbie- and then to play with the dolls and "role model"

Good, for you. I think there might be a few men in this world that want a woman that is strong and independent. The problem is, does the strong and independent woman want him?

It's a crazy world we live in drbill. I am just as disenchanted with the SoCal culture as you. But I was born and raised there and what really bothers me is when men move to the O.C. or the desert form their home town and state to MINE and then complain about the way "all us SoCal Woman are!" 1) I am not like "THEM" and 2) Half of "THEM" are women that got tired of kicking bullshit in Minnesota, moved to Hollywood, got a boob job and is looking for Mr. Sugar daddy! It's OTHER STATES woman that are like that- not natives, except for the spoiled little upper class "DADDY'S GIRLS" that teach their daughters to be that way. If you want to blame someone, blame every dad that spoiled his little girl. Most of them turn out to be Veruca Salts or Violet Beauregarde.

And I know this well because UCSB was/is flooded with O.C. brats!

NOW, how to tell if someone likes you?

If (in my case the guy) isn't a sick jerk, then when he continues to sms you and call you and invited you to meet his friends and really "acts" like he's interested in more than a one-night-stand because he continued to pursue for a year, you should be able to ASSUME that person is interested. But if he's a sick bastard, well, then, like in my case, you just really, really get your head screwed with and your heart broken and you stop running and feed the depression with chocolate and wine until you gain two stone!!!!

:bam: On yeah, it was how to tell? I couldn't tell ya, I've been the victim of "long-term fake interested signs!" ;)

Ah but for that to happen...women to release themselves from the stereotypes that society has bound them too...or that men have chained them too...then advertising execs must stop using women to sell things aka billboards full of EVERY ad in the world showing a beautiful women on it and then MEN should stop responding to these ads. If that were to happen then women would no longer be chained to this stereotype. You can't be slave to something if people(men) will no longer propogate it and reinforce it and encourage it and well demand it.

Based on occasional perusals of some ladies' magazines (I have three sisters) and billboards (we have none here thank goodness), it appears that advertising execs use Ken dolls to sell products to women just as they use Barbies to sell things to us.

The kind of independent woman I seek would be able to easily break from such stereotyping... because she'd have the intelligence to do so, and the self-respect to not want to be someone's trophy wife.

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 31 August 2007 - 04:24 PM.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#62 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Sorry, not so. Ken dolls are their to teach little girls what kind of man they can have if they look like Barbie- and then to play with the dolls and "role model"

Well, in that case, I'm really glad that I don't look like Barbie, as I am very glad my SO is not anatomically lacking in the same way as Ken. Poor Barbie!
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

Sorry, not so. Ken dolls are their to teach little girls what kind of man they can have if they look like Barbie- and then to play with the dolls and "role model"

Well, in that case, I'm really glad that I don't look like Barbie, as I am very glad my SO is not anatomically lacking in the same way as Ken. Poor Barbie!

Hey what looks good on the outside doesn't always look so good on the inside! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

ain't that the truth sista!

Hey what looks good on the outside doesn't always look so good on the inside! ;)

That doesn't mean however, that every "good-looking" person is bad or that every "bad looking" person is nice. We all know this.

The guy I spoke about (not from SD so don't worry WW) was like super-model gorgeous, and I was so confused that he was even giving me the time of day considering he had the looks & his own successful business. I mean, guys like that date the really "hot" chics. So I thought maybe he was tired of the drama that goes with it, and I come to find out, he IS the drama- he creates it, he feeds off it, and I got tied up in it because I was at the wrong place at the wrong time (Egypt, Dec. 2005).

But, that jerk hasn't won yet! Just because he screwed me over, doesn't mean I'm going to give up on finding MR. PERFECT. And for me, that means, a man with the looks, GOOD PERSONALITY and success. I am particular about what a man actually does- i.e. I can't see myself married to a garbage man or a septic tank drainer or a plumber, even though those septic tank guys make a lot of money. So it is not just how much they make but HOW they make it.

M was lacking the good personality (at least with me. To other people he seems quite caring).

I have almost accepted that it is possible I will never meet anyone because I DO and WILL retain these standards. I know there are men out there and that exist to my liking, but because of social bias and cultural differences, they treat me like @!&%. And I won't tolerate it.

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 01 September 2007 - 03:24 AM.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#65 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:17 AM

Of course you are absolutely right... it is not ALL women in SoCal (or all men) that are this way. There are very high frequencies of them in some areas.

One of my fav dive buddies is OC born and raised. She goes through men like I go through donuts. However, she is a fantastic friend... just don't get romantically involved (I haven't). I know of others who are natives. That, of course, does not mean all SoCal natives are this way. I certainly know of others who can't stand the crass materialism of OC.

I do find that many of the women I've met in SoCal that have been "attractive" (and I'm referring to them, not their bodies) to me were actually transplants from Midwestern or Rocky Mountain States who were not here for the Hollywierd scene or to snag a Sugar Daddy. Speaking of which, my latest line is "I'm old enough to be your Daddy, but not ricj enough to be your Sugar Daddy" (just kidding... at least about using it).

Yep, I taught at UCSB (Prof Bushing I presume). Many of my students were more interested in their Greek parties or surfing. However, once they realized that my surprise quizzes actually counted in their grades, they started coming to class.

I still don't have a clue as to how to tell if a woman is interested. I've met some really nice ladies the past few days... you know, the type who can more than hold their weight in a conversation. I wish any one of them had been interested, but I'll never know... because I'm clueless!

Sorry, not so. Ken dolls are there to teach little girls what kind of man they can have if they look like Barbie- and then to play with the dolls and "role model"

Good, for you. I think there might be a few men in this world that want a woman that is strong and independent. The problem is, does the strong and independent woman want him?

It's a crazy world we live in drbill. I am just as disenchanted with the SoCal culture as you. But I was born and raised there and what really bothers me is when men move to the O.C. or the desert form their home town and state to MINE and then complain about the way "all us SoCal Woman are!" 1) I am not like "THEM" and 2) Half of "THEM" are women that got tired of kicking bullshit in Minnesota, moved to Hollywood, got a boob job and is looking for Mr. Sugar daddy! It's OTHER STATES woman that are like that- not natives, except for the spoiled little upper class "DADDY'S GIRLS" that teach their daughters to be that way. If you want to blame someone, blame every dad that spoiled his little girl. Most of them turn out to be Veruca Salts or Violet Beauregarde.

And I know this well because UCSB was/is flooded with O.C. brats!

NOW, how to tell if someone likes you?

If (in my case the guy) isn't a sick jerk, then when he continues to sms you and call you and invited you to meet his friends and really "acts" like he's interested in more than a one-night-stand because he continued to pursue for a year, you should be able to ASSUME that person is interested. But if he's a sick bastard, well, then, like in my case, you just really, really get your head screwed with and your heart broken and you stop running and feed the depression with chocolate and wine until you gain two stone!!!!

:P On yeah, it was how to tell? I couldn't tell ya, I've been the victim of "long-term fake interested signs!" :banghead:

#66 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:51 PM

HMMMmmmmmm.........

I just had a woman from a class about a month ago call and ask if I want to go diving with her and two girlfriends next week. And to dinner afterwards.

She's married, but the two friends are single, and one of them is HOT. :o :wakawaka:

#67 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:05 PM

She's married, but the two friends are single, and one of them is HOT. :o :wakawaka:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#68 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

"You ladies don't mind posing for me, do you? I'm working on my underwater photography skill........." :o

#69 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

You do know which one of them is interested in you, ...........don't you???

nope, think again.

that's how these things always work out.. sorry my friend!
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#70 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:00 AM

nope, think again.

that's how these things always work out.. sorry my friend!

Sorry???? Hmm, so what if Ms "not so hot" actually turns out to be the more substantial, interesting person who can actually string coherent sentances together AND the one you click with?

#71 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:53 AM

Sorry???? Hmm, so what if Ms "not so hot" actually turns out to be the more substantial, interesting person who can actually string coherent sentances together AND the one you click with?

With my luck, Miss Hot and Miss Not So Hot would be together. :o
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#72 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Nope. I'm not even sure any of them are. But I'm hoping it's not the married one. :o

#73 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

She dives too, so I'm good. :o

#74 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

With my luck, Miss Hot and Miss Not So Hot would be together. :wakawaka:

LOL

#75 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

She dives too, so I'm good. :wakawaka:

Good answer!!! :teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users