• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Is anyone else creeped out by all the tracking the new site does?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

DandyDon... I send you a comment AND added you as a friend and I'm going to check your profile every day!! And next I'll add diverb0b! I'm going to join ScubaStacy in stalking all these great SD fellas. Yup, that's my dive plan!! Woo-hoo!! :cool1:

I got the email that you'd commented, but I can't get to wherever I need to go to approve it. :diver: So I changed my settings. If you would like to add the comment again, it should go thru, and even FBasset can lible me. :o I don't think I can see what the comments are, but I enjoy a little risk & thrill now and then.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#17 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

I have a profile? Hmmm, that can't be good.

#18 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

I got the email that you'd commented, but I can't get to wherever I need to go to approve it. :o So I changed my settings. If you would like to add the comment again, it should go thru, and even FBasset can lible me. :cool1: I don't think I can see what the comments are, but I enjoy a little risk & thrill now and then.

OK, kiddo. I commented! And I think you got it working now. Whoever designed this site used every gadget and gew-gaw they could throw in, I guess....

#19 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

TY for the comment Cat Fish, whatever it says. I can't see it, but coming from you I'm sure it was sweet. :cool1:

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#20 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

LOL Damn! Guess my days of secretly stalking the male SD members is over for sure now! :cool2:

Fairybasslet, you dimed me, girlfriend... and I would have had your back! :lmao:

Sorry about that girlfriend. I was trying to be specific to creep Don out a little since he couldn't view his profile. Though I'm sure he doesn't mind you're stalking him. :lmao:

#21 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

TY for the comment Cat Fish, whatever it says. I can't see it, but coming from you I'm sure it was sweet. :lmao:

Yeah, not like something I would write huh? :cool2:
BTW, I didn't rate you because I don't know if they refer to:

1)how well you can dive
2) how good you can cook
3) how good you are in bed
4) none of the above
5) all of the above

#22 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

TY for the comment Cat Fish, whatever it says. I can't see it, but coming from you I'm sure it was sweet. :lmao:

I told ya a dirty joke, Don. Sorry you missed it! :cool2:

#23 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

I really don't want to know who looked at my profile or see records displayed of everyones' online activity, including my own. What is the purpose of these features? I can't think of another message board that is set up like this other than searching for "last posts" "threads started by" and "photos posted."

Not only not happy about this but also confused & afraid to look :cool2:

#24 Guest_Oliver!_*

Guest_Oliver!_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

I actually find it a bit comforting that the admins now have some means in place to make it easier to see it someone is paying undue attention to anyone or any group of individuals on the website.

Is it Orwell's 1984? No. Far from it. I think most of us see 1984 as the fiction that it is or a bad Apple Computer commercial. In all likelihood, the ones squeaking about the perceived "creepiness" or the supposed "Big Brother" analogies would be the first ones squeaking about the 'lack' of SD's concern for them if someone was stalking them or a stalking incident occurred and SD had no way to track them.

While these tools could possibly be abused, I seriously doubt any of the admins have nothing better to do than to 'watch' what each of us does. I assume that my moves are logged somewhere, I assume they have always been available to the admins, now, they seem to be equally visible to the Premier Members and above whose accounts I have some affect on.

I don't feel any insecurity, nor do I feel I have anything to hide when I post, view a thread, start a thread or even look at my fellow member's profile. Granted, I don't do a lot of any of these things, but honestly, how are we to get to know each other if we don't look at each other's profiles?

I am not a premier member and can't see these functions, I don't have PM capabilities, so apparently these new features are only available to Premier Members and above...

Have you become so afraid of who you are and what you do that we can't honestly 'visit' each other even in a virtual world? Isn't that the reason for having a profile in the first place? Or did everyone fill in bogus information to the fields they didn't want to be honest about?

#25 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

Well it does suck that I can get to Approve comments nor see comments on my own profile.

Last 5 viewed threads or profiles is a bit much. Never seen that on other boards... :cool2:

#26 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

( Insert Iagree smilie here)

actually find it a bit comforting that the admins now have some means in place to make it easier to see it someone is paying undue attention to anyone or any group of individuals on the website.

Is it Orwell's 1984? No. Far from it. I think most of us see 1984 as the fiction that it is or a bad Apple Computer commercial. In all likelihood, the ones squeaking about the perceived "creepiness" or the supposed "Big Brother" analogies would be the first ones squeaking about the 'lack' of SD's concern for them if someone was stalking them or a stalking incident occurred and SD had no way to track them.

While these tools could possibly be abused, I seriously doubt any of the admins have nothing better to do than to 'watch' what each of us does. I assume that my moves are logged somewhere, I assume they have always been available to the admins, now, they seem to be equally visible to the Premier Members and above whose accounts I have some affect on.

I don't feel any insecurity, nor do I feel I have anything to hide when I post, view a thread, start a thread or even look at my fellow member's profile. Granted, I don't do a lot of any of these things, but honestly, how are we to get to know each other if we don't look at each other's profiles?

I am not a premier member and can't see these functions, I don't have PM capabilities, so apparently these new features are only available to Premier Members and above...

Have you become so afraid of who you are and what you do that we can't honestly 'visit' each other even in a virtual world? Isn't that the reason for having a profile in the first place? Or did everyone fill in bogus information to the fields they didn't want to be honest about?

:cool2:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#27 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

LOL Damn! Guess my days of secretly stalking the male SD members is over for sure now! :lmao:

Fairybasslet, you dimed me, girlfriend... and I would have had your back! :dance:

Hey, check my Myspace. Its' linked on my profile. I can't see your profile, btw...

DandyDon... I send you a comment AND added you as a friend and I'm going to check your profile every day!! And next I'll add diverb0b! I'm going to join ScubaStacy in stalking all these great SD fellas. Yup, that's my dive plan!! Woo-hoo!! :cool2:

No your not because you have not been to my page No one likes me. :lmao: Why don't people like me? Iam nice.....short......fat....old...but nice

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:51 AM

No your not because you have not been to my page No one likes me. :lmao: Why don't people like me? Iam nice.....short......fat....old...but nice

Simply post more and people will check you out! I PROMISE!!! :cool2:

Besides when they find out what a great HSA instructor you are and how you are doing a really cool class for SDer's in April so we can learn to be able-bodied dive buddies...EVERYONE will :lmao: you! :dance:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#29 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:00 AM

No your not because you have not been to my page No one likes me. :cool2: Why don't people like me? Iam nice.....short......fat....old...but nice

Hey thats my description short fat and old :lmao:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#30 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

I actually find it a bit comforting that the admins now have some means in place to make it easier to see it someone is paying undue attention to anyone or any group of individuals on the website.

:clapping: I agree... I guess you just can't please everyone. Some will like it, some won't, some just won't care either way. :banghead:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users